Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your inspirations

Go down 
+4
Archmage_Bael
Chihiro Fujisaki
Nyaha
DarkOne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:37 pm

i didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I would make one.

Rather than just dicussing ideas for Felarya, mabye here we can dicuss exactly what our inspirations behind the ideas are, or what motivated us to create the idea in the first place. Since there are so many different ideas being put forward, it's quite clear that many don't branch off from Karbo's original work. therefore one naturaly wonders where they are coming from and why they were linked to Felarya.

Or in the same vein, mabye dicuss what Felarya means to you? Is it the vore? the adventure? the history? the fun of creating werid creautres?

And if you don't think about those sort of things in such detail, well mabye you should. If you are more aware of your own creative process and not just throwing ideas that you think were cool without a second thought, then your contributions will improve.

However if there is already a thread for this and I just happened to miss it, just ignore me Razz
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:05 pm

I think a lot of my inspiration just comes from random things that I think of, then happen to think of Felarya after or before. I have that kind of wandering mind that can just sort of find connections between two random thoughts. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:14 pm

My inspiration come from my childhood. I always used to RP with my friends in the backyard when I was young, acting out the characters and overtime I have really developed them into something I am very attached to. So attached to I rarely even post them on the website for fear I would have to change them to much to adapt to Felarya, which is obviously way different from what we did. But I try my best to downgrade their powers, add more interesting character traits, and a backstory more relative to this world. That is what I love most about it.

Felarya to me is simply adventure and an opportunity to create. The Vore is okay, I HATE the death aspect of it and it really weighs on my conscience whenever I read a vore story or see a photo. So I shy away from vore and stick to what I love. Cause why let one aspect ruin your perceptions right? XD Plus I LOVE vore, I just hate death.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:23 pm

To be honest, its hard for me to pinpoint my inspirations, as I do many things spontaneously, rarely ever relating it to something else.

I drew a lot of inspiration from Pokemon when I was a kid, that led me to anime, and eventually to the state I'm in now. Oh, and Castle in the Sky. I love that movie, so things like floating cities, floating mountains, large cities, big elegant, and...big constructions I love. That's the best place I would say I've drawn inspiration from.
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:29 pm

well for me its a huge mix of things, from favorite authers, to people in movies and cartoons as well as just the very things I see from day to day life.

Sometimes its my heroes from my childhood, and other times its just animals.

But most of the time its my family and friends and The Almighty himself.

A lot of people in the group inspire me as well, though I get even more inspired from them once I get to know them very well, and when it comes to characters I like of fellow group members I get inspired to write or draw a lot when I see them or get permission to fully use them.

But I'd like to thank a lot of my friends who have been like family to me hear.

Mainly Nyaha, walkingbyself, sadisticnerd, and Amaroq. You guys have inspired me a lot over the past year.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Those four are good people. I enjoy talking to them quite a bit myself. ^^
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:16 am

For ideas, I only have one inspiration: real life. Sure, I'm not the most prolific when it comes to ideas, but I just pick what exists in real life and twist it. Not at the levels of slimetoad, of course, just giving it another perspective to make it more alien-like.

For drawings and stories... I have lots of influences, though inspiration for what I want to illustrate or write about comes by itself.

And what does the setting mean to me? Aside from the usual "world full of dangers that shows exotic beaty along with gritty aspects that mix quite well, good for adventures and character development if done correctly", it's a place to "play with", for stories of topics I'm not used to and for drawing... well... if I drew more, I'd say more. xD
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Ilceren
Ilceren

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:54 pm

I tend to use a lot of inspiration from my dreams. Every now and then I wake up in the morning (or even at the middle of the night) and write some new idea in a notebook conveniently placed on my bedside table. It later becomes either a solution for a problem I've been having the last days, a new story or character, or the start of a new AI program.

If it's a thing I like, I normally come up with inspiration without really having to look for it. For example, I loooove castles, and I can tirelessly invent new ways of defense, wall and tower formations, traps, etc. Same happens with AI, even though that needs much more thought. And I hope Felarya is one of those things I happen to love so my imagination can provide me with countless new ideas. I'll have to wait and see.

For me, Felarya is a new universe I could get quite interested in if things go right. Writing stories for it could be fun, and the setting is not what I'm used to, which is what attracts me most.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Well I guess I should state my own inspirations, would be a bit dastardly of me to ask for everyone elses and not state my own. I could spend hours writing about this in great detail, but as not to bore anyone I'll give the summerized version.

As I said on my first day here, I am a animation student so animation and film in general are always going to be up there as my greatest influances.

Over the years I've become quite a fan of J. J. Abrams, creator of TV shows like 'Lost' and 'Fringe' I like how he takes concepts, but doesn't over complicate them with details about everything like Star Treck or Star Wars. Instead he just focouses on what matters to the characters and leaves you to work everything else out. I like that kind of storytelling, the emotional payoff is still there, but at the same time you are still pondering things months or even years after you experainced it.

I think being Brittish had a profound effect on my stories, only really realized it lately going through my notes for my Felaryian stories so far. I am inspired by all the brittish comedies, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Faulty Towers and so on. So I think my humour is inherited from growing up with those programs. That kind of dark, tounge in cheek and self deprecating kind of humour.

Which was proberly what attracted me to Karbo's work. His work isn't serious but because it is vore it has that dark undertone. So I came here because I could work with that pretty well. I like the balancing act that he does making characters that are monsters but are damn charming, and I kinda wanted to add my own varition of that very concept. When plotting out my ideas I simply see what already exists and see if I can take it in a new direction and add depth that I think is missing, rather than throw a new idea completly.

When coming up for my ideas for my character sheets for 'Saskia' and 'Winona' I think I've been mostly inspired by Film Noir. Film Noir by it's very definition are stories in the grey zone, prontagonists are not heros and their arch enimies are not cackiling villians. They are just humans that have different moral persectives. And I thought that would fit Felarya well, as essentaily it's taking what Karbo already established and taking it further. What really makes the idea interesting to me is that neither Saskia or Winona are human, but their conflict between them is. I never wanted a 'Humans vs the monsters' story that has been done for Felarya so long. My story is about two predators both with some understanding of humanity, neither the two are perfect nor evil, coming in contact with each other and the choas created by the game of cat and mouse between them.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:02 pm

I get 80% of all my inspiration from the movies, games, and books I watch/read/play. Often times I'll see/read a scene, and think to myself "Huh, I can picture my character doing something like that." Then I slowly tailor the scene until it becomes something interesting and not obviously copied. I also love, and I do mean love, crossovers. So I'll often think to myself, "I wonder what so-and-so would do if they met such-and-such in this place while this is happening." I then transform those random crossovers into workable ideas for my own characters. Finally, music. I've had so many ideas while listening to music.

As I stated above, I love crossovers. I originally came to find Felarya because I was looking for random crossovers. I stayed because it's a beautiful world filled with limitless possibilities and adventure -cough-the giant, beautiful preds were part of it too-cough-. Still, even with me finding all that, I like Felarya because it gives a plausible explanation to the random ideas that pop in my head. Like what would happen if a Flood spore infected the Borg...and now, what would happen if a Giant Naga were turned into a Borg Drone. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Your inspirations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your inspirations   Your inspirations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your inspirations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: