Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Natural Dangers

Go down 
+3
sparkythechu
Chihiro Fujisaki
Nyaha
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

Natural Dangers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:12 am

(Come on gets get this underway peoples! x3)
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:04 am

Ibrahime smiled, gently and sympathetically. She knew the pain of feeling helpless all too well. Taking that kind of risk for someone they've only just met would require the constitution of either a saint, or a madman.

"It's fine - why force yourself to go over a dangerous bridge if you might not have to cross it?" she reasoned, looking around for another way to help the trapped man.

A swirling glimmer of movement caught her eye. The man with the dirty blond hair, standing on the felled tree, still had an apparent storm of splinters swimming around him. She had glimpsed him forming these seemingly by lifting them out of the tree itself. Ibrahime didn't have as much experience with the abilities of mages as she did with straight-forward survival, but it appeared the man had more than just a basic element control - more like control over matter itself. She decided to take a gamble, to see if her theory was right; especially given the fairy was starting to ascend.

"Hoi!" she hollered down to the man, "Mr Neko! Those particles... Can you sense the difference in vibrations in a solid? Could you use the different feedbacks to identify exactly where the man is in that ball of mud? We might be able to jettison a line in to him or something!"
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Jimmy nods. "Sure, I could do that. Then we would need somebody to distract her while we get the line to him. She's got real precise control over her mud, and if she's focused on it, i doubt anything's getting through that lump." He stared at Ibrahime, thinking...perhaps she is smarter than i thought, at least a little...she's not dead yet, and she hasn't run away, so that's good enough for now.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:35 pm

"I can teleport, I will distract her since I can escape easily if I am in danger." She said seriously, taking a deep breath as she smiled to Jimmy and Ibrahime, teleporting away from her spot on the tree branch and to a tree closer to the fairy. "Hey bug wings!" She called out teasingly with a smirk,
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm

The fairy ignored (insert the character name shadow forgot to type in his post here)'s taunt - she'd heard better insults from tons of different people. In fact, she actually smiled a bit, thinking that the girl's attempt was rather adorable in how sad it was. Now if she had known a thing or two about my past and played off of that, she might've gotten some well-deserved attention. She swiftly continued her retreat on her mound of earth; her speed was quite incredible, equalling that of a motor vehicle. She would be gone if nothing was done in the next three seconds.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:19 am

(It's Sayomi, Nyaha. You even have the name in your first post XD)
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 am

She pouted lightly upon being ignored grumbling, what kind of woman didn't care about her looks? Sayomi went higher into the tree, very worried about the mans fate, trying to bring her back before she was gone for good.

"What the hell is your problem?! You gotta go around kill people cause your Mommy didn't love you enough or something? Or are you scared I'll beat your sorry ass?" She screamed out, trying to hide a blush she had from bursting out like that, something she had never done before.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:02 pm

"The first one!" the fairy called back. She was impressed - it hadn't taken that girl long to defer to her mother. Not exactly record time in her books but it was still better than 'bug wings'. "I mean, really?"

(Also I know that. I was just harping on Shadow for forgetting it)
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Sayomi smirked lightly when she saw the fairy look back to her. "I said your mommy didn't love you enough." She said slowly, not able to tell if she was pissed or impressed, or both. "Got a problem with it?"
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Jimmy was already going to work, sending his splinters behind her in a steady stream, sinking them into the mud. It only took a few seconds to locate El' Sereno. Once he did, he looked at Sayomi and nodded, hoping she knew exactly how to get a rope to him.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Da'Shi'Nal had come to discover a problem. He wasn't exactly able to do a whole lot to help here, what with this...giant girl with the crazy wings being such a powerful mage. So, he did what he always did in these situations, try random crap until it works. It wasn't much of a plan, and he admitted that, but it was better than sitting around doing nothing, or worse, being deadweight. He closed his eyes and and flipped open his tome to a random page, hoping for the best. He reopened his eyes and looked at the page. He had opened to a section on tornadic winds. Well, it's probably not ideal, but, when in doubt... With that, he set to work at preparing the spell, hoping she would still be in range once it was ready and that his training would be enough to handle this. Wind was never his forte when it came to control.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Meanwhile, Ibrahime was making full use of one of nature's greatest gifts to women: multitasking. She had broken off a hastily selected long, thin branch and was now hurrying along the natural walkways made by the tree's boughs to a better vantage point, stripping the bark from it as she went. The vine trailed behind her, ricocheting off the walkways' various twists and turns. There was no textbook ideal spot, but she quickly found a point that was adequately high and clear of foliage enough to try and make the throw from.

Tying one end of the vine to the makeshift javelin and the other to the branch, she studied the shot. In her younger adventurer days Ibrahime had become quite adept at hunting wild game with a spear, but that had been a long, long time ago. She focused on the area where the neko's splinters sunk into the mud to mark the position, thinking about the necessary arc the spear would have to travel in the one shot she had. Trying to take proper stock of the crosswind and finding the balancing point of the javelin in her hand, she looked down to the two men.

"If you guys have any tricks up your sleeve now's the time to use them!"

With a burst of speed, she took a short run-up and let the javelin fly. She put so much force into it she overbalanced, falling so she hung precariously from the branch.

(I don't like one-hitting, so I'll leave it up to you how successful her throw was. Try to weigh up her survival expertise with the difficulty of the throw.)
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm

As the makeshift javelin flew, jimmy sent a small group of splinters to ever so slightly nudge it from time to time, to try and keep it on course.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:34 am

The giant woman skidded to a halt, and the mound of earth under her turned her around. "I know that already!" she yelled back at Sayomi. She punched her right hand into the ball of mud, and used her magic to move El Sereno into her hand, where she grasped him manually. "That's why I ate her MYSELF!" The fairy then whipped her arm horizontally and sent the massive mud ball flying fast toward Sayomi.

After she was done, she noticed a sharp pain in her left shoulder. She glanced toward it and found Ibrahime's spear stick protruding from her skin, and a small stream of blood running down her arm.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Sayomi eeped for a moment before teleporting clear of it to another nearby tree. "Well I really don't care about that, just don't eat me, or him, or any of us. I don't want to fight." She said seriously, the spear in the fairies shoulder causing her to wince a bit, it looked painful.

"Just let us go, no one here wants to die." Sayomi said softly, trying to be reasonable and of sound mind.
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Rux pushed himself up shakily. He had failed to distract the woman and yet he was still alive, while the other man who had been trapped in the bog looked like he was about to be killed. That made the failure sink deeper into his heart...

No. He had not failed the man yet, and there was still time. He had watched El Sereno throw a crumpled piece of paper towards another man he hadn't had the pleasure of meeting yet and he knew it was meant for him.

He searched in the direction of Sereno's throw and found it, while the others took the over-sized woman on. He jogged towards the mage, holding the paper in an outstretched hand.

"Good Sir, I believe this is intended for you."
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Sereno panicked a little when the giant's hand grabbed him in the middle of the darkness, but after he was taken out, he managed to calm down to some extent. He heard Sayomi and decided it was as good a course of action as any, intending to help her.

"Yes, all this trouble would just get worse! If you try to snatch one of us away, the rest would fight against you with all they have. I've heard you grumble as the situation got like this, you don't like this one bit. Let us go and the trouble would end as soon as it started."

Last edited by Ilceren on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:31 am

"Uh... Whoops."

Still dangling from the branch, Ibrahime had managed to twist around to see the unexpected target her javelin had struck. Quickly, and with much cursing and effort, she managed to maneuver herself back to a standing position on the bough where she had thrown from. Hearing the change in tact from the other members of the party, she decided to join in - but stood with bent knees in such a way that she would hopefully be able to quickly scamper back to the relative safety of the dense foilage of the canopy.

"Yes, please," she pleaded. "That spear wasn't meant for you. I'm sorry. We were just trying to save our friend. You must have friends too, right? People who accept what you've done?"
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:02 am

Jimmy stared at the the fairy, his eyes flicking between El' sereno, her face, and the spear, then after a moments thought, he fragmented the spear, and pulled the splinters from her shoulder. He also began so slowly remove the blood from her arm, the droplets slowly floating away to leave the wound clean. A jagged smile suddenly ripped across his face as he stared at the wound, and he quietly chuckled, and his tail lashed back and forth. As soon as their little piece talk started going south, he would fix it. He could get the guy back...only the strongest survive...let's see how tough you really are...
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:26 am

"Heh, what happened to all that tough talk?" the beetle woman said to Sayomi, before the others began trying to pacify her. She looked around the group, giving each speaker at least a good listen. She somewhat agreed with El Sereno; he had her attitude towards the whole shebang that just fucking happened spot-on. But the thought of having gone through all that bullshit for nothing left a bitter taste in her mouth. But Ibrahime's words hit the hardest, and the fairy was forced to respond. "Oh, sure, they might say they accept me, but inside they're all still judging me. And when emotions rise up -- I only have to bring it up around them -- they go off talking about other courses of action I could have taken or trying to forgive my mom for whatever the fuck it was she did to me." She got more and more upset as she thought about it, her fist tensing up and tightly squeezing Sereno. Suddenly, her anger peaked, and she saw fit to take it out on the nearest person - her captive Sereno. With one swift movement, she raised her hand over her head and whipped it downward, hurling the man straight at the hard ground with a loud growl of frustration!
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:51 am

Sereno groaned as he was squeezed tightly, not very used to feeling pain, and dropped with a loud yell as he was thrown to the ground. He desperatedly tried to cling to the giant's fingers and the branches he passed, but he had no luck. All of them broke under the force of the toss, barely speeding down his fall to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Sayomi saw the lady hurl Sereno as took a deep break, raising her hand out towards the ground and creating a soft, cushion like barrier about 10 feet of the ground, directly below Sereno, concentrating on maintaining it, but not taking her eyes off the giant. "What is you name?" She asked softly, trying to calm her if she could. "My name is Sayomi."
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:22 am

Ibrahime stayed silent, still perched ready to scarper on top of the branch if things turned sour. She toyed with the idea of telling the fairy that they would all accept what she had done, that they saw no reason to forgive her - but her bitter lament about people inwardly judging her made her reconsider. If it was genuine sentiment the fairy was looking for Ibrahime couldn't say she was okay with the idea of matricide - even though she herself was mistreated by her mother, she'd never dream about killing her. What had that fairy's mother done to so damage her?

Her moral musings were cut short by a cry from El Sereno. She gasped, horrified, as the man plummeted helplessly towards the ground, his clutch snatching at passing branches. Almost as quickly as the danger started she breathed a sigh of relief, spotted the tell-tale haze above the ground that indicated some sort of magic barrier. Sayomi maybe? Or the other male neko? She listened to Sayomi's soothing tone, brainstorming ways she might be able to help get El Sereno to safety.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:24 am

(Who's going to state what happens to El Sereno - me or Ilcie? D: I don't know if I did it that it wouldn't be considered taking control of his character)
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 5:43 am

El Sereno plummeted to the ground, unable to find anything to hang onto. He tried to somehow twist his body to land with his feet first, but it was a difficult task to do while in the air, so it didn't have much effect appart from making him spin uncontrollably. The seconds turned to hours for him, being extremely conscious about everything that happened while he was falling.

"Just who paused the time?" He asked himself as he was falling, his accelerated brain making him see everything like a high-speed camera image.

A few feet away from the ground, he felt a strange pressure on his shoulder and the side of his head, the lower parts of his body at that moment. The pressure rises and his body is slowed down, the spinning making it end belly down toward the ground. His speed is lowered by this unidentified substance, but he still hits the ground painfully. He groans, the air knocked out of his lungs, and internally hopes he hasn't broken anything but thanking whoever did this and saved his life.

(He can get out of that alive, at least according to these descriptions of real rescue air cushions - pdf download.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Natural Dangers
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next