Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yiana Sohla

Go down 
+2
eusuna
Archmage_Bael
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Ah, its been forever since I wrote a character bio here. This is my first neko character, so I'm giving that a shot. The only issue is I have no idea what color I want the eyes and fur to be ^^;

Warning: uncomfortable content lies beyond this point.

Name: Yiana Sohla
Species: Neko
Eye Color: Purple
Fur Color: Purple
Ear Color: Purple
Predation: Uncertain

Yiana was born a fraternal twin amongst a small Neko community in Balfrezagg with her brother, the same place Léa came from. When she was just a young kitten, Raiders came through pillaging the community, killing and kidnapping. Yiana hid with her brother in their house to try and escape the vicious raiders. However, Yiana and her brother were found and captured anyway despite their attempts at hiding without knowing the fate of their parents and older sibling.

The raiders were soon to use them as slaves, specifically making lots of money from the disgusting rich by using them as exotic underage sex models, a prospect that most certainly scarred the twins who were kept together in more ways than one by their captors. This went on for a few years without the twins being able to escape, but in an effort to eliminate this disgusting industry and get rid of the raiders in one fell swoop, the Kingdom of Balfrezagg poised a trap for the unsuspecting raiders, eventually leading to their demise. The raiders ended up trapped in Felarya, along with Yiana and her twin brother and some other unfortunate prisoners as well. A predator attacked the caravan on their way to Negav, eating most of the raiders left there, and causing everyone to panic.

Yiana tried to find her brother who was in a different cart at this point and flee away from the scene and her captors, but her brother could not be found. While the predator was focusing on bigger meatier targets, Yiana took the opportunity to make her way toward Negav. Eventually she was able to make it to the city, scared and hungry. Yiana was sent to the orphanage in the poor district to be cleaned up and raised for the next few years but she didn't like that, due to feeling mistreated. She escaped, and decided to try and find her own living with a group of orphan kids who banded together to help each other survive. Yiana became a thief and rogue by trade and an expert at parkour, stealing everything she needed. She is currently living with the same group of kids years later at the age of twenty, still trapped in the poor district.

Law enforcement often has trouble catching her, due to her expertise at parkour. She moves up buildings and walls like she's flying, and can almost be beautiful to watch. It is perhaps her greatest skill aside from stealing.

Personality: Yiana is talkative and approachable, but untrustful. She enjoys telling other people how fortunate their life has been compared to hers as a way of dealing with her past. She does not trust a soul - as the only person she ever learned to truly care for was her brother, who is either missing or dead. Yiana has grown accustomed to theft, so she has little understanding of money and value (since she doesn't pay for things); and has learned parkour to a graceful extent. Due to her history, she has also become unafraid to show off her body, and not understanding why it's wrong to do so (other members of her group have told her its not appropriate). She also has Disassociation Personality Disorder, meaning she some times thinks she is her brother as a way of calming down or when she wants to "talk" to him, and it may become frustrating to speak with her when this happens.

Equipment: Loose light clothes for easy movement, short bow and arrows, various adventuring equipment stolen from the gullible which is hidden in her secret room.

I expect people to be pretty iffy regarding her past, but I don't make sob-story characters all that much - most of them are normal, and don't have serious issues to deal with so this was my exception to the rule. That is not to say I am the sort of person who enjoys the type of thing she was subjected to, just the opposite. I was trying to figure out how to phrase it so people would understand and not have to go into detail. "Model" was the closest word I find to describe what happened to her.

Back to top Go down
eusuna
Helpless prey
eusuna

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Just read the bio.

felt very sorry for Yiana Sohla reading about her past, and all.

looking foward to read about her in possible stories.
Back to top Go down
AzureJass
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
AzureJass

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Man, that is one dark backstory you've got there for her. she seems interesting enough for a Neko Smile
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:31 pm

I wouldn't say her backstory is really a "grim dark sob-story", though you may want to be careful about some of the details about it. It's not explicitely known if there is a Kingdom of Balfrezagg, or if it's just the name of the planet. If it is, then Kingdom of Balfrezagg sounds like a completely united international government, which raise the question of how they would have problem with raiders and slavers, lest they led a full-scale invasion and the home team had a really bad team. It's best that you remove that mention.

Another thing that bugs me is how you say that she doesn't trust a soul, yet has been with a gang of orphans for a while and still hangs with them. This seems to be contradictory as, if she doesn't trust anyone as you say, then she would have left them a long time ago. Thus she has to have some trust for them.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:45 pm

You can live with someone and not trust them. She would find it more comfortable to be with them than anyone else. Living with someone and trust them are two things that often go together at least in the upper parts of Negav. For example, thieves may make a hide out or a base with each other, but wont fully trust them, as a sense of camaraderie will help them protect each other, but will still be cautious about what they say to one another and where they hide their things. They are still thieves after all, and want money and other items. It's a similar situation here, and its not a guild they run, its a hide out. It's a bit complicated, but the situation is the best she could find.

As for Balfrezagg, there's nothing much written on it. A kingdom will have more than one city though, I mean Balfrezagg isn't Felarya after all. I assume there's more than just one city, and a bigger area of land influenced by the king's territory. However, A good portion of her history largely depends on the established canon of Balfrezagg. If its developed in such a way that makes Yiana's past difficult to work out, then I'll have to change or legitimize it somehow.

Thanks for the comments guys, don't be afraid to comment more ^^
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:00 pm

You explicitly say THE Kingdom of Balfrezagg. If it's supposed to be A Kingdom on the planet, then why does it have that name? Also, that still doesn't disprove my point. The way you state it, the only person she trusts is her brother. Everyone else is a traitor waiting to actually stab her. You may want to be clearer on why she still hangs out with them. If it's out of a sense of necessity, like she owes them something or if striking out on her own is just out of the question, then state it in the bio.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Shady Knight wrote:
Also, that still doesn't disprove my point. The way you state it, the only person she trusts is her brother. Everyone else is a traitor waiting to actually stab her. You may want to be clearer on why she still hangs out with them. If it's out of a sense of necessity, like she owes them something or if striking out on her own is just out of the question, then state it in the bio.
I don't think it's needed. She doesn't trust them, she just banded up with them for survivial. Her relationship with them is "You find food, I find something to drink" kind of one, she's not gonna trust them with her secret hideout or anything. It's like that film where the cops have to work with some prisoners in order for them both to live. Prisoners want to escape and cops fear being attacked.

Now Bael, I've read the bio and I don't really think that their past is THAT dark. Sure, it's very unfortunate and painful, but still, I don't think it's excessive. There are two points that caught my attention; first is the fact that Yiana was sent to an orphanage instead of her being ignored completely, but that's because of my vision of Negav, so it's not necessarily wrong. Second is her age. For her to be a "kid" when she joined the gang, I'd expect her to be sixteen or younger, but her ability at theft and parkour would point to more than four years of self-training. For her and her brother to be used as "sex models", I envision them to be... er, around eight? or older. Depending on how these ages vary, it may either make the captivity or her free period too short, so put a bit of thought into it. I remember wanting my character Elçim to be around his twenties and after a lot of struggle with his age, his abilities and the facts from his past, ended up with him being thirty.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Removing ambiguities is part of make a bio, orange text. I believe I showed you many examples of how something can be interpreted in more than one ways.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Well, it's not like he needs to add a whole paragraph for that, so I'll give you this one.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I was unsure about listing ages. Here it is:

1-6: lived with parents
6-10/11: used as underage sex tools/models
11/12-20: orphanage and street gang life.

She's had plenty of time to get proficient at parkour, and enough about Balfrezagg, its not that fleshed out anyway, I don't see what the issue is...Ilceren gets the idea about living with/no trust, living with someone doesn't mean you need to trust them. Those two things are interwoven in our life because its something we take for granted in our nice clean safe first world environments.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:58 pm

I like the parkour bit, it's a good way to make her unique. I imagine a neko would be all the better at it as well given their catlike physique and its inherent climbing proficiency.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:09 am

Getting a little insecure about changing one line, one that's minor relative to the rest, Mr. Bael? Hell, just change the name. Calling it the Kingdom of Balfrezagg sounds like it's the kingdom of the planet, which is iffy. Just give the kingdom another name. I will also admit that I may have been wrong about the whole trust thing, though you could say something that she's the one member who doesn't talk much, or is more aloof than the rest.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 am

Felarya Wiki wrote:
Some time ago the Balfrezagg kingdom where Léa was a slave...

So we know its a kingdom. Though that's one of only a couple things we know about it. So like I said, I'm willing to change any of the stuff (especially regarding Balfrezagg) but so far there's not an actual entry written out in the Versology page, despite there being at least a little info in Lea's page. Which is a little strange.

I guess its a "we know, but we don't really know" kind of thing if you get my drift. Razz

On another note though, when Lea was there it was attacked by more advanced raiders. I do not know if these raiders would be the same ones responsible for Yiana's unfortunate situation, or if the raiders who went after her home colony were native or something else.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:31 pm

So I've been thinking about Yiana more and more recently to the point where its bugging me. After seeing an episode of Samurai Shamploo I've been wondering if there isn't just something else that I could squeeze in. I'm not sure, but since I'm trying to make her backstory really dark maybe I could think of something else that she's lost, something a little more permanent, like eyesight (the blind woman episodes, 20 and 21 what's her name again?), or something in her mind that makes her a little more psychotic thanks to what she's been through - which might actually be the case.

Normally people who go through what she went through don't just seclude themselves, they're crazy in some way or form, and she was no only abused, but suffered being destitute and helpless in the poorest districts of Negav. Any one got an idea? I'm definitely going to be putting her into a story at some point now, so this is actually important.

Gotta head off to rehearsal now~
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 1:39 pm

I kind of want to resurrect this a bit for two reasons:

One, is that I did write a story or two - I don't know if the second one has been posted, I cant remember. Haven't written anything in a while due to reasons.
Bound, Chapter 1

Anyway, the other is due to her colorations. She has purple everything and that was mainly because I have and still do not have any idea of what kind of colors I should give her. This came up in the chatbox a short while ago, and since I love Yiana very much as a character now, I am all too eager to look for ways to make improvements.

Since its been a while, maybe some of the newer members may have something to say as well if anyone feels like actually commenting Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yiana Sohla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yiana Sohla   Yiana Sohla Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yiana Sohla
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Character discussion-
Jump to: