Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scent marking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Cats have scent glands on the top of their heads and rub things to leave their scent on it. Would Nekos have the same glands? Even if they don't do it instintly it still would be a very good navigating tactic.

Caves, temples and tombs where getting lost would be easy, a scent trail would allow your way back out a much easier job

Fake trials could be also to trick predators to where you want them, or simply away from your true path

Could also be used as a message, leave a scent on another Neko's house, and it can either be a threat ("Your ass is mine, got that? You don't screw with me!") Or it could be flirty ("I like you, I like you very much!") depending on the context

Last edited by DarkOne on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:12 pm

I don't think demi-humans incorporate every single features from their animal halves.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Well clearly, however it just strikes me that it has to be one of the most useful catlike traits and it doesn't really break the humaniod appearance much, it's much more subtle than the ablity to run on four legs and climb trees (which the wiki says they can do)

I also find the idea of Nekos rubbing heads gainst each other to show passion so adorable cat
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:46 pm

MMh, I have a funny picture in my head of a group of adventurers walking through a cave and all of a sudden they stop and turn to see a few nekos aggressively rubbing the rock wall of the cave. "myu~ myu~ myu~" Sean's right about not incorporating every little thing, but it seems like a good one.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Yeah I do get that not all cat characteristics need to be included, for example I doubt it would be cute if Nekos could also drop their pants, bend over and squirt musk from their anuses. Those sort of unnecessary details are where I draw the line XD

But I just think the head rubbing would be complementary to the characterstics the Nekos already have, such as the purring and climbing of trees. I guess it would vary on the neko though, ones that want to blend in with humans might drop the behavior at a certain age

hmmm....interesting thought, I wonder if Negav Nekos would try extracting head secretions and have it has a perfume?

"Have trouble attracting men? Use 'Le Feline' Fragrance, made from the secretions from the most popular and attractive Neko woman, the lads will be all over you in no time!
'Le Feline' The Fragrance with Meooooowww!"
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 pm

The only thing I can imagine that bringing about is a horde of hungry nagas down on you.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:02 pm

"Please allow for a few hours after applying before going outside the safty zones. The 'Le Feline' Corperation takes no responsibility for mishaps caused by the misuse of 'Le Feline'. Though for the impatient we do offer the scent remover 'Shoo Feline' for tripple the cost of the orginal perfume"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scent marking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scent marking   Scent marking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scent marking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Humans and Nekos-
Jump to: