Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Wiki corrections - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Belletia:

She holds a grudge agasint the two since then
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:03 am

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:38 pm

On Locations: Shimmering Sea it shows that Mermaids are the only inhabitants of that area which doesn't make sense. Would there not be other sea based creatures that one could find in the Topazial Sea in the Shimmering Sea as well? Otherwise your leaving Mermaids as the apex predator in that area according to the wiki. So why not give them some competition and add Chalaena's to the mix as well and whatever else would fit in with the local fauna that has already been created. Thanks for the consideration. study
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 6:46 pm

In the wiki there's no description about Kelerm (or Chiotia for that matter), yet Kelerm is on the Map (as indicated by an arrow), and Chiotia's merely mentioned on the Labrydine page.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:58 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
In the wiki there's no description about Kelerm (or Chiotia for that matter), yet Kelerm is on the Map (as indicated by an arrow), and Chiotia's merely mentioned on the Labrydine page.

There is actually an entry for Chioita here; I've created a couple of redirects, to make it more easily accessible. From now on, if you type in "Chioita" or "Chioita city", you'll get to it directly.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 am

walkingbyself wrote:
On Locations: Shimmering Sea it shows that Mermaids are the only inhabitants of that area which doesn't make sense. Would there not be other sea based creatures that one could find in the Topazial Sea in the Shimmering Sea as well? Otherwise your leaving Mermaids as the apex predator in that area according to the wiki. So why not give them some competition and add Chalaena's to the mix as well and whatever else would fit in with the local fauna that has already been created. Thanks for the consideration. study

Thank you for the notice ^^
well there is a couple of zone in this case. it doesn't means that the mermaids are the only ones there by any means, more that I hadn't the chance to establish the population there yet ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Could there be a redirect to get to the Category:Races page by "races" or "main races"?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 am

/Fish/ wrote:
Could there be a redirect to get to the Category:Races page by "races" or "main races"?

Done.
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Alright I'm not really sure if anyone has bothered to take note of this before. But on the Gyspas topic of the Minor races first page I noticed a few typo errors in the wording of this part here

"The amount of venom contained in one gyspa's abdomen, if emptied all at once, can drop a Kensha beast where it stands, although, like miaxi, the gyspa dies shortly after delivering it."

But I think it should be corrected to this as a suggestion so people won't be baffled when they read this part.

"The amount of venom contained in one gyspa's abdomen, if emptied all at once, can drop a Kensha beast where it stands, although, unlike miaxi, the gyspa doesn't die after delivering it's venom."

Because from what I can understand the gyspa are meant to be wasp like and after reading the sentences after those ones it can confuse people especially how it says that they will continue to sting and inject venom into their prey until they become small enough for them to swallow.

Now if like in the first wording they are said to die after injecting venom then how can they sting multiple times?

Just something I thought should be looked at is all and I'm just leaving a suggestion on the wording.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:02 am

Mhh but that's because they are using two type of venom. One they use in very rare circumstances, that is very lethal and to them as well.
And the other type, for hunting and that can be used at will :

Quote :
They possess one different type of venom that they can use at will
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 am

okay well...

simply wondering here: can the eh...the banner (haha took me some time to find the word!) could be a lil bit resized to fit the page?

and since it's mainly for karbo and that I'm not sure about the above sentence, I'll just say it in french...

c'est parce que la bannière ne "fit" pas avec la page, elle est trop grande! donc, juste la rapetisser un peu pour pas que ça agrandisse inutilement la page?
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:57 am

I'm not sure if its alright to ask or not...but I noticed lately that people making characters are having links to contact them....shouldn't people who've submitted ideas for creatures locations and other things have a link to contact them as well?

Just a question and suggestion is all because I find it kind of silly for only the people who made characters to have contact links.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

Solomon makes an excellent point. The wiki doesn't exactly make it easy to communicate with idea creators.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 am

After taking a look at the animals and plants of Felarya I've been wondering why there isn't a danger level for races or a danger level for characters in the wiki especially predator characters.

I mean its one thing for a non-predator character to not really have a danger level but why not danger levels for predators so people can have an easy idea for how dangerous they are.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 am

Solomon wrote:
After taking a look at the animals and plants of Felarya I've been wondering why there isn't a danger level for races or a danger level for characters in the wiki especially predator characters.

I mean its one thing for a non-predator character to not really have a danger level but why not danger levels for predators so people can have an easy idea for how dangerous they are.

I like it. Crisis is given as "High" (And I could have sworn that someone else was once given as Very Low, maybe Cypress?) If you wanted to use an existing character for a cameo this could be a useful way of sorting out which ones would be suitable and it gives a bit of flavor in terms of these characters being a force in their environment.

Could maybe use a different infobox description than fauna's, like this:

Character Danger Scale

Minimal: Just doesn't see humans as a food source. (Aya)
Very Low: Rarely eats humans and only with good reason. (Monty)
Low: Only hunts humans in unfavorable conditions or is a reluctant predator. (Anna probably goes here more than Very Low)
Moderate: Tends to see a human as a delicious snack before a person. (Typical opportunistic predators)
Medium: Considers humans a healthy part of their diet. (Apparently a racial trait of golden harpies)
High: Goes out of their way to hunt humans before other available food. (Crisis)
Very High: Has extra incentive to go after humans. (Lily)

And there's your vore alignment. :V

This idea might deserve its own thread rather than taking up space in wiki corrections.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:04 am

Krisexy : I don't know what is wrong with me but, somehow, I didn't noticed it until now o.o
Fixing it now, thanks !

Solomon : that would be the ideal thing, but the problem is that linking every names on every pages will take a lot of work... I did it for the characters because that was really needed since people have to ask permissions if they want to use them in the first place. I may do it for every credits but not immediately..

Fish : Mhh it's an interesting idea ^_^ I would just use a different set of names for the hazard ( rather than the ones used for regular fauna : minimal, medium etc ) since a typical Felarya predator would rank more than just a moderate threat for humans I think.
And indeed that could make a whole new thread Smile

Thank you for the notices people !
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:06 am

Is it just for me, or did the Felarya Wiki left/side panel navigation suddenly bail out? It seems to be present all the way down at the bottom of the page when viewed from Mozilla Firefox 9.0.

It does still appear correctly in Google Chrome 15.0.874.120 m and MIE 9.0.8112.16421 from my testing. Can post pictures if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 pm

ah yes please do o.o
It seems to appears ok here with Chrome as well.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Wiki corrections - Page 11 Wiki1
Wiki corrections - Page 11 Wiki2

Only seems to be doing it in FF9+
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 pm

o.o

ah I see indeed... Is that still happening ?
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:22 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:45 am

leave firefox for chrome then ;P
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 am

aethernavale wrote:
Yes.

Could it be a problem with MediaWiki in general? If this page displays the same problem for you, that's likely to be the case.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 pm

French snack wrote:
aethernavale wrote:
Yes.

Could it be a problem with MediaWiki in general? If this page displays the same problem for you, that's likely to be the case.

I wouldn't have posted it here unless it was something that only affected Felarya. There are other forums to post generalized problems. And in answer to your question, no, it does not appear incorrectly on other mediawiki sites. Just the Felarya wiki. Without going too indepth, I would most likely blame it on a CSS margin error; or however the wiki determines how to place things. I've seen this sort of thing happen before, and that was the problem - one section of the page started 'bleeding over' into the other section forcing one section 'on top of' the other.

Also Krisexy, all web browsers have some benefit or detriment to them. Chrome has its uses and I use it for them, but Firefox also has its uses and Chrome cannot even begin to compete with FF's NS/AB addons. Even MIE, for all its general failings, still has its uses (primarily for certain sites such as government ones that have applications that will only work in MIE). This is also why I test my site against every type of browser I can access/use to ensure that it really does work across as many as possible the way that it should - even mobile browsers - because you never know how people are going to chose to view your material.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:21 pm

In the new Lydus entry
"Fortunately, the Barrier of Reality is night unbreachable"
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next