Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki corrections - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:28 am

oh yeah I do this one quite often ^^;
thanks for the notice
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:17 pm

So about two weeks ago I posted a statement in this same thread regarding currency and missing an exchange rate, but it seems to have gone unnoticed:

Faldong gems are worth 100 SK, and a tiny fragment of ascarlin at 50,000 SK, yet I don't see them in the list of exchange rates, nor can I find the currency page without searching for it in the search bar...
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:22 pm

On the chronology page of the wiki, where it reads, "3501 B.U. - Elven explorers scouting the Great marshes are surprised to find draconic relatives of theirs, the Mist Elves.", the 'Mist Elves' link goes here instead of here.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:22 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Faldong gems are worth 100 SK, and a tiny fragment of ascarlin at 50,000 SK, yet I don't see them in the list of exchange rates, nor can I find the currency page without searching for it in the search bar...

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. The exchange rate for faldong gems and ascarlin, as you describe it, is included already in the "currency rate" section.

And where would you want the currency page to be linked to from?

Nyaha wrote:
On the chronology page of the wiki, where it reads, "3501 B.U. - Elven explorers scouting the Great marshes are surprised to find draconic relatives of theirs, the Mist Elves.", the 'Mist Elves' link goes here instead of here.

Thanks; fixed.

Last edited by French snack on Sat May 12, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Faldong gems", not "folding gems". Damn autocorrect...)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Currency could be under culture and customs, or under Negav maybe.

I'm just saying that so far it looks like this:

Based on universal rates :
* 1 Skevol is worth 12 Platalis
* 1 Skevol is worth 2 Kejdoran shkings
* 2 Skevols are worth 1 Gol
* 5 Skevols are worth 1 Yolem
-100 Skevols are worth 1 Faldong Gem
* 120 Skevols are worth 1 Tetros
* 200 Skevols are worth 1 Rainbow pearl
-50,000 Skevols are worth about a tiny ascarlin fragment

but where I have the dashes you could put in the rates.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:13 am

Followers of Lataran

Lataran is also called "the last one laughing". He is the god of guile, trickery, games, riddle, illusions, thieves, and betrayers. He is represented as a frail, shady, genderless laughing figure, always wearing a grinning mask. He represents guile in its most ruthless form, elevating betrayal to a form of art. His followers are people with a rather interesting outlook on life, their beliefs aligned with believing in Lataran's teachings that any act is justified as long as it's cleverly done. From his teachings they have come to believe that In their vision, if you trick someone, you aren't the one to blame, - the one who has been tricked is. Moreover, by tricking them you taught teached them a valuable lesson for the future. Thus, Lataran followers see themselves as scholars of sort, spreading their "wisdom" through cruel trickery and malignant acts mean deception, "enlightening" their victims in the process. Naturally talented with words, bluffs, and disguises, they are skillful con-artists and rarely what they look like who rarely expose their true nature. Needless to say, they are widely seen as perfect jerks. They believe in theft but mostly for the beauty of the act. If there is an invaluable unvaluable treasure kept by one of the most powerful nobles of Negav, you can bet your last skevol that, at some points, it will be a target for Lataran's followers. Lataran himself is rumored to have build built the temple in the Forest of Whispers as a place for adventurers and other reckless people to take part in deadly games for fabulous rewards and his own great enjoyment.

Entry needed a big grammar check. Noticed it from the link in Q&A.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:45 am

Thanks; fixed.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:34 am

Not sure if this counts as a correction, but shouldn't some of the locations, especially in the Locations page, have more capital letters like Forest of Whispers, or Topazial Sea? I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works for the name of an area.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:06 pm

You're probably right. I moved the "Forest of whispers" page to "Forest of Whispers" yesterday, because that was the name actually used in the article. Most names should indeed probably be capitalised.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:31 am

The Tolmeshal Forest is referred to as a Jungle in the description, I recommend changing to either a forest or a jungle, it cannot be both.
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:33 pm

I've noticed a lot of predator characters on the wiki don't have their predator ranking, one of them being Belletia, is there a reason why some characters don't have any pred rankings?
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:11 am

I would suggest that the lists of Felaryan Flora and Fauna are ordered alphabetically. It may not be that important, but I tend to have a hard time finding a specific plant in the index, when I know part of the name or some characteristic that helps finding it in the index.
The fauna is divided in habitats, but it could well be ordered alphabetically after that division.

Well, just give it a thought. As I said, it's not that important.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 am

Actually listing alphabetically would make it easier to look for specific creatures or plants.

Aside from that, I know I've been credited as Sean Okotami, but since I've changed my username, shouldn't I be credited with my newer username? Also, the idea of the sandstorm, or whichever idea is credited to Louis, Louis is actually me, so it'd be better that it's credited to Shady Knight as to avoid confusion.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Page: Menyssan
Paragraph one
"Her sharp eyes, amazing memory and methodical mind make her able to quickly deduct things that others would miss, and she always seem to be several steps ahead of her opponent in any games of wits."
I'm pretty sure this should be deduce.

Page: Fairy kingdom
Grey Bridge
"A huge bridge linking the kingdom to the northern coast region. It's also called "the bridge of war", having been used a long time ago by a tribe of fairy to invade that northern region, according to a legend. It looks like the petrifed and hollow trunk of a very ancient tree that has been carved with smal embrasures along its side that were probably used to fire arrows or magic missiles at the ennemy from safety."
small and enemy.

Nemyra's Palace
"Indeed, the palace in Felarya is actually just one of the numerous entrances to Nemyra's personnel universe."
Personal.

Page: Plant life2
Nemetarbor
"It is only when the soil starts to loose its fertility that these trees live up to their name, unearthing themselves from the soil and walking about on their roots."
Lose.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Nemyra's personnel universe? That I'd like to see. Where's the recruiting center?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks, EvilGenius; fixed.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:42 pm

On the Tolmeshal Forest page, the link to spine beetles takes you to the top of a fauna page rather than directly to the entry on spine beetles itself. In fact, the entry on them doesn't seem to be even on that page. O.o

Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:32 am

Thanks; fixed. (At some point, actually, lots of other fauna links will have to be fixed.)
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:20 am

In the Mantoid description:
"Their Mantis half is typically green but their colors can vary varies depending on their location, as the species rely a lot on camouflage. Some specimens have been sighted displaying bright and beautiful colors."

It is also said it's the race is under construction, so maybe it's a bit early to make corrections, but meh.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks; fixed. (And thank you for including the direct link.)
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 pm

From the Hell entry.

"Evasions are very rare but not totally unheard of"

Shouldn't that be "Escapes are very rare, but not totally unheard of"?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:04 am

It should indeed. Thanks; fixed.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Mutourks and Malyran Snake-Apes are not linked to in the Malyra Fen subpage.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks; fixed.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am

(Edited out)

Last edited by Nyaha on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next