Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Wiki corrections - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:03 pm

merci! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 am

By the way, because I'm a cynical twat, it might be worth deleting the link to e-akahele's interactive map, because that map is also outdated, and probably a lot of information on it.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:51 am

Shady Knight wrote:
By the way, because I'm a cynical twat, it might be worth deleting the link to e-akahele's interactive map, because that map is also outdated, and probably a lot of information on it.

I'll let Karbo decide on that. It may still be useful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:55 am

What use is a map that's outdated and gives information that could very well contradict newer revisions in relative short order?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 am

Shady Knight wrote:
What use is a map that's outdated and gives information that could very well contradict newer revisions in relative short order?

One should always honor one's past I feel. Nostalgic I am though. Biased my views may be. =P I'm such a pack rat I even horde data as old as sprites and programs from high school on CD! 0.0; Only recently and recently tossed some the other day due to redundancies.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Okay so I'm brushing up on my Felarya Religions and rather enjoying myself as I forgot Lataran was a god in this world, or that they had a cult at all! But then I come across this line:

The Wiki wrote:
He is represented as a frail, shady, genderless laughing figure, always wearing a grinning mask.

One cannot be Genderless AND a he as that means you identify as male and thus are gendered. Somebody please correct that when you can.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 2:55 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Okay so I'm brushing up on my Felarya Religions and rather enjoying myself as I forgot Lataran was a god in this world, or that they had a cult at all! But then I come across this line:

The Wiki wrote:
He is represented as a frail, shady, genderless laughing figure, always wearing a grinning mask.

One cannot be Genderless AND a he as that means you identify as male and thus are gendered. Somebody please correct that when you can.

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 am

jedi-explorer wrote:

The Wiki wrote:

Yes you are right, I badly formulated that. What I wanted to say is he is sometimes represented as a female as well. I corrected it, thank you  ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:11 am

The wording is still awkward in my opinion. I think the word you're looking for is androgynous. "He is represented as a frail, shady, androgynous laughing figure, always wearing a grinning mask."
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 10:27 am

Mhh not totally. What I mean is is usually represented as a male figure but in some circumstances he can be represented as a female figure too. Basically to highlight the fact he is the ultimate deceiver and things like gender and appearance in general doesn't guarantee anything when dealing with him.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 am

If that's the case, then I think his gender should be given more weight rather than just be a passing remark.

"Lataran is represented as a frail, shady laughing figure, always wearing a grinning mask.  Lataran's gender is a hotly contested topic among its followers, with some claiming he is a man, while others are convinced she is in fact a woman.  Some sects, however, believe that Lataran is actually genderless, and can assume either form on a whim.  Regardless, it is a fact that Lataran has been depicted as a man as often as a woman in both reliefs and scriptures."

Keeping the entry mostly gender neutral when talking about Lataran specifically might also help.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 12:08 am

The sentence :
wiki wrote:
although not from her body body being consumed but more by an overload of energy.
atthe fire succubi the word "body" is in double
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Felarya Wiki wrote:

Deméchrelle entered an incredibly violent rage that was felt by every creatures in the whole region

That should be Creatures shouldn't it? Either than that or my be all the creatures
Back to top Go down
http://ashely-virgo.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 4:27 pm

felarya_refugee wrote:
Felarya Wiki wrote:

Deméchrelle entered an incredibly violent rage that was felt by every creatures in the whole region

That should be Creatures shouldn't it? Either than that or my be all the creatures

It would help to know where this article is. Deme's bio??
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
felarya_refugee wrote:
Felarya Wiki wrote:

It's under the "Five Eyes" article.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:56 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
The sentence :
wiki wrote:
although not from her body body being consumed but more by an overload of energy.
atthe fire succubi the word "body" is in double

Fixed, along with other typos on that page. Thanks.

felarya_refugee wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:
felarya_refugee wrote:
Felarya Wiki wrote:

It's under the "Five Eyes" article.

There is no "Five Eyes" article.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 10:49 am

I beg to differ.

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legends#Five_Eyes.2C_the_Devourer

The link is found in Deméchrelle's bio but you can also find it here in the legends page.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 am

felarya_refugee wrote:
I beg to differ.

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legends#Five_Eyes.2C_the_Devourer

The link is found in Deméchrelle's bio but you can also find it here in the legends page.

As I said: There is no article called "Five Eyes". That is a segment of the "Legends" page. It cannot be found through the "search" function. Which is why it's helpful to provide a link.

I've now created a redirection page so that typing "Five Eyes" into the search bar will take the reader directly there. And I've fixed the grammatical error, changing it to "every creature". Thanks.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Misty glade Mikadis Temple section the Mirror maw's link doesn't work properly it redirect you to the fauna page but not on the Mirror Maw's entry.
Edit: by looking the link of the Mirror Maw redirect to fauna2 instead of fauna6 it's an old link when all the entries were on fauna2 before they were moved to fauna6

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding details about the link)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 am

Indeed; fixed.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Dumancal's Entry is a bit unclear.

It says legends and myths has spread, then says it was only discovered about fifty years ago.

The idea was that Negav discovered it recently, but since its so far out of the way, the local predators and inhabitants would have known about it for a while (as Negav isn't the only place in Felarya with people, after all :p )
Back to top Go down
opt4bootay
Helpless prey
opt4bootay

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 pm

The link to Majuras Elves just leads to the broad species description of all elves. Was this mistake intentional?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Interesting. For me it lead to a small description of Majuras elves.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 2:16 pm

opt4bootay wrote:
The link to Majuras Elves just leads to the broad species description of all elves. Was this mistake intentional?

Was this OUR wiki or that stupid fandom thing? Cause I'm sure they're mismanaging things worse than we do with our slow-but-usually-well-done-updates** Which is hilarious when you think about the fact we have two people on editing and they have potentially the whole of the internet who registers.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 1:44 am

opt4bootay wrote:

The link from what page? So that I can check it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21