Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Share | 

Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:36 pm

I miss the days when I had the means to consult the Felaryan community on the fly, and just being able to shoot the shit with them. Ventrilo was my means of doing that, but over the past coupla' months, almost everyone who used to go there regularly has completely abandoned it. Some clung to the idea that "Oh, we're just going through a slow patch 'cause everyone's busy lately", but that's can't be all there is to it. Someone told me that AJ found some new chatroom and all my ol' pals just moved over there, but it's not a place to talk about Felarya related stuff.

Still, I know I'm being a whiner, but I feel like something great has been lost. I'm not trying to make it sound like you guys are obliged to wait on me, and I'm not pleading for you to come rushing back to Vent, I just MISS you guys. Silver Scales and Cats n' Dogs would never have turned out nearly as well as they did had AJ not pestered me to join Ventrilo, and bless him for doing that. I had such a great connection with those members of the community, and they helped breathe life into my stories by making me feel more closely tied to the world of Felarya itself, for immersing me in it just... just by being there. Now, there's hardly anyone to talk to, these last few days especially. I feel so detached from the setting and the community, nowadays.

>sigh< ...the good old days...

TLDR- I feel left out and frankly, it pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 pm

I left because I felt like vent was conflicting with how things were being run here on the forum. Other than that, I usually found it distracting along with all the other stuff I do anyway. Unfortunately, vent is where a lot of negative moments in felarya's history came from, and I have no desire to return as of this moment. That may change though.

I cannot speak for everyone else, but I do not intend to just leave you hanging, if you want to chat, I'm still open to adding people on messenger. Often I enjoy it when about 5 of us come together there, and I have a lot of people on messenger who are felaryans who just dont have the time to get involved anymore (see: Natsume, Tuc135, mangamastermind, daimoknight, Mickilla, ExpiredPopsicle).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Well, I haven't been able to get messenger to work for ages, so that's not an option... but thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Well, if you want to, try the chatbox. There's usually someone there.

Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:42 pm

What, you mean the chatbox in ventrilo? No one's there. Do you mean a chatbox somewhere on this site?
Back to top Go down
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:53 pm

...yes. The chatbox on the forum. It's on the main page, Nick.

Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Well, I tried using it... but it won't let me connect.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:19 pm

The majority of the people in ventrillo were people who ended up leaving the Felarya community (AJ, Zion, JT, Tango, Mr.N and others). In order to leave it completely, they all moved to an invite-only mumble server where they hang out. Only people who can get a unanimous vote (people they all like) are allowed in. A few people, like Nekko, Kiki and... I think I saw Buddah, were just kind of left behind and never got let in the new clubhouse.

Of course I'm a couple months out of the loop at this point, so this info could be a little out of date.

Last edited by rcs619 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rcs619.deviantart.com/
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I left because I felt like vent was conflicting with how things were being run here on the forum. Other than that, I usually found it distracting along with all the other stuff I do anyway. Unfortunately, vent is where a lot of negative moments in felarya's history came from, and I have no desire to return as of this moment. That may change though. .

ok this is pretty insulting...I still find it unbeleviable that people complain about free things, thats like the lowest of the low. Its $100 a year to keep the vent running out of my own pocket for the Felarya community. It was very open to pretty much everyone and could be used for pretty much anything. In no way shape or form did it conflict with the forum.

You seriously have the nerve to blame the ventrilo for the negative things that happen in Felarya's history? Thats a very big accusation considering you activity on the vent is near to none. There were around 7 admins on the ventrilo moderating it at different times of the day, it was not some kind of conspirancy.. that is crazy. But again its a FREE service so people have to complain about it. *rolls eyes*

and to Nick, a lot of people that used the Ventrilo are not on there becuase they are no longer part of Felarya. I havent used it becuase im depressed about it and I might not stay that much longer either. I havent decided what to do wiht the Vent at this time if you have any suggestions I will gladly listen to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Claire wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
I left because I felt like vent was conflicting with how things were being run here on the forum. Other than that, I usually found it distracting along with all the other stuff I do anyway. Unfortunately, vent is where a lot of negative moments in felarya's history came from, and I have no desire to return as of this moment. That may change though. .

ok this is pretty insulting...I still find it unbeleviable that people complain about free things, thats like the lowest of the low. Its $100 a year to keep the vent running out of my own pocket for the Felarya community. It was very open to pretty much everyone and could be used for pretty much anything. In no way shape or form did it conflict with the forum.

You seriously have the nerve to blame the ventrilo for the negative things that happen in Felarya's history? Thats a very big accusation considering you activity on the vent is near to none. There were around 7 admins on the ventrilo moderating it at different times of the day, it was not some kind of conspirancy.. that is crazy. But again its a FREE service so people have to complain about it. *rolls eyes*

Yeah, Chuck pretty much hit the nail on the head here. Can't really do much besides echo the sentiment. The vent, in my opinion, was nearly always a force for good. I had several years of fun on there and met people I've known for years now. You tell 'em Chuck.

Quote :
and to Nick, a lot of people that used the Ventrilo are not on there becuase they are no longer part of Felarya. I havent used it becuase im depressed about it and I might not stay that much longer either. I havent decided what to do wiht the Vent at this time if you have any suggestions I will gladly listen to them.

Ended up uninstalling it myself, sadly. No offense to Nekko, and Kiki and the rest... but I just wasn't that close to them, and with the old gang gone, there wasn't much reason for me to stay. At least I can still keep up with AJ and Zion on MSN. They're probably the two I was closest to on the vent. Still a shame to see it become what it has. Fun while it lasted though : )
Back to top Go down
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Well, FUCK!!!

I sent AJ a note through DA a few days ago, but he hasn't replied. I guess I didn't make it in. I mean, he, Tango and Mr. N seem to be cool with me, but I've heard that JT dislikes me nowadays (for whatever reason, I don't know) and I don't know how Zion feels... Well, whatever.

Really, the Felarya community feels a little more empty now without those guys.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Quote :
Really, the Felarya community feels a little more empty now without those guys.

Pretty much this.
Back to top Go down
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Well now I see a new problem. If these guys are all just leaving the community, and no one is rising up to take their place, to fill in their shoes... What, does this foreshadow the impending dying off of the entire community?????
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:46 pm

I don't think so. In the end, it was only really... 6, or so people? Zion, JT and a couple others had already (quite vocally) ceased participation in the community beforehand.

However, I think it does amount to a drop off in the creation of new, quality ideas, like the ones AJ and JT regularly put out, and an overall loss of interesting community discussion. I really don't believe it is going to kill the community, (the forum could shut down and the community could, in theory, continue on life-support solely on DA, i think) but I do believe it was a fairly decent blow, especially for the forum side of the community. Not only due to the loss of consistently good idea-makers and writers... but also symbolically too, as a great many were older, veteran community members.
Back to top Go down
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:00 pm

I just... Given how attached I am to this setting, I don't understand... I can't comprehend HOW they could compel themselves to ditch this whole show. I wbn't "It's 'cause they had lives" for an answer. That's just asinine. This really.... bites out a big chunk of my motivation and energy, now. The magic of the heyday of Silver Scales is gone.... This is a radically different place, now.
Back to top Go down

Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya ::  :: -