Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 am

If I may add something and I'm sure this is going to cause people to rile up, but saying how bad it is that those people have left is just not gonna work out. Honestly, these guys are just that, people. If they want to leave, it's their choice. We don't have any right to force them to stay, like it's a contractual obligation. Is it a bummer? Yes. Is it the end of the community? Far from it. People come and go all the time, it's just another aspect of life on the Internet. It perplexes me how some keep saying "don't go!", when in actuality, they lack truly valid reasons as to why they should stay in a place where they're free to come and go anytime they want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 am

Ilceren- Ask Claire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:55 am

In my opinion, we never really needed ventrilo. When it came, it was like "okay, a new platform to talk, neat!"

but now that its gone, people will just find something else. I never really liked ventrilo nor i despised it. But to claire: paying 100 bucks for that is a lil too much i think, even if you had the best intentions in the world. I mean, dont throw 100 bucks to felarya... the only thing worth money about felarya are karbo's manga, thats kinda it. the rest should not involve money. only creation.

and give people the time to be grounded in the place. it was easy for those who left now to become really active in the setting, because they kinda brought it to another level. now, newbies have to reach that said level to bring the setting to another one, much higher.

I'm still around. i write a few lines from time to time, and im about to finish another story.

there is also the fact that karbo (correct me if im wrong) is less accepting new ideas. what matters now is to bring those ideas much deeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
AzureJass
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:34 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
In my opinion, we never really needed ventrilo. When it came, it was like "okay, a new platform to talk, neat!"

but now that its gone, people will just find something else. I never really liked ventrilo nor i despised it. But to claire: paying 100 bucks for that is a lil too much i think, even if you had the best intentions in the world. I mean, dont throw 100 bucks to felarya... the only thing worth money about felarya are karbo's manga, thats kinda it. the rest should not involve money. only creation.

and give people the time to be grounded in the place. it was easy for those who left now to become really active in the setting, because they kinda brought it to another level. now, newbies have to reach that said level to bring the setting to another one, much higher.

I'm still around. i write a few lines from time to time, and im about to finish another story.

there is also the fact that karbo (correct me if im wrong) is less accepting new ideas. what matters now is to bring those ideas much deeper.

I highly doubt that because there are still a lot of things to expand upon and things with enough room to put ideas in. we just need more fleshed, original and deep ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:58 am

Azure Jass and Krisexy: You're both right. Karbo's less accepting of ideas, this is true, but there's still so much land around felarya to expand on. It needs to be made more coherent though I think. That aside...

I never saw the vent as something good or bad. I just stopped coming because some of the events that were taking place between people, and what they were doing was starting to make me frustrated. The atmosphere on vent was only nice once in a while for me, so I just left. I have many other places to go and chat with people, I never really needed vent. Though, I didn't have a working computer when a vent channel was first made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:57 am

Im still around in the compacity i have always have been, which is barely around and posting shit whenever i feel like it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????   

Back to top Go down

Ventrilo empty... WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2