HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Regarding Non-Stories in the Story Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Regarding Non-Stories in the Story Forum   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Rather than post something in the story forum when I shouldn't, I figured I'd come here first and see if I can get some guidance.

I don't know if I'm ready to write any stories set in Felarya yet, certainly not ones that fit nicely with the current canon, but I do have ideas for stories. Would I discuss them in the story forum, my idea topic, or somewhere else? Should I even discuss them at all?

I was thinking of putting down a few basic facts from the proposed story as well as my 'aim' or message I wish to convey through that story. Of course, this might be frowned upon as posting incomplete thoughts or spoiling things.

Any guidance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Non-Stories in the Story Forum   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 pm

The best way to start is to read other people's story, like mine, and get a feel for the setting out of it. Once you feel confident, you can throw you hat in the ring. As for the Story Forum, unfortunately, it's not used as much as dA, and it's mostly because dA make finding, reading and commenting on stories more convenient, not that you could tell for the latter as few people ever comment nowadays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Non-Stories in the Story Forum   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 pm

What Shady says is a good way to get some confidence. Read what others have written so you can get a good grasp of the setting. And even though it's true the Story Forum isn't that much used, and in some cases it's a repost of whatever is posted in dA, you can begin there.

And even though it is a WIP that hasn't been updated for long, this thread could help you for checking others' stories:

Links to all existing Felarya stories (under construction)

Still, if you have some ideas and you are unsure if they are right for Felarya, if you feel so, you can share them for some guidance. Best to do is give some basic ideas, trying to avoid spoilers as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Non-Stories in the Story Forum   

Back to top Go down

Regarding Non-Stories in the Story Forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1