Share | 

A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:53 am

I was reveiwing my OC Silk the giant neko when I got the urge to go borwse the wiki and see one of the more famous giant nekos of Felarya. Only I realized there are none. Not one. They are all smaller nekos. Somehow I find this kinda weird and just not right. scratch Anybody else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 am

Well, you do have the giant neko from Hard Choices, Karbo's manga spin off. She may not be in the wiki, but we have quite a few images of her.

Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:26 am

I still don't know if Hard Choices is canon... Anyway, I don't know where, but the discussion about giant nekos originated some time ago and I'm not sure of the outcome. But I'm guessing that giant nekos aren't that common.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paridas.carlosbg.es
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:21 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
I was reveiwing my OC Silk the giant neko when I got the urge to go borwse the wiki and see one of the more famous giant nekos of Felarya. Only I realized there are none. Not one. They are all smaller nekos. Somehow I find this kinda weird and just not right. scratch Anybody else?

There are no giant nekos. In Felarya. Nekos, like humans, inu and a couple other species only naturally come in one size.

Like giants and giantesses (giant humans), any giant neko would either be an offworlder, from a place where he/she were already giant, or a normal-sized neko that got turned giant through some incredibly weird and incredibly rare dimensional anomaly.

Not every species has a giant and tiny version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rcs619.deviantart.com/
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:40 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:

There was one Neko I saw on DA that was a chocolate skinned one and she is the only one of her kind of Neko.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bioshockreborn.proboards.com
jedi-explorer
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Ilceren wrote:
Well, you do have the giant neko from Hard Choices, Karbo's manga spin off. She may not be in the wiki, but we have quite a few images of her.

Oh yeah Kayln. I suppose she may get a wiki spot soon enough. She's very photogenic and I think Karbo has every one of his Characters in the Wiki. Thought that's just fair. After all it's his world.

Quote :
There are no giant nekos. In Felarya. Nekos, like humans, inu and a couple other species only naturally come in one size.

Like giants and giantesses (giant humans), any giant neko would either be an offworlder, from a place where he/she were already giant, or a normal-sized neko that got turned giant through some incredibly weird and incredibly rare dimensional anomaly.
|

What? I thought I had seen a entry for giant nekos- Ack. Okay yeah you're right. ^^; Well this explains allot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:14 pm

rcs619 wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

There are small Neko's yes but I have seen several Giant Neko's though granted they were all female they were giants and Neko's nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:03 am

Venom Agato wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

There are small Neko's yes but I have seen several Giant Neko's though granted they were all female they were giants and Neko's nevertheless.

Oh, there's a few around here and there over on DA. But as far as the canon goes, they don't occur naturally on Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:40 am

And a good thing they don't too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 am

rcs619 wrote:
Oh, there's a few around here and there over on DA. But as far as the canon goes, they don't occur naturally on Felarya.

I have to admit though Cliff, I am unsure if Giant Nekos are non-canon or not these days. I guess it's up to Karbo to clarify that.

My friend jason, reading something totally inelligable = "You can make sense out of this? do tell! I've been staring at it for the last 20 minutes trying to find some modicum of an english word among the mountains of what basically amounts to this guy eating his keyboard!"

Internet Rage In Progress!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:48 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

I have to admit though Cliff, I am unsure if Giant Nekos are non-canon or not these days. I guess it's up to Karbo to clarify that.

Indeed. I'm just going by what was kind of settled on the last time this came up. Back when Hard Choices first came out, I think.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 am

If you ask me, I'd rather that giant nekos be a rarity and not something widely recorded, because I've learned something when messing with world building. When you try to define stuff and make everything equal, in my case it was an evolution of elves for every type of terrains, but in this case it would be tiny and giant versions of existing creatures, it loses a certain feel of mysticism because everything is uniform.

In the case of Caitlyn, I can't quite remember how her name is spelled, cases of giantism among nekos is unheard of, so encountering something that's as fast and agile as one, and is a hundred times your size would be absolutely unexpected and terrifying. But if giant nekos were somewhat widespread like elves, then it loses its awe because it's something you expect and is very clearly defined. Even then, giant elves mostly form isolated tribes and are found in more specific locations, which make encountering one outside said territories unexpected, as it would either be a unique specimen or from an unknown tribe.

There are some cases where uniformity is a good thing, although in the case of Felarya, all I can think of are the elemental fairies. Since they are the product of a fairy and elemental, it's very possible that there'd be a Fire Sprite, Wind Sprite and Earth Sprite among those we already know of. There would be some limits, like Magma Sprites would be iffy considering where you find lava elementals, but that's not the point of my rambling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Grave

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 am

I'm still waiting for Crisis to run into her and confusingly wonder why she doesn't fit in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:00 am

Grave wrote:
I'm still waiting for Crisis to run into her and confusingly wonder why she doesn't fit in her mouth.

... I facedesked ... in a good way, pffff xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:16 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:

Feadraug wrote:
I still don't know if Hard Choices is canon... Anyway, I don't know where, but the discussion about giant nekos originated some time ago and I'm not sure of the outcome. But I'm guessing that giant nekos aren't that common.

Hard choices is cannon becuase the characters from the series are in the Wiki.

The giant neko your looking for is named Caylin, we dont know if she is a race in Felarya or from a other world becuase her bio has not been posted yet so we have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am

I agree with Shady Knight. Uniformity is one way to kill the mystery in Felarya. A little chaos is always welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Pendragon wrote:
I agree with Shady Knight. Uniformity is one way to kill the mystery in Felarya. A little chaos is always welcome.

Lol there's alway's chaos, even if a little, in Felarya. Whether it be funny or a serious chaos.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Shady Knight wrote:
If you ask me, I'd rather that giant nekos be a rarity and not something widely recorded, because I've learned something when messing with world building. When you try to define stuff and make everything equal, in my case it was an evolution of elves for every type of terrains, but in this case it would be tiny and giant versions of existing creatures, it loses a certain feel of mysticism because everything is uniform.

In the case of Caitlyn, I can't quite remember how her name is spelled, cases of giantism among nekos is unheard of, so encountering something that's as fast and agile as one, and is a hundred times your size would be absolutely unexpected and terrifying. But if giant nekos were somewhat widespread like elves, then it loses its awe because it's something you expect and is very clearly defined. Even then, giant elves mostly form isolated tribes and are found in more specific locations, which make encountering one outside said territories unexpected, as it would either be a unique specimen or from an unknown tribe.

I see what you're saying there. By not classifying giant nekos as a official race in the wiki you have no idea where they might pop up and it makes encouters with them more dangerous and intense all the more for it. It makes them like Ninjas. Interesting...Also interesting to note we don't have a Ninja smilley on this site for me to punctuate my sentences with.

Quote :

Heh heh. Wait...I think you may secretly uncovered the REAL reason there are no giant nekos in Felarya! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:55 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Shady Knight wrote:

I see what you're saying there. By not classifying giant nekos as a official race in the wiki you have no idea where they might pop up and it makes encouters with them more dangerous and intense all the more for it. It makes them like Ninjas. Interesting...Also interesting to note we don't have a Ninja smilley on this site for me to punctuate my sentences with.

Quote :

Heh heh. Wait...I think you may secretly uncovered the REAL reason there are no giant nekos in Felarya! Shocked

Guess that's a new smiley to be added then. XD Still though just because they're not on the Wiki, yet in my opinion, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm

I will probably repeat what has been said before, but yeah , the wiki basically stats what should be "natural" to find in Felarya.
For the rest, it sure can exist in Felarya too, but only by external/unnatural ways (offwolders or weird dimensional-magic stuff happening Shocked )
-
Giant Nekos "can" exist in Felarya (just as almost ... everything to be fair) but it's not "natural".
Caitlyn is sure one of those few "unnatural" cases (even though we still would need a precise bio to know the real circunstances.) and should not be considered like as a common race.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:37 am

Vaderaz wrote:
I will probably repeat what has been said before, but yeah , the wiki basically stats what should be "natural" to find in Felarya.
For the rest, it sure can exist in Felarya too, but only by external/unnatural ways (offwolders or weird dimensional-magic stuff happening Shocked )
-
Giant Nekos "can" exist in Felarya (just as almost ... everything to be fair) but it's not "natural".
Caitlyn is sure one of those few "unnatural" cases (even though we still would need a precise bio to know the real circunstances.) and should not be considered like as a common race.

So that makes them a rarity then. At least until someone finally takes initative and posts them in it.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:09 am

Well, it's not really a question about initiative to "post them in", it's just that they are not meant to be canon as a race, because there are not and won't be enough individuals for it. P:
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:59 am

Vaderaz wrote:
Well, it's not really a question about initiative to "post them in", it's just that they are not meant to be canon as a race, because there are not and won't be enough individuals for it. P:

Then the human sized Neko's will be the only one's of their type in it then won't they?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 am

Well there's a couple species of nekos, but Giant Nekos as a species won't exist. At least not formally - if you want to make a Giant Neko character its not like this is inhibiting your ability to do so and you'll still have the off-chance of your character being canonized just like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 am

I'm telling you though I saw several Giant Neko females in artwork on DA, they should exist as a species I mean hell you got little Naga's and Giant Naga's and Giants and Giantess' which are basically big versions of humans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki   

Back to top Go down

A little something funny I noticed about Nekos in the wiki
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next