Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Grande Adventure

Go down 
+3
parameciumkid
Darth_Nergal
jedi-explorer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Richard smilled. "'Saen Kel the Fith of Edithal' What a noble name! It simply rings with heroic nature and pride! Though you seem shockingly naive about the world you are in. This is Felarya a "deathworld", a place of nightmares and horrors beyond your wildest beliefs more shocking and numerous than your mind can even think to glimpse. We are on a quest to one of the most dangerous parts of this world. Far away in the north to the Evernight Forest. There we will vanquish the vmapiress The Contessa and save my sister's life! ...If we don't get eaten first." Finished Richard standing up to his full height and strapping his tool belt back on along with his pouch and then slinging his bow on his shoulder. Now we'd best be back on the move if we are to make it to the port town before dark and not perish horribly. Come Dargo." With that Richard began to stride off towards Nekomura. Dargo suddenly realized his master was leaving, having stopped to groom himself and gotten distracted, and followed after him with thunderous foot falls.

Corveta Came to stand next to Saen. He was the only one she knew...Well at least he was the only one she thought she could come to trust. "So are you going to go with them- I mean us?" She hopped he would. If only for the chance to get to know him better and perhaps gain a useful ally in case anyone here tried to sabotage the group's efforts like that treacherous bimbo commando had her own people. Though she'd never have revenge if she didn't have money.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 am

Saen Kel will not shirk from the terrifying description of the world he seemed happy if not over joyed. "Sounds like a worthy cause to me." Saen says to Corvetta in a vague answer. "Yes if they don't mind me coming along, if not to keep you safe my lady. I put your life in danger by asking you to surrender I can't take the chance that bandit comes back for vengeance against you." He explained genuinely concerned for Corvetta.
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Zee shrugged at Richard's remark and stood up. "Looks like you're a little short-sighted then, dunnit?" He wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead, giving Richard a grin.

He waited patiently for the group to press on, though his shadow now had a mind of it's own. It sneaked around the only way a shadow could, trying to attract the attention of the others' animated shadows. It gave up as the group moved out, but did not return to it's owner, only sticking close.

Zee glared at it, his shadow sticking its' hands up, shrugging in return and continued on it's merry way.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Richard stopped to see if his companions were following. It woudln't do to leave them behind. "Ho, comarades, what's keeping you?" Said Richard trying not to sound impatient. Though if the ship left the docks without them he'd have a hard time charting another to take them across the Shard River. "Dargo, go see what's keeping them." Dargo grumbled but reluctantly obeyed trotting back to see if the others were okay.

Corveta watched Zee's shadow moving on it's own and looked curious. "How does it do that? Is it a form of illusion magic or is it some sort of manifestation of your powers?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:19 pm

"Hey guys," announced Persephone as she returned to the group, "I found this chest in the wagon. It appears to be labeled such that it shouldn't be opened, but of course that could just mean they had something valuable in here..."
She presented it to them, holding the small chest out in front of her with both hands.
"Do you think we should look inside?"
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Saen follows the Corveta remaining silent and simply observing. He found the shadow curious as well but no point in him asking too. When Persephone showed the others the box he still opted out of answering. He hadn't been apart of the group hardly at all she out ranked him so he felt it was up to her.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:41 am

Gildor frowned at Persephone's question and at the chest. "It has been my experience that you shouldn't open things that say "Do not open". At the very least we should open it when we reach some place safe...well, safer then here. I think we should bring it with us."
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Dargo finally found them. They weren't that far from Richard. Just a dozen strides from the party. He trotted along side them all noticing the strange box with it's big bold letters saying "Warning. He or she who opens this box shall inherit the curse of...somthing..." Darog couldn't Eh curses weren't real so there wasn't thing so the chest was pefectly safe. Yep. Since he was bored Daro decided to sniff Persephone's leg. She had a peculiar aroma that almost made him dizy. Richard had that same scent only a little stronger! 'Curiouser and curiouser.' Thought Dargo. 'Perhaps she's traveled using Lightburst travel vioa Wormhole Jumper too.'

Richard didn't slow down for his party. He walked on at a brisk pace, but one that didn't leave them behind. He knew he'd have to be careful. They were leaving the protection of the Isolon Eye and entering the somewhat less realiable protection of the neko's miniture version of the eye. "Keep your heads on a swivel we're close to the point where predators and even fauna and flora are becoming dangerous...Not to mention our route takes us on the outskirts of the grove of carnivorous plants." Said Richard looking about both underfoot and above his head.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:36 pm

"Alright, let's do this!" Persephone slipped the chest into her backpack, which fortunately still had a bit of room to spare, and trotted off behind Richard. While the quest had technically started earlier that day, the early interruption made it seem like it hadn't really been underway just yet. But with any luck at all it was going to start for real now, and the prospect excited her. The clear, sunny weather only helped the mood.
She looked into the distance ahead of them, but due to the trees obscuring the horizon the neko village wasn't visible just yet. A few small silhouettes gyrated somewhere far off in the sky, but it was hard to tell their size and whether they could pose a threat. If they were indeed within the protection of either one of the Eyes, though, there was probably no reason to worry. There'd be plenty to worry about when they got to the Evernight Forest.
"So how far is it to the neko village, anyway?" she asked Richard, trying more to start a conversation than to sate her curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:04 am

Taihaku had been walking silently alongside Richard all along. She had wanted to press onward, too; she was not one of those 'it's not the destination, it's the journey' types. As they entered the more dangerous area, she pulled her hood down, freeing up the peripherals of her vision and allowing her ears to hear sounds unmuffled. As a snow leopard neko, her hearing was not as good as that of other nekos', but she made up for that with incredibly sharp eyesight. Without a word, she kept her senses alert for anything that might assail them.

She wasn't greatly concerned for the rest of the group; though it would hurt if their numbers decreased so dramatically right off the bat, as long as the mission was carried out, which she was confident she could probably do with just her and Richard, that was all that mattered. They didn't need anyone who wasn't fully committed anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Richard noted that Persephone had returned to his side. Which was good. She was his favorite so far out of all his companions and not just because she had an attractive body, but something else. Something about her was very intoxicating. "I estimate the aproximate distance is a little under a mile now. By then we'll be in the city's eye and hopefully be protected. We'll stop to refuel our water and have brisk meal before pressing on to the port town. With any luck he won't have left us if we're not too late." Said Richard knowing full well Captian Morgan would leave them all and keep Richard's 10,000 Skevols for his troubles. Then he'd be stuck having to barter another ship, likely not a battle ship with tons of weapons and cloaking device. 'As long as the predators and flora behave we'll be alright. After all I haven't even had one decent encounter yet! A bandit. Far too easily delt with.' Thought Richard allowing himself to relax a little.

After a nearly a mile finally Nekomura was coming into view and fortunetly the village had finaly came into view just a two hundred blissful feet away.

Dargo wasn't doing anything of the such. He was looking every way at once or trying to and using his ears to listen underground. You never knew when you might find some...thing... Wait he heard something....It sounded vaguely insect like. Perhaps...Spine Beetles? No that wasn't possible. There were no caves in this area. Then he heard it again this time moving towards...Corveta! He needed to warn the others! As he was proceeding to do just that he saw large ripple apear under the mage woman as if the ground had turned into soft rippling earth-like water. "Bark!!" Shouted Dargo knowing it was too late.

Corveta was still waiting for Zee's reply when suddenly the ground under her began to shake. "Oh I have a terrible feeling about this." She said conjuring the words in her mind to use time magic. It, ironically required precious seconds to do this so she had to concentrate on it...And then she felt her leg get snagged by a huge pincer! "EEAGH! My leg!!" Cried Corveta trying to pry it loose to no avail. "Saen, help!"

The jaws were half as long as Corveta's legs and very thick though the edge wasn't bladed by rather padded with some soft material that was holding on to her with pressure alone. They weren't very wide though no more of body was visible to identify it was likely underground still as part of defense tactic. After a moment onto Coverta's leg it began to drag her down very slowly. Causing her to scream more and try to pull it's jaws loose.

(Note: I made this creature while looking at the underground Fauna and finding it somewhat lacking in foes. May write a bio on it later if it doesn't get blasted to bits too easily by all you capable adventurers.)

Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Saen wrapped his left arm around Corveta's waist and tried to brace his legs on the more solid part of the earth to try and at least slow down her descent. With his free hand he grabbed one of his arrows and tried to stab the creature. His metal arrows were very sharp but weren't meant for use as daggers so the lack of good grip would make it more difficult to pierce than if he shot it out by his bow. "I've got you my lady no worries!" he said try to comfort her.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 pm

OOC: I'm kinda sleepy atm so I'll post tomorrow, but in the meantime: I'm flattered on Persephone's behalf at the whole 'favorite' thing, but I hope you're aware of the impression of favoritism this might give. So far I think it's a non-issue (and the people 'round here are pretty easygoing as far as I've seen), but I'd keep it clear that it's just Richard's opinion and not yours (at least not publicly).
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 am

Zee hadn't replied yet because he and his shadow were confering the reason.

"Right Corveta, you ready?" He moved towards her calmly and reassuringly, paying no attention to her situation she was in, so she would calm herself. "This is a really, really rough idea, but it's still a lot to explain: basically to use me magic I have to put magic into my shadow. Sounds easy, but in a sense no magic goes into the shadow, more into a 'door' of sorts between our 3D dimension and a 2D dimension, and me and my shadow stickin' a metaphorical arm into each others' world. This 2D world is uncomprehendable to a poor sap like you, because it's so primitive, while I fair much better.

"Because a shadow lacks a dimension, it's able to do things in our world that by yourself you wouldn't be able to do it. But because it lacks that dimension, it's weak and needs my help to perform those things in our dimension, which I do through magic. I can tell it what to do because I'm a whole dimension superior, like you are with your shadow. That's why your shadow does whatever you do.

"My magic is named ghost magic because apparently a ghost is a beings' shadow and their soul merged together; well that was the reason my shadow gave me, and it's pretty good at ghost stuff. It also gave me a permanent perspective on the way it sees the world; that is life force and feelings."

He smiled as he finished, kneeling down to his shadow. "How about you help this hot mage? No, her shadow won't kiss you because it's not like you. Just look at what we're dealing with, could ya?" His shadow nodded and disappeared into the ground to take a look at the insect. Zee looked back up at Corveta, "a shadows personality is a mostly like your own, but with some small differences," he smiled, "they tend to be a bit childish, like my blighter."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Taihaku thought that Zee guy talked to much as she whipped around, pulled her arms to her waist with her palms and fingers pointed upward. One of the rings on her tail glowed as she summoned a magic circle behind her. It quickly disappeared, leaving in its place eight shards of ice floating in a circle position behind her. Taihaku thrust her right arm forward, firing one of the sharp shards at the pincer opposite the one Saen was attacking. It was meant to pierce; Taihaku just hoped it would. Any magical defence this apparent insect might have had could have rendered her magic quite useless against it, and that went for the Gunner Shard spell she was using, too.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Guildor reacted instantly when the pincers burst out of the ground. Drawing his morningstar and holding it in both hands, the Elf rushed for Corveta. He aimed a blow at the pincers with the weapon, using it as a mace and putting all of his considerable strength behind the blow. Unlike the others, he didn't have to worry if his morningstar pierced the pincers.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 pm

(XD It is just Richard's opinion. Though I do have to admit I do like her very much.)

The arrow Saen used to stab at the pincer glanced off it harmlessly. The thickness of the pincer causing the point to bounce off or leave a minor chip at best. Taihaku's attack had a little better of an effect the blades of her "Gunner Shards" shattered on impact with the hard part of the jaw causing Corveta to have to jerk away from the razor sharp points, but one embedding itself in the "padding" cuasing the jaw to open momentarily and release Corveta who finaly ccould concentrate now that she wasn't panicking or in pain from the pincer and grab onto Saen pointing her staff at the creature. "Oww...Okay buster! That does it. She pointed her staff at Taihaku. "Hastena Arivi Nekos!" She said in a slightly deeper voice a golden aura appearing around Taihaku's body. While in this aura she saw everyone as moving slow, when in actuality even her slightist tail twitch was moving so fast the others couldn't see it! A spell of haste.

Zee's shadow saw that the creature was a little like a limbless centipede with segmented plates running around it's body in form of jointed armor with no eyes visable and one part that looked vaguely like a armored mouth the only soft point on the thing.

Richard, having somewhat recovered from his injury decided to teach this interloper a lesson. "Stupid creature. I've had enough with delays and interruptions." He said leveling his cross bow and preparing to unload on the creature. Unbeknownst to him the ground under him began to shimmer and a pincer began to emerge behind him. Fortunetly Dargo was paying attention and let out a loud bark giving Richard time to turn around. "There's more than one! Be on guard!" The pincer came down tried to grip him, but Richard whirled his cloak before him and the blow glanced off as if it were made of steel. The symbols on it dimming and flicking though giving Rich time to slide away from the pincer as it began to sink under.

Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Saen picks up Corveta in his arms to prevent her from being trapped again. As far as he could tell these things were only burrowed in the ground so the roots of a tree should be safer. He sprinted to the nearest tree stepping lightly not leaving hardly anytime for any creature to grab his legs. Once at a tree he will place her on the roots. "m'lady you should probably climb out of thier range lest they reach up to grab you again." Saen stands on the roots as well having his bow out and arrow drawn ready to fire at any of the creatures that dare crawl out of their holes.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Gildor followed Sean to the roots of the trees. However, instead of pulling out his bow, the ranger kept his morningstar drawn. He watched and waited for another pair of pincers to burst from the ground so he could smash them.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 am

Taihaku, with seven of her shards left, suddenly saw everything slow down before her. She had been paying attention, though, and knew exactly what had happened. Using her slow-mo vision, she looked around. As the second insectoid beast thing launched its' attack at Richard, she could see the earth rippling and becoming liquid.

Taihaku, in the thinking that ice can freeze most liquid solid, threw her arms forward at the ripples in the ground where the second pair of pincers were sticking out. These shards, instead of slicing, were meant to freeze a small portion of the target on contact, and she fired off five of them at the ground around the pincers. Because of Corveta's spell, they fired off like a machine gun.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Corveta did as Saen said and began to climb up and tree. "Okay, but do be careful. This creature seems pretty tough! I'm surprised a local militia hasn't shown up yet." She said sitting on one of the tallest limbs and surveying the battle. It seemed her spell was working well enough. 'Bout time I used it right! The las three times I cast it it made the person suddenly so fast they couldn't stop moving and crash into something.'

Gildor got his wish. The ground turned liquid-like under his feet and a huge pincer came jutting out and made a to grab his leg in it's padded jaws.

Richard watched as the picers began to sink and once again was preparing to charge his bow and fire but then watched as several...um fast moving blue blurs... hit the ground near the pincer freezing the area that had been liqueified into thick, solid blue sheets of ice that trapped the creature restricting it's movement even as it tried to thrash and sink under. "What in the worlds did that?" Siad Richard glancing over at Taihaku who seemed to be standing still with her tail making blurs behind her. ,Temporal augmentation spell. Intriguing. I didn't know she knew how to control that kind of magic.'

The other pincer that was about to grab Gildor suddenly spasmed and very nearly clipped his face by mistake as it thrashed about wildly in pain. A ultra low freequency bust errupted from the ground asailing his, Taihaku and Dargo's ears.

Dargo held his huge paws over his ears and let out a howl. This was NOT what he signed up for on this stupid quest! His master would owe him big latter.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:29 am

"I will do my best to be careful m'lady but do you really think they would have people out here that could help us?" Saen asked curious. Saen pulled back on his bow with his might knowing how hard it was last time to try and stab them with an arrow. This time however it was being fired correctly and he had shot through many thick armors in practice but would it work now? Just in case he decided to aim the segmented part of the pincers in hopes its armor would be weaker at its joints. He let his arrow fly at the one that attempted to grab Gildor's leg.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:11 am

The elf quick-stepped away from where the pincer was going to burst from the ground. He was about to smash the pincers when an impossibly loud and annoying noise assaulted his ear. The elf stumbled and nearly got his face bitten off, but quickly forced himself to focus and struck the pincers with all his strength.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Taihaku, in reality, was unaffected by the sounds; her ears, as a snow leopard neko, were not as developed as regular nekos' ears, a result of her tribe living in and adapting to the Imoreith Tundra. As such, she wasn't able to hear them. (As long as that's how it works; you singled out them because they would have sensitive hearing, right?)

Seeing that her spell had worked, she turned around and pulled her hands to her waist, summoning another six shards to replace the six she'd fired off, and was about to do the same to the other pincer when the speed spell wore off. Taihaku suddenly began feeling very tired and sluggish. The ice crystals in the air behind her dissipated into magic dust, which floated away as she fell to her knees, then on her face. She was out cold from sheer exhaustion - her body wasn't used to handling that kind of strain.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:10 pm

[EEK I missed almost a whole battle!]

Persephone had spaced out for a moment and consequently was taken by surprise when the engagement started. The mysterious beasts attacking the group seemed occupied where they were, so for the time being she adopted the position of long-range fire support. She used her pistol mostly to hamper the creatures' movements and make them more easily defended against for the rest of the party. Hopefully the attackers would remain focused on the closer targets and not go after her - she was a bit tired from all the running around she'd been doing during the last encounter, and experience told her that if she could keep them at a distance while other people kept them occupied, the party had a better chance of defeating them with minimal casualties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Grande Adventure
Page 5 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next