Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community Artifacts Index

Go down 
+12
Americanhero45
sadisticnerd
Malahite
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
EvilGenius
Stabs
Darth_Nergal
jedi-explorer
parameciumkid
DarkOne
Nyaha
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Name: Decoy Disc
Rarity: Common

The Decoy disc is a disc that magically projects a holographic recording of a human sized being of the user's choice (normally themselves) The purpose of the device is to act as a decoy to get a predator off your back, at least until realize it's not real.

How to use:

Device comes with a crystal, using an enchantment allows the user to record their likeness into the crystal, the crystal can store up to a minute of footage, which can be looped to extend the illusion. The crystal is then inserted into a round slot in the middle of the disc. The Disc will project whatever recording is stored in the crystal when placed on the ground as a full 3D holographic projection. Most predators won't notice the small disc on the ground, they would be more focused on what they think is food that is over it.

The Disc itself powers the crystal and works base a base, keeping the crystal upright. The base contains a power unit that powers the crystal and has a rechargeable battery that charges by absorbing magic from sensors underneath the Disc, meaning it can absorb magic from the soil and switches to the battery when placed on other surfaces. Meaning if placed on soil the disc can go on for some time though the crystal could overload and crack if left for hours on end. The projections themselves are human sized as they are designed to distract predators from a group. Best decoys tend to be a projection that look like someone injured, terrified or generally helpless and gives the impression that the group has abandoned them.

As projections are just recordings, they don't respond if the predator tries to converse with it. (Though dumb predators could be there for a while, demanding that the projection stops screaming or crying like a wuss)

As Crystals contain the recordings, different crystals can be placed into the disc for different decoy projections. The Crystals come in many different colors so some users can keep a collection of decoys and use the different colors to differentiate between them.

Last edited by DarkOne on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 am

Does anybody object to the addition of PolyKeys and Psychic IDs to the index?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Does anybody object to the addition of PolyKeys and Psychic IDs to the index?

Nope! I think they are great! I was planning to use them myself.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:51 am

Name: Shadow Gauntlets
Rarity: Precious
Average Price: 1200 SK

Shadow Gauntlets are articles of enchanted armor for the hand and forearm that are usually, but not always, found in pairs. They are usually coloured black, with deep purple, diamond-cut stones of mazhir embedded in the backs of the palms. Wearing them will allow one the ability to control a pair of semi-tangible hands of shadow about five-times the size of their own hands, which float in and move through the air in positions relative to that of the wearer's hands. They can be used to throw strong physical attacks from a distance, lift large objects with relative ease. Some superior versions can even create a large shadowy copy of whatever the wearer is holding, which can make them even more deadly. Attacking the construct hands physically has no effect, however magic attacks can push them back. It may give the wearer the strange feeling of one's hand pushed against by an invisible force. Light-based magic in particular can temporarily short out the effect of the gloves altogether.

The gauntlets themselves are quite fragile, and make for rather useless armor in the case of physical defense. Being struck may cause them to fracture and chip, creating holes in the hands of shadow themselves. If the purple jewels are damaged, the hands will cease to function completely until they are fixed or replaced, which can be almost as costly as buying a new pair - though the mazhir jewels generally tend to be easier to find than shadow gauntlets themselves. Shadow gauntlets power themselves via the mazhir jewels embedded in them; they will run out of power if used for too long, but recharge is automatic. Shadow gauntlets can also be used to effectively block magic attacks, which can also replenish the gauntlets' supply of magic power.

How to Use:
Place shadow gauntlets on hands and affix straps properly. To summon hands of shadow, place hands together flat (as if praying) and concentrate desire to wield them. After summoning, shadow hands will copy the movements of the wearer's hands and arms. To dispel hands of shadow, place fists together against each other.
---------------------------

Name: Quake Mitts
Rarity: Uncommon
Average Price: 600 SK

Quake mitts are the hand-accessory equivalent to quake boots. They give the wearer the same effects, but with the added bonus of being much easier to use, and somewhat more versatile as well. For this reason, they are more valuable than their footwear counterpart. Like quake boots, they draw off the unused magic energy inside the wearer to allow them the ability to perform rudimentary earth magic.

How to Use:
The wearer may produce boulders by raising their fist skyward, or simply bending down and pulling one out of the ground. The quake mitts will allow the wearer to use magic to lift large masses of earth, regardless of their own lift capacity. To sent a boulder toward a target, either throw a punch in its direction or simply throw the boulder. Do not attempt to 'high-five' people while wearing quake mitts. 'Fist-bumping' is also advised against. As with quake boots, dancing should generally be avoided while wearing quake mitts.
-----------------------------

If nobody has any objections, I'd like to add these to the list. Otherwise, I'd really like some feedback here.

Last edited by Nyaha on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Name: Sicarius Lamina
Rarity: Semi-Precious
Price: 680 SK

An enchanted wrist blade favored by assassins, thieves, and rogues. Though common adventurers and nobles make good use of them as defensive weapons as well. It is made up of a simple looking bracer with a single gem in the middle of it. A blade is hidden inside the bracer itself. It has a sleek design that makes it easy to conceal in one's sleeves, especially if the sleeves are a bit larger then normal.

How to Use:
The Sicarius Laminia is worn on the inside of the arm, right below the wrist. The blade is extended or retracted by willing it to do so while flicking one's wrist. Finally, most Sicarius Lamina are sold separately, but many people use a pair of them.

The Sicarius Lamina has three major enchantments:

1) There is a small opening with a cap where poison can be stored. The blade is then magically coated with the poison, and will remain so until someone changes the kind of poison being stored.

2) The blade can extend out to the length equal to a long sword, or as short as a common dagger. Despite how long the blade is, it always remains equal to the weight of a short sword. The length of the blade is determined by the user when they will the blade to extend.

3) The blade is sharper than most normal blades, and does not dull with use.

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 am

Wow Shadow Gauntlets sound cool! Though one question if somebody were to attack the construct that was created does the wearer feel anything and does it actually harm the construct or does one need to destroy or disable the gauntlets first?

Quote :
The blade can extend out to the length equal to a long sword, or as short as a common dagger. Despite how long the blade is, it always remains equal to the weight of a short sword. The length of the blade is determined by the user when they will the blade to extend.

Tydus could use this. With your permision, Nergal , I'd like to try a pic with him having it on his arm when I make him a new outfit.

Name: Elvish Whetstone
Rarity: Uncommon
Average Price 300 SK

Elvish wetsones are almost like normal wetstones except they are enchanted stones usualy decorated with a ring of elvish symbols. They are charged with enough magical energy that they not only sharpen the object in question when used but lend some of that energy to the object to borrow. Making them invaluble tools when one is about to go into combat against a ghost or elemental. They are uncommon in Negav becuase of the fact the stone is trade secret of Elven craftsmen who say the stone comes from a sacred place to their people some where in Elfiga valley. It should be noted while the wetstone is long lasting it will eventauly break or wear out. Even if you recharge it with magic or try to reasemble it with a repair spell it will not work. You must buy another. Hence why you should always carry two or more. It also bestows no specefic magical element when enchanting a weapon and won't interfere with weapons made from metals that give natural elemental bonuses.

How to Use:

Slide the wetstone across a bladed weapon's surface (it can be used only on bladed weapons or weapons with a bladed edge) and it will create yellow green sparks and cuase the sharped weapon's edge to glow slightly. This means it's active. The glow will diminish when the enchantment has worn off and will fade from sight when it it no longer working at all.

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:05 am

jedi-explorer wrote:

Quote :
The blade can extend out to the length equal to a long sword, or as short as a common dagger. Despite how long the blade is, it always remains equal to the weight of a short sword. The length of the blade is determined by the user when they will the blade to extend.

Tydus could use this. With your permision, Nergal , I'd like to try a pic with him having it on his arm when I make him a new outfit.

You can certainly use it. Though I would like more feed back from other people before it's drawn. That way I can work out any bugs. :3
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 am

Darth_Nergal wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Quote :

You can certainly use it. Though I would like more feed back from other people before it's drawn. That way I can work out any bugs. :3

Thanks and no problem. It'll be a while till I get back to drawing his new look anyway. I just loved the design so much I had to ask though.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:36 am

@Nergalburger

That wrist blade is interesting. The design seems simple, though somehow, to me, using a longsword from my wrist Spider-Man style seems like it would be a little difficult, and somewhat inefficient. Are you certain it shouldn't go above the wrist instead?

@Jedi

I've changed the article to answer your questions. The answers you seek are at the end of the first paragraph.

Does anyone have any objections to adding Shadow Gauntlets and Quake Mitts to the index?
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Nyaha wrote:
@Nergalburger

That wrist blade is interesting. The design seems simple, though somehow, to me, using a longsword from my wrist Spider-Man style seems like it would be a little difficult, and somewhat inefficient. Are you certain it shouldn't go above the wrist instead?

Does anyone have any objections to adding Shadow Gauntlets and Quake Mitts to the index?

Nergalburger...that's my nickname here from now on isn't it? Razz

Well, that actually depends on your fighting style and preference. I honestly see no reason why a person couldn't wear it above or below the wrist. Now just to make sure we're on the right page and I'm not misinterpreting you, when you say "above the wrist" do you mean on the outer part of your forearm?

It doesn't really matter in the end since you can wear it both ways though. However, the reason I had it below the wrist is two fold. First, I'm designing it to be a hidden weapon, like the Hidden Blade in Assassin's Creed. It's easier to hide something like that when it's worn on the inside of your arm instead of the outside. Second, For the protection of the user. If you have the blade at a dagger's length, and you go to punch/slam a open hand into their chest it's better to have the blade below your hand. There's a less likely chance of you stabbing yourself.

Also, don't forget, even if it is the length of a longsword, it will have the weight of a short sword. But as I said above, I see no reason why you can't preposition it to suite your style of fighting. I mean, the itself would probably only be about half the length of your forearm. And the straps to put it on aren't exactly complicated. I could see someone wearing one practically any way the want. :3

And finally, I'm all for adding them Nyaha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 am

@Nergal-dergal-dargen

Ohhhhhhhh. Well that makes sense, being able to either way. And yes, if when you say 'out part of the forearm' you mean behind your hand. Like how Buzz Lightyear fires his laser. *makes Spider-man web shooting gesture* Spider-Man... *turns his wrist 180 degrees and bends it downward in a fist* Buzz Lightyear. *alternates between the two* Spider-Man, Buzz Lightear, Spider-man, Buzz Lightyear.

BTW, which way is the blade facing? Does it face away from the hand, towards the hand, or is it horizontal - parallel to the hand?
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 am

Nyaha wrote:
@Nergal-dergal-dargen

Ohhhhhhhh. Well that makes sense, being able to either way. And yes, if when you say 'out part of the forearm' you mean behind your hand. Like how Buzz Lightyear fires his laser. *makes Spider-man web shooting gesture* Spider-Man... *turns his wrist 180 degrees and bends it downward in a fist* Buzz Lightyear. *alternates between the two* Spider-Man, Buzz Lightear, Spider-man, Buzz Lightyear.

BTW, which way is the blade facing? Does it face away from the hand, towards the hand, or is it horizontal - parallel to the hand?

Lol, I like the way you explain that Nyaha, I really do. XD

Now, the blade itself is parallel to the hand, with the flat of the blade, where the fuller is, facing the hand. It is pretty much positioned like this
Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Wip_hidden_wrist_blade_by_hito_san-d33ntil.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 am

Oooookay I see. :3 Well, if nobody else has anything to add to Nergal's idea then I'll go ahead and post it up. ^.^
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Nyaha wrote:
@Nergalburger

@Jedi

I've changed the article to answer your questions. The answers you seek are at the end of the first paragraph.

XD Nergalburger. Oh yeah that suits a Dark Lord of the Sith. Darth Burger! All kidding aside thanks for the information, Nyah, I think they should defiantly be added to the list. Oh and what'd you guys think of my Elvish Wetstones?
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm

I like the Jedi. Very Happy I like them very much. :3

Dolum Glasses:

Nandin Seed:

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:58 pm

I like the wetstones. We do need an average price, though. Even if one wouldn't often find them for sale in Negav, one might want to sell one, and we need to know what it might sell for.

Dolum Glasses are definitely going on the list.

Nandin Seeds effects need to go in their description, not the How to Use portion.

I'm adding the Shadow Gauntlets, but I'm a bit hesitant to add the Quake Mitts because I think they really may not be necessary.

IMPORTANT: I would like everyone with an idea on the index to edit the post containing that idea. Please put the name of any idea that is on the index in bold and underlined print.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:32 pm

I actually have a disagreement with the dolum Glasses, on the grounds that not all illusions are confirmed to be visual, thus glasses might not suffice.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Ohh, good point. They should only effect visual illusions. Very Happy Thanks EG.

@Nyaha: I'll make the change. :3
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Nandin seeds are not on the index, Nergal. Please remove the bold and underlined text from the ideas title until further notice.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 pm

*salutes* Yes sir Nyaha. :3
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am

Nyaha wrote:
I like the wetstones. We do need an average price, though. Even if one wouldn't often find them for sale in Negav, one might want to sell one, and we need to know what it might sell for.

Dolum Glasses are definitely going on the list.

Nandin Seeds effects need to go in their description, not the How to Use portion.

I'm adding the Shadow Gauntlets, but I'm a bit hesitant to add the Quake Mitts because I think they really may not be necessary.

IMPORTANT: I would like everyone with an idea on the index to edit the post containing that idea. Please put the name of any idea that is on the index in bold and underlined print.

Just added the price. Oh in bold? I can go back and do that. *Salutes and gets on Jetbike speeding back through the thread*
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Read it carefully. Only the ideas that have been accepted to the index should have that text.

Jedi, I think the wetstones would be worth much more because they're less common, easy to use, and seem pretty useful. I think there'd be a good demand for them and their rarity on the market just makes them that much more valuable.

Does anybody object to the addition of Nandin Seeds to the index?
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Actually, I do. After looking at it I don't feel this idea is thought out well enough. As a result I would prefer that it does not go on the list just yet. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 am

Nyaha wrote:
Read it carefully. Only the ideas that have been accepted to the index should have that text.

Jedi, I think the wetstones would be worth much more because they're less common, easy to use, and seem pretty useful. I think there'd be a good demand for them and their rarity on the market just makes them that much more valuable.

Does anybody object to the addition of Nandin Seeds to the index?

I see what you mean. Alright how's 300 SK? Too low?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeah that seems about right. Very Happy

If nobody has any objections, I would like to add the Elvish Wetstone to the index.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Artifacts Index
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next