Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community Artifacts Index

Go down 
+12
Americanhero45
sadisticnerd
Malahite
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
EvilGenius
Stabs
Darth_Nergal
jedi-explorer
parameciumkid
DarkOne
Nyaha
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Darth_Nergal wrote:
I think 2,500 may be a bit too much. Nothing I've posted so far is over 1,00 skevols. It really wouldn't be that expensive, I think. The hiding the aura might be difficult, but maybe around 700 skevols?

that having been said, I have five new items to add. Now, none of these items would be of much use to an adventuerer, but they are still something you might find in a magical society. I will admit that I took some inspiration from books like Harry Potter and the Inheritance series, particularly with the board games and window/door frames.

Juggling Spheres:

animated/magic board games:

Theater Props:

Sealed Window/Door frames:

Homophonic Instruments:

Felarian Plates:

Okay first off think that all the items are cool, but my favorite is the Felaryan plates. (So know what I'm decorating so OC rooms with now~) And a Homophobic would play anything but show tunes obviously.

Second I have to say I don't think you've researched all the uses of yoru artifacts if you say you don't see how some are useful tat obviously are. Or maybe only I see this but the Theater Props have illusion-like properties that allow to look like you just jammed a sword into your opponet's chest, then to the on lookers it appears you killed him. You make up some story about him murdering your dog and burning down your house then add in some details about him being a predator sympathiser and then you're a hero! You have some trust ascoites drag the body away and then , after enjoying all the town has to offer, you leave and meet up with the not killed comrade and do the act again. Limited but fun! You can also add in a mini predator, Nikita size, and go all "Dragonheart" but it's a little harder to do. Maybe if those props come in all sizes you could have over-sized sword of dridder slaying. Also I have giant OC who runs a playhouse and she'd be really happy to have a set of these. ^_^ In fact I have two bios to write now but I'm glad we can post items that aren't necessarily useful to missions and quests. It makes my idea perceptive less limited. I've had a few that weren't quite as "epic" as my others. I may post them when I track them down. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:45 pm

I dunno. Somehow those frivolous ideas seem like a waste of space. Perfectly good ideas to be certain, but at the same time that kind of takes away from the overall value of making this thread. I don't want to have this become a thing where just every magical item gets a spot on the index - I want people to be creative for themselves, too! So, while I do think those are all great ideas, I think that they are things that other people are just as likely to come up with (or maybe even have already came up with) for their own purposes. Unless I am authoritatively convinced otherwise, I don't think those ideas will make it to the index. Sad

Also for the Pallium Cloak, I think 2,500 SK is a great price. It's a very useful item, not cheap to make, and definitely something that would likely be in high demand.

Also, Jedi, you have yet to change the name of your Elvish 'Whetstones'.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 am

Sounds good. ^_^ I actually got the idea they might not make due to the fact that they're more background items. Like souvenirs and such. :3 And 2,500 SK it will be.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I dunno. Somehow those frivolous ideas seem like a waste of space. Perfectly good ideas to be certain, but at the same time that kind of takes away from the overall value of making this thread. I don't want to have this become a thing where just every magical item gets a spot on the index - I want people to be creative for themselves, too! So, while I do think those are all great ideas, I think that they are things that other people are just as likely to come up with (or maybe even have already came up with) for their own purposes. Unless I am authoritatively convinced otherwise, I don't think those ideas will make it to the index. Sad

Also for the Pallium Cloak, I think 2,500 SK is a great price. It's a very useful item, not cheap to make, and definitely something that would likely be in high demand.

Also, Jedi, you have yet to change the name of your Elvish 'Whetstones'.

I just did and don't add them to the index then. Could always make a separate thread for fun stuff that has new use, right?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:07 pm

I don't see why not. :3 I'm also playing with the idea of making a similar thread to this one for magic spells that might be commonly taught or used in Felarya, too. Do you think that'd be a good idea?

If nobody has any objections, I'd like to add the Pallium Cloak to the index.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I don't see why not. :3 I'm also playing with the idea of making a similar thread to this one for magic spells that might be commonly taught or used in Felarya, too. Do you think that'd be a good idea?

If nobody has any objections, I'd like to add the Pallium Cloak to the index.

I like the sound of that! ^__^ I would love to have a thread for spells. I have allot more spell users now thanks to Felarya's many magical groups and types so it'd be cool to have a thread to reference them also yeah I say you should add and I changed "Wet" to "Whet". Sorry it toome so long to do so.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 pm

The animatic board game idea reminds me of 'Wizard Chess' from Harry Potter Razz
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Lol, I did get that idea from Wizard's Chess from Harry Potter. ^_^ So Nyaha, would that new thread you're planning to make be a better place for the five ideas I posted? :3
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Put simply, no.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I dunno. Somehow those frivolous ideas seem like a waste of space. Perfectly good ideas to be certain, but at the same time that kind of takes away from the overall value of making this thread. I don't want to have this become a thing where just every magical item gets a spot on the index - I want people to be creative for themselves, too! So, while I do think those are all great ideas, I think that they are things that other people are just as likely to come up with (or maybe even have already came up with) for their own purposes. Unless I am authoritatively convinced otherwise, I don't think those ideas will make it to the index.

Would you allow me to try and change your mind about one of those, Nyaha? Very Happy

Since it seems these frivolous ideas are a waste of space, maybe we can try to improve upon them a little, if you don't mind, Nergal. Remember that time with Leila and the wind-up toy? Maybe we could take some of your ideas, one at a time, and add another layer of uses to them. I'd like to start with the animated board games...

Maybe we could make instead animated board game pieces, capable of tasks beyond simply moving into each other's squares as long as they're simple? For instance, "White bishop, flick off the light switch when I leave. Black bishop, flick on the light switch when I enter." Just think of how decadently wasteful and luxurious that is! Alternatively, we could have little figurines that you just could play board games with.

Think that'd be any better, guys? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm

I like where you're going with this. I suppose if they were made unique enough in that respect, I could change my mind. I just hope nobody gets upset if it doesn't. Sad
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 am

I like that a lot better Stabs, good idea. ^_^ Any other suggestions? :3
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Okay, I've been informed that the whole bold and underline thing for artifacts that are in the index might be a little much, so I guess I'll be doing away with that rule? TBH I'm not sure how much authority I should be having over things like these, but, I guess it's my thread, so do what I say or else! ^.^ I mean, uh, y'know, if you want to. >//<

Also I've changed the thread's name to better reflect what it's supposed to be. I hope you like this better!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Okay, I've been informed that the whole bold and underline thing for artifacts that are in the index might be a little much, so I guess I'll be doing away with that rule? TBH I'm not sure how much authority I should be having over things like these, but, I guess it's my thread, so do what I say or else! ^.^ I mean, uh, y'know, if you want to. >//<

Also I've changed the thread's name to better reflect what it's supposed to be. I hope you like this better!

I like the new title. ^_^ I think it should get a sticky since it's vauble as a resource for both writers and character creators. Also I like the idea of game figures doing more than just playing on a board. That's a little like Shabti statues from mythology.I'm going to submit one that's been bugging me on how to perfect. Be warned very incomplete idea.

Name: Spell Sling
Rarity: Rare
Average Price: 6,500 SK (For a simple model. Custom makes may cost more)

The spell sling was first thought up by a Psi’ol Magiocrat who liked to to hunt game near Negav. He liked guns, but found it most irritating to have to reload the clip or restock the powder. So he decided to build a magical gun which he called a Spell Sling. This remarkable tool uses no bullet, instead relying on a charged Mazhir gem that’s been loaded with magical energy and is easy to recharge with one’s own mana flow. The design has been played around with some much it’s hard to determine what the original looked like but all require trigger, hand grip, barrel of some kind and a firing pin to strike the Mazhir and emit the bolt of energy. The Negav Hunting and Game Guild frowns on using Spell Slings for use on their hunting trails and but have yet to ban them due to the fact most aren’t terribly accurate, hence why it’s mostly used as a sporting riffle or self defense weapon instead of anti-predator gun. The “Hammer” model can only fire one bolt at a time and has to be reset in order to be used again. There have been attempts to make models that can rapidly fire bolts but allot of those sold are very dangerous as they build too much magical static and can explode. If you want a safe a reliable weapon you should stick to non-custom factory make.

How to Use:

Pull the pin back and wait till it locks. The trigger should snap forward indicating it’s ready to fire. Pull the trigger and a bolt of energy should be emitted from the barrel and fly towards the target. If this does not happen inspect the gem and make sure it’s glowing and you’ve properly recharged it. Note: Trigger can sometimes stick on older models. Be sure and keep the weapon well lubricated.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 pm

That is an awesome weapon idea! ^.^ I love it! Also, I'll give the magical game pieces a little more thought. :3 Does anybody have any more feedback to add or may I go ahead and add the Spell Sling?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Name: Temporal Stasis-Field Generator (TS-FG)
Rarity: Very Rare
Average Price: 70,000 - 250,000 SK

A Temporal Stasis-Field Generator is a very powerful magical artifact. Appearing as a black pendant with a gemstone of an orange colour and green core, it boasts the ability to transfer the wearer from the stream of time in which most beings exist, and allow them to travel on a faster one. This makes their movements seem five times faster to people in the regular time stream, and it allows the wearer perceive things in 'slow motion'. A drawback is that, however long it is used to keep the wearer in an alternate time stream (from the wearer's perspective), it takes exactly the same amount of time to recharge once re-entering the original time stream before it can be used again. While recharging, the gemstone becomes straight black. Another drawback is the limit for which the artifact can remain active; a side-effect of the gemstone used to give the artifact power causes it to sense the wearer's intentions. Because of this, for things like fleeing or travelling, the artifact can remain active for up to two hours from the wearer's perspective. Intentions involving anything to do with violence will cause the limit to shorten to five seconds. There is also the risk of becoming trapped in the alternate time flow; if the artifact is damaged or lost before the wearer returns to the original time stream, they will become trapped in the faster time stream, and without the protection of the artifact, their ability to percieve their surroundings at the speed their going would be reduced, making the danger of running into a very solid object while moving more than 25 km/h a high possibility. It would be possible to reclaim the artifact and return to the original time stream if it were dropped or taken away, but if it is damaged, it will not work at all, and the chances of ever finding a second one, even with the benefits of increased speed, would be extremely slim.

How to Use:

It takes one surprisingly little effort to activate a TS-FG. One must only wear it on some part of their body, presumably around their neck, and will the artifact to activate, and it will do so. Deactivation works in the same way. It will also deactivate automatically if its situational limit has been reached. Willing the artifact to activate whilst it is recharging will cause nothing to occur.

Last edited by Nyaha on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Spell Sling has been added. We have more than 15 ideas here now! ^.^ Come on, don't let it stop here! More ideas! More Feedback! MORE COMMUNICATIONS!!!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Spell Sling has been added. We have more than 15 ideas here now! ^.^ Come on, don't let it stop here! More ideas! More Feedback! MORE COMMUNICATIONS!!!

Woot! cheers We have fifteen and you liekd the Spell Sling! Sorry it too me so long to reply! I'm glad you liked it. I'm working on more ideas and I'll give you some feed back on the TS-FG tomorrow as I need to get up early tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:17 am

Here's an idea I've had for a little while now:
_______

Phantom Baton (Precious)

250 SK

The Phantom Baton is a conductor's baton, usually made of wood, engraved with magical runes that spiral around the surface and appear to shift slightly when observed.

Waving the Baton to an imagined melody will cause an orchestral version of the song to play out of thin air, as though played by a philharmonic orchestra consisting of brass, wind, percussion, and acoustic string instruments. Songs with lyrics will typically have the lyrics omitted, though a few Phantom Batons will include the lyrics as though sung by an orchestral choir.

The music itself has no inherent magical properties and cannot create sound that a philharmonic orchestra would not typically produce. Despite being somewhat rare, they are generally considered useless by adventurers as they tend to attract unwanted attention from nearby predators.

How to Use: Imagine a song in your mind, and wave the baton to its rhythm.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 pm

I LOVE THAT! ^.^ I think I'd really like to add that if nobody else has anything to add to it or criticise it for!

Also, I'm rethinking my position on those things that Nergal made:

Darth_Nergal wrote:
Juggling Spheres:

animated/magic board games:

Theater Props:

Sealed Window/Door frames:

Homophonic Instruments:

Felarian Plates:

I think I was wrong before. The fact is that they are really creative, and I think that maybe a lot of people wouldn't think to add things like these into their stories without seeing them. Or at the very least seeing them will inspire them to come up with similar ideas of their own. The only things I don't like right now are the juggling spheres - I think they come off more technological than magical - and the Felarian (Felaryan? Stupid Surrogia) plates - they seem a little futuristic-y to be native to a setting like Felarya, which doesn't even have TV (canonically) [as far as I know].

The board games and the theatre props seem, to me, like the most useful and likely-to-be-used ideas there. If nobody minds or has anything to add to them or criticise them for, I think I'd like to add them to the index. ^.^
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:51 am

Okay now I can give proper evaluation of the Temporal Stasis Field Generator. I think it's a great idea. It provides safe short ranged travel and could have other Temporal applications as well with further study. My only issue is I too was working on a artifact with super speed properties XD Well nothing related to time but basicly a "Road-Runner" artifact. Does this mean I should trash it? Or can we have multiple artifacts that do almost basically the same thing? Just wondering.

Quote :
Phantom Baton (Precious)

250 SK

The Phantom Baton is a conductor's baton, usually made of wood, engraved with magical runes that spiral around the surface and appear to shift slightly when observed.

Waving the Baton to an imagined melody will cause an orchestral version of the song to play out of thin air, as though played by a philharmonic orchestra consisting of brass, wind, percussion, and acoustic string instruments. Songs with lyrics will typically have the lyrics omitted, though a few Phantom Batons will include the lyrics as though sung by an orchestral choir.

The music itself has no inherent magical properties and cannot create sound that a philharmonic orchestra would not typically produce. Despite being somewhat rare, they are generally considered useless by adventurers as they tend to attract unwanted attention from nearby predators.

How to Use: Imagine a song in your mind, and wave the baton to its rhythm.

Hmm sounds kinda neat. I wouldn't call it useless. If you can record magical Songs on it it'd be useful. Especially if it used the Baton's energy instead of the casters. Think about it this way. Wave the baton and use the Song of Heal All. Everyone in range's wounds begin to mend and heal. Or the Song of Chaos. This would make a small shock wave that tosses the targets about and damages them with debris spinning out from the epicenter of the spell.

Quote :
The board games and the theatre props seem, to me, like the most useful and likely-to-be-used ideas there. If nobody minds or has anything to add to them or criticise them for, I think I'd like to add them to the index. ^.^

Go ahead! I was the first to say they were more useful than they seemed.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:44 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Hmm sounds kinda neat. I wouldn't call it useless. If you can record magical Songs on it it'd be useful. Especially if it used the Baton's energy instead of the casters. Think about it this way. Wave the baton and use the Song of Heal All. Everyone in range's wounds begin to mend and heal. Or the Song of Chaos. This would make a small shock wave that tosses the targets about and damages them with debris spinning out from the epicenter of the spell.

Allow me to repeat: The music itself has no inherent magical properties. That means no music that can do stuff that ordinary music can't do.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:18 am

To answer your question, Jedi, no! Please, go ahead and post it! Its not up to me to decide which idea is better, after all - that's why it's the community artifacts thread! So if you have an idea, even if its similar, it might be better, or serve its own purpose, okay? ^_^
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:44 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Allow me to repeat: The music itself has no inherent magical properties. That means no music that can do stuff that ordinary music can't do.

Well it was just a suggestion. Embarassed No need to alter it if you like it as is.

Quote :
o answer your question, Jedi, no! Please, go ahead and post it!

Very well. Then let me present the Vortec Belt. Note: First version. I need to consult my note book when I find it and see what the beta looked like. For now here's the one I made from what little I remembered.

Name: Vortec Belt
Rarity: Precious
Average Price: 50,000 SK

The Vortec belt is a remarkable device developed to allow humans to become much more than they are. It uses Phase Crystals to increase the flow of time spacial particles around the wearer to increase thus increasing their own speed. Normally this would cause the equipped person to age rapidly but due to Felarya’s effect of making people ageless it cancels it out that negative effect. However it will effect clothes or items in your possession will decay. Clothes, weapons and food. The other problem is the fact the main component, Phase Crystals, are very, very rare. They only occur in small deposits near unstable areas of Felarya and are created when normal crystals are hit by unstable dimensional energy. Thus it’s impossible to mass produce the belt. You’ll not likely find it in a common shop around Negav. In fact it’s more common to find one discarded than in the open market. This is because of the fact most miss-use or break the device during use. You see if you turn the knob once it will increase your stamina, which will allow you to run longer, 10 fold. Twice will increase it 20 fold and trice well you get the picture. Most who choose to do so use the devices higher settings to escape predators, which was one of it’s intended uses. However doing this should only be done at the first setting or second since the faster the body moves the harder it is to control oneself and avoid obstacles or the gaping jaws of another predator working in tandem with the one chasing you.

How to Use:

Simply put the belt on and turn the dial to the desired setting. Note: trying to turn the dial beyond the third setting will break the device and cause dimensional combustion. If one is lucky they will only be flung into another time/ world. If unlucky well…Perhaps you will merely turn into jelly. Though stranger things have been reported.

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:00 pm

So essentially, this makes people faster and increases their endurance at the cost of causing materials around them to decay? Interesting draw back, interesting idea. I think the grammar is a little awkward, but otherwise it seems nice. What's the purpose for the price range?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Artifacts Index   Community Artifacts Index - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Artifacts Index
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next