Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cellph&%$#

Go down 
+3
McKindle
Archmage_Bael
Stabs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Ever since I've got a cellphone, I've been getting those unrequisited text messages offering me to double or triple my credit by buying extra credit TODAY from 20$ on. It wouldn't be so bad, but they're also trying to get me to participate for a car from time to time.

But that's not the worst of it. My sister got a cellphone, and so for the last year, my duty's been to come home early so my other sister can keep track of her by calling her on my cellphone. It's really, really annoying to be the only guy who barely uses the damn apparatus.

I actually lost the thing one day, and I was much more distressed about my sister being out for my blood for losing the thing, because she needs it to keep track of my other sister... disaster was averted, at the expense of me losing out half of an exam's time. I passed the test anyway, because I'm awesome like that, but still, I could've done without that moment.

And just today, the thing's battery ran out of juice on me. I don't know who the fuck does those displays, but they are done wrong. I'd rather have a countdown of sorts than three stripes, where anything other than three means "less than an hour left". I need at least 12 hours of warning to recharge it, for crying out loud, I spend 11 hours outside my house! For added fun, my sister needed to call me urgently just today- just when the battery ate itself. Why? Murphy's law, that's why!

I don't know who devised this infernal contraption, but it's anything other than convenient. What about you, guys? Anything to bitch about regarding the cellphone?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I like it, I have a blizzard authenticator on it. Its the only way I can ever play their damned games. X_x
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 am

I've got beef with them too. I hate how owning a mobile means people can text you at any period and then be offended if you don't text back. It means at any possible moment they can lay claim to your own free time and then have the right to be annoyed that you didn't waste more of it texting back "Im ok, how r u?" Nowadays I have to devote pretty much the whole of my journey to and from work to texting away on the bus or on foot, and it's ruining a time of the day I used to really enjoy. Okay, sure, I understand that if they have my number they're probably a good friend, so I'm going to want to talk to them, but I've never said or seen a single meaningful thing sent via text. I don't have any of the friends I have right now because of texting, nor do I think I would be better acquainted with them if I did it all the time.

I'd never get rid of it because I like calls, and I understand its practicality in emergencies. Still, on some days when it becomes too much I'll just turn it off for the entire day and claim it ran out of battery if people ask - just to prove to myself that even though it's a duty I don't like I can always take leave from it.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 am

If anyone ever texted me instead of calling me like a sane human being, I'd punch them square in the jaw.

i have a cell myself, and I don't associate with the crazies who think that calling someone is too much work.
Back to top Go down
AzureJass
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
AzureJass

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 am

I am just Sick of SMS advertisements, thankfully my phone has a SMS block option Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 pm

I HATE texting. Calls are fine. Hell, I LIKE getting to hear someone's voice from time to time. Kinda live away from most. But texting is annoying. Other people, in the limited time I have with them, will tell me to hold on, pause in mid conversation, so they can text someone. Every. Five. Minutes. Given I'm lucky to get a day with people I know/care about per month, it's a heavy sacrifice, even for that little bit. Also, given I use a prepaid phone, people who get unlimited texts but limited calls annoy me, because it costs me to text them, OR to get theirs, while I would just use the landline to talk all I needed. Doesn't help I'm a slow texter, even with a keypad phone. /rant
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
French snack
French snack

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:49 pm

McKindle wrote:
I hate how owning a mobile means people can text you at any period and then be offended if you don't text back. It means at any possible moment they can lay claim to your own free time and then have the right to be annoyed that you didn't waste more of it texting back "Im ok, how r u?" Nowadays I have to devote pretty much the whole of my journey to and from work to texting away on the bus or on foot, and it's ruining a time of the day I used to really enjoy.

That's essentially the reason why I haven't got a mobile phone. Everyone who's got one seems to feel they can never be incommunicado. I prefer people to know that they can't text me; that if they want to phone me, they'll have to use my landline when I'm at home; or else they can send me an e-mail and wait for me to reply at my own convenience.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:08 pm

lol at the texting rants. I borrow a cell phone, our family has three of them, and all of my friends are on one particular one, they send texts, and we dont pay for texting, so I have to tell them to call me instead. I only make a few texts per month. Though even in telling them not to text me they do it anyway, and it pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:49 pm

I prefer texting, actually, but I recognize its limits. Texting allows you only 140 characters, and may arrive with a delay of up to 15 minutes. Then again, people around you can yell as loud as they want, and you can still read just fine; talking on the phone is much, much more difficult, and I get VIOLENTLY surly when at the phone. If I weren't surly enough by myself.

I use texts when I'm in no hurry and I don't want anyone to be hurried, or when I need to transmit something long which I don't want to repeat over the phone, because of the aforementioned reasons [and the fact repeating things grinds on me too]. It's good for instructions, numbers, and long lists- as well as for telling people "[name], please give me a call at your earliest convenience."

I haven't had problems with superfluous texts. I have been insulted through text a little, but no one made an habit of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cellph&%$# Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cellph&%$#   Cellph&%$# Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cellph&%$#
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Off topic discussion-
Jump to: