Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, PETA goofed again.

Go down 
+6
Archmage_Bael
Nyaha
AzureJass
parameciumkid
hhhat09
Stabs
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

So, PETA goofed again. Empty
PostSubject: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:04 am

Anyone heard of pokemon black and blue?

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

At this point, PETA crossed a line. The Poe line. I can't tell anymore if they're serious about animal mistreatment and objectification, or if they've turned into a parody of themselves. Silly ain't the word I'd use for pokemon black and blue: that parody's got more blood than some animes, it can't be kid-friendly, and if you're aiming it at kids, you MIGHT be trying to shock 'em straight... but it looks more like they have a fetish for gore and someone wanted to see Nurse Jenny covered in blood.

From what I hear, this isn't the first time PETA does something that can be taken the wrong way. I'll give them the benefit of doubt, and suppose they meant more to remind people that they were still not happy about animal mistreatment than to actually deliver a heavy-handed, bloodstained message, because right now, the only message I got is that PETA does some gory games and supports animals attacking people in the name of freedom. Pokemon don't exist for their own reasons, they're pixels on a screen with some awfully thick layers of anti-tampering and authentication. What's next, are they going to protest Monster Hunter?
Back to top Go down
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:05 am

Wow... What the hell is going on with PETA now XD
Also are they even allowed to make this game? O.o
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:35 am

Indeed. When I found out I just lol'd.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
AzureJass
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
AzureJass

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 9:50 am

PETA are professional trolls, they'll do anything to get you attention.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Decently-made at least, though. Seems like a somewhat fun game for not-kids. ^^; Though that is a little ridiculously dark. I mean, seriously. Pokemon is supposed to be fun and exciting. And also about a guy who's fought through multiple Pokemon Leagues suddenly losing all of his experience and acting like a total noob all over for some reason. x.X
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Talking about animal mistreatment? Happy Tree Friends. That is all.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Yeah PETA, go along with your stupid campaign about Pokemon depiction, it's not like there's real animal mistreatment that you could be looking into
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:57 pm

There's a starving cat that got put down and thrown in the trash because Peta didn't have the funds to care for it.

Meanwhile, this comes out.

Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:04 am

http://dailyfailcenter.com/sites/default/files/fail/5205275_700b.jpg
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 am

Thywolf wrote:
http://dailyfailcenter.com/sites/default/files/fail/5205275_700b.jpg

I am confused to as what their intention is there scratch

If I had to guess from what I already know of PETA, they are proberly campaigning against the depiction of animals as furries and what normally happens to them.

But the message that I am actually getting when I see that is that they are using Furries to try to promote animal love by making them damn sexy, but that could just be me being perverted
Back to top Go down
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Isn't this kind of what Pokemon is really all about, though? Just endless, useless cockfighting that involves pitting innocent wild animals that were abducted from their environment against each other for the amusement of a bunch of hooligans who can't even be bothered to go to school?

Last edited by Nickonaquamagna on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:22 am

I can't say I can speak for the Pokemon crowd as I am not a fan, but it has been my understanding that the Pokemon never actually really suffer from the Pokemon battles, it's more of an rough and tumble play that even the pokemon enjoy (apprantly) rather than a blood sport.

Don't ask me why the society depicted in this world revolves around this sport though, I know it's to promote the card and video games that the franchise is based on, but I hate when these franchises can't be arsed to disguise their intentions a little.

But that isn't the point, most fans of the Pokemon francise haven't grown into sadists that enjoy hurting animals, so PETA shoulden't be wasting their time on something that is clearly ficiton and that only someone already mentally disturbed would take seriously to the point of trying to apply it to reality.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 am

It was something aimed at little kids, and kids don't like school. They made kids seem big and independent by making them able to take care of themselves at the age of 10, not even go to elementary school, and train and look after numerous creatures they keep in a fantastical device that doesn't make any sense.

If anyone seriously tries to make sense of that, or analyze the show, or whatever...then they're obviously not looking at the simplest of facts. I shouldn't even need to explain the main things that are wrong with the first two sentences.

As a result though, those who liked pokemon and continued playing it grew up like us, and started thinking more about the show, a show which was meant to make little kids think they can take of themselves at ten years old, and win in the adult world by beating the elite four.

If anything, to be a pokemon trainer you'd probably have to show that you're good at a few subjects before you get a license, and probably go through some basic classes. Similar to how people take a certain test that lets them skip high school altogether. Or in Japan how high school is optional. [though Ash is a dumbass, so that cant be true. angel ]

DarkOne wrote:
But that isn't the point, most fans of the Pokemon francise haven't grown into sadists that enjoy hurting animals, so PETA shoulden't be wasting their time on something that is clearly ficiton and that only someone already mentally disturbed would take seriously to the point of trying to apply it to reality.
That's because they depicted pokemon and people as friends, and ignored a lot of potentially dangerous questions. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, PETA goofed again.   So, PETA goofed again. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, PETA goofed again.
Page 1 of 1