Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maelstrom of Darkness

Go down 
+4
Darth_Nergal
The Ultimate
Mortis
Zephyr102
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Leila looked over at Bale with a slightly surprised expression. "You're a healer then? Well now, I haven't run into someone who chose the healing route in a long time. Most people I meet are more like that guy." She motioned at Mort. "It is very nice to meet you. Heh, you'll probably end up being more valuable to our group then even...um..." She turned to Persephone. "I am sorry, we haven't even properly introduced ourselves. My name is Leila. What are all of yours?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Persephone was the first to respond.
"I'm Persephone! Nice to meet you...?" Suddenly it occurred to her the degree to which it was silly that none of them had been introduced. It was understandable that such pleasantries had taken a backseat to getting to work against Demechrelle... but all the same, wouldn't it have been worth a bit of effort to screen everyone for any obvious potential traitors?
In any case, now that her introduction was made, she started to look over the transport. For the moment she couldn't examine the gunnery too closely, but it seemed useful enough and the thing wasn't in bad shape overall. She waited for the rest of the group to finish the introductions before getting in.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 am

"My name is Minare but I told you before you may call me whatever you please as long as I know you are referring to me." The Shakala said following Mort aboard the ship.

"I am always serious when it comes to training and learning. I'm more worried about you taking this mission seriously." She glared at. "Like I said before I could care less about this Demechrelle, there is always someone on top. Just as the guardians fell, she will too or destroy all life and in which case why should I care? I'll be dead." She explained again.

"Going into something saying we are going to win because we are 'heroes' is stupid and infantile. Whatever title you appoint yourself will not stop you from being eaten. If I call myself a god that hardly makes it so. Hard work, and determination can make you stronger. I need to know will you be dellusional the whole time? because if you are I think I'm wasting my time trying to learn anything from you."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:25 am

Kira, having found what she was looking for, returned to the courtyard just in time to hear Minare speaking.

"Well, you're sure starting this thing off on the right foot," she said sarcastically. "Good to know we're good at this whole 'teambuilding' stuff."
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 pm

"I'm not here to build a team." Minare replied not offended by the sarcasm. "I am here to find a teacher, to help hone my skills nothing more. I'm only helping because Mort has asked me to. Though I am questioning if he should be my master at all."
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 am

"Master, master, master! Do you even listen to yourself?"

Said Mort, talking to Minare

"Honestly, I couldn't care less if I was your master. All I care about is kicking Demechrelle's ass so life can return to some semblance of normality. Besides, its not like you could learn my abilities anyway. What I do, is not something that can be added to your collection of techniques just by studying and practicing!"

He appeared to look into the distance for a few seconds, before snapping back to reality.

"Lets just go shall we? Otherwise we'll end up tearing each others throats out. And while that does sound like fun, if we all die then who is gonna stop Demechrelle?"
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Armelle was beginning to regret this tactic of gathering volunteers to fight against the Dark Queen: perhaps it would be better to simply mass the Fist's remaining troops and leaving Negav's defenses in the hands of engineers for the night... no, even if her soldiers could gather up the Guardians, the losses would be too great. Still, these men, women, and... other... might be able to do something.

"Kill the engines on the ship. You're not ready to move out yet. Follow Steel Blood to the armory if you need armor or weapons. She'll accompany you when she gets her body repaired." The Commander directed that to the android as an order, not a suggestion, earning an electronic groan from the woman, followed by a curt "Aye, Sir."

The transport's engines began to whine down, several engineers coming out of the Headquarters doors wheeling carts bristling with long belts of 20mm ammunition for the four autocannon atop and under the ship.

"To anyone not coming with me, we leave in an hour, sooner if at all possible. No point rushing if it's going to get us all killed." The android began walking alongside Armelle into the large building, slowing up for anyone to follow who was going to.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 am

"So be it." Minare replied with a shrug to Mort. "Then I shall find someone else to study under, do well on your mission." The Shakala turned to leave them all to their quest. She wasn't going to go fight with them if their was no one to learn under, no point in dying for nothing she cared for. Walking to get out of the ship before they took off.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:03 pm

"Do you know any lightning magic?" Kira asked Minare as she walked past. Despite how much this woman's selfish attitude pissed her off, she wasn't about to let a potential ally go without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 pm

"No." Minare replies slightly intrigued and stops in her tracks to hear what Kira had to say.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:15 pm

"Well, if you stick around and help us out, I'll teach you what I know when we're done needing you. Those are my terms."

Kira had her arms crossed, and her serious/tired face on. If this didn't work, she'd have to think of another offer, maybe. Or just let it go due to it not being worth the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Leila saluted Armelle. "Understood Ma'am." She watched the commander leave, then turned to see Minare leaving. A neko that Leila thought she recognized offered to teach the woman some lightning magic, and the fairy decided to make an offer as well "I'd be willing to teach you some magic too. I won't be able to teach you any size changing magic...but I can teach you other kinds of magic. It could be useful."
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 pm

Bale watched them try to convince her with half closed eyes, she would rot. She was in it for herself, trying to better herself in a black world, so she would rot. What's the point of being a diamond if there's nothing left to admire you, you shine in the black and eventually fade out like all other light. I've already rotted on the outside, i can't shine, but i survive, and i will far longer than her... She can learn her fighting, her magics...shine in the black, but sooner or later, like all things, she'll fade, and then she'll wish she had fought the black, and given herself room to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 am

Minare was thinking about what Kira offered, when Leila offered something too. The Shakala was caught off guard, they seemed so angry before as if they could careless if she left and now two were offering to teach her. She felt they deserved just as nice gesture, now what was it people did to show they were happy? Oh yeah smile. Minare gave them both a big toothy grin. "Thank you both. I wish to learn to lightning from you." She said motioning to Kira. "Is it alright if I learn some magic from the fairy as well?" She considered Kira her new teacher, and was unsure if she would be okay with her trying to learn from another.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 am

"I don't care as long as you get the job done," Kira said. She didn't smile back - she hated that she had to make any offer in the first place and still considered Minare probably not one of the best people for the job, but she knew the more the better. Or, she hoped at least. Besides, she was too tired to smile anyway.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:55 am

"Then I'll get the job done." Minare said getting rid of her smile. It didn't feel right to smile anyway and went back to the others ready to leave when they were.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Kira followed behind Minare as she followed the others following Steel Blood to the armory in the building. Upon arriving to the large room, the group would see that it was actually much barer than it should be. There were a number of empty gun racks along the walls, though a variety of close-range weapons were still present. Besides what was out in the open, there were also numerous large containers housing weapons as well - some being more empty gun containers, others housing single, quite large and unwieldy-looking weapons. There were also a few bags of throwing items like small bombs and such hanging from hooks. All in all, it did seem like a good portion of the weaponry was not present.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 pm

"The collapse of the Dimensional Gate, as well as the danger of moving around, has made it next to impossible to replenish our resources. Mort, you might be able to find a Kevlar vest that fits you, but please, everyone try to remember that the armory is not just for you. Take what you absolutely need." The android walked over to a nearby locker, pulling out what appeared to be a human woman's head. "Kira, could you help me swap out?" She sat down on a bench, and a seam separating her torso and head became visible. Steel Blood nonchalantly pulled her head off and set it on her side opposite the replacement as she awaited assistance.

---

Armelle was already mildly annoyed by the Shakala: she seemed to underestimate just how important it was that Felarya remain in the light, under the watchful eyes of the Guardians. Still, the girl seemed flighty and easily offended, and while those traits would normally preclude her from associating with the Fist, the Commander had had to make even more unpleasant concessions in recent memory.
"Tell me, Persephone: why do you think your talents are better suited to leading your allies than fighting alongside them?" The untested woman was certainly of interest to the Commander. "Can you handle yourself in a direct confrontation?" Armelle placed a hand on the shaft of the halberd slung across her back, not drawing it yet, but waiting for Persephone's answer.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 am

Leila entered behind the armory a few moments after Armelle asked Persephone the question of why she thought she would make a good leader. The fairy paused, curious to hear what Persephone's answer would be.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Kira accepted Steel Blood's request equally casually. She walked up behind her, and lifted her replacement head up by the sides of the jaws. She held it forward while she connected the spinal column in her neck to the port in the head, then let the rest do what it does.

"I know I've said this before, but it is so cool that you can do this," Kira commented. She was lucky she'd gotten all her gushing about Steel Blood over with those years ago, or she'd be embarrassing herself right now. Well, not that it wasn't embarrassing back then. "Ty Ty can't even take her stupid hat off. Even her admittedly-adorable outfit it welded onto her."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 pm

"Th-thanks..." Steel Blood's current head was far more human, and capable of blushing, as it were. "Ahem." She stood, the seam where her head and neck separated slowly disappearing. "Alright, everyone who's going to go find Nemyra, get yourselves together. The ship will be ready soon, and we need to move quickly."
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 am

"Move quickly..." Bale looked down at his feet, scuffing one against the floor. 'These will do fine for now...they can be fixed later, but get yourselves together...I am already together, i checked. Maybe get together with the others? Get together to go where?' He shook his head, then hung it, clasping his hands to his temples. 'Rotten brain...' He wandered closer to the others, eyeing them nervously. The second time he passed over them, his eyes twitched back and forth between steel blood and kira. He paused an extra moment to look them over, his eyes began slowly widening until they couldn't any more and his gaze locked on kira. He immediately sat down, crossing his legs, and slinging his backpack into his lap. He began to slowly rummage through it, though his moon eyed gaze never left her. He stayed particularly focused on her face. "Are you...." He whispered to himself.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 am

"I am ready to depart. What you have here I either have no idea of how to use or would rather keep my own." Minare answered as she gathered to get ready to leave ready when everyone else was.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 am

"No probs, cyborg," Kira said, walking from Steel Blood. Fuck she loved androids. They were almost as cool as cyborgs. She didn't stop as she realized she just made an inaccurate comment about Steel Blood, and continued towards one of the large weapons containers in the room. She did stop, however, as she felt Bale's stare burning a figurative hole in her cheek, and heard his whisper reach her sensitive neko ears. She turned and looked to him, seeing how fixated he seemed to be on her. She supposed maybe he recognized her from somewhere? She wished she could say the same. She shrugged it off, however, and continued to the container.

"Alright, don't be afraid to have a nice look around. It's a little bare-bones right now; like Steel Blood said, we haven't been able to resupply and most of what we do have is being used to guard the city. But there are a few cool things here that nobody seems to want to use..."

Kira opened up the container, who's side slid horizontally. Kira lifted up a pair of metal shields that were at least 4 and a half feet tall, three feet wide, and half a foot thick. Even Kira, with her enhanced strength, had to put effort into lifting each of them with one arm. She turned to the group with a grin on her face, hoping someone would be interested in her invention for a change.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:36 am

Minare noted the grin on Kira's face and she had two shields. Was one intended for her? She wasn't the type to use a shield but if it was part of training. "Master are one of those for me? Or if there something I should use instead of my regular gear to help me become a better warrior?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maelstrom of Darkness
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next