Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maelstrom of Darkness

Go down 
+4
Darth_Nergal
The Ultimate
Mortis
Zephyr102
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:50 pm

"Just wait a moment, I want to have everyone gathered first." She said to the Storm Sprite.

"Alright, everyone off. Rides' over." Narcisse knelt down so his passengers could hop off.

Armelle surveyed the group dismounting from the Dridder and Fairy's care. Not a unified band of soldiers, but those were in short supply, and a certain level of individuality might be vital for this mission anyway. She shook Kira's confetti from her person, brushing it from her hair with her fingers before getting ready to start speaking.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Minare promptly took her place at Mort's right hand as any good student should. She didn't trust these people still and if they attacked she wanted to be next to her ally, so they would stand a better chance of surviving.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Sorry I've been rather quiet, had a lot of stuff going on IRL lately, and there hasn't been much for Persephone to say anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:29 pm

(If she was riding with the dridder, getting off would be one thing. And then maybe taking in her surroundings? Please don't let this die, I really like this RP. DX)
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Mort assembled with the others in front of the captain. He looked to his left, and noticed that Minare was standing right next to him. Did she really take this student thing seriously? Its not like he could actually teach her any dark magic. Well... He could. But she would have to pay a heavy price... Regardless, Mort eyed the captain and decided to introduce himself in his usual manner.

"Greetings. I assume you are the captain of the guard. You may call me Mortis."

He smiled and brushed some of the grime from his armor. Suddenly, he dropped his elegant manner and got straight down to business, almost sounding like a different person.

"First off, If you are looking for mercenaries to go and personally shove a boot up Demechrelle's arse, I'm in. BUT! If I succeed, I want (Insert very large amount of money here). Now we got that out of the way, I must say you look pretty damn fine despite being the captain of the guard. Do actually do any fighting or do you just sign things, look pretty and generally boss people around?"

His arrogance was apparent. He brushed more grime from his armor and saw a chunk of rotten leather go with it.

"Oh and a new suit of armor as well I think."
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Bale simply stood by, quietly observing them all, a faded smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 am

Leila shrunk down to Human size once her passengers were off. She stood at attention, looking right into the Captain's eyes and waited to be addressed. As she waited she did a mental evaluation of the woman. The Captain seemed strong enough, and there was that fire in her eyes that told you she would be one of the last people standing if it came down to a desperate fight. Though she seemed to be pretty beaten up, almost like she had been hit by something hard. 'She probably got hurt in the raid from last night.' Leila thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Armelle was taken aback by Mortis' forwardness, his arrogance. Still, she sighed and said to the man, "You'll have your armor, and Negav will pay you back for your services with interest once this is over and things have stabilized, but you have to do your job before you get paid. And I'll admit I haven't been on the front lines in a long time, but then I'm the one keeping this whole effort running smoothly, figuring out where aid is needed most, maintaining diplomatic relations with beings that would normally want to eat you, things like that. Don't assume I stay within the city due to cowardice. Commander Kamlon selected me to be his successor after he retired because I know how to manage an army, not because of the number of notches on my halberd." Her blue eyes seemed to brighten as she spoke, but once she finished responding to the impetuous man, they returned to their tired, glazed state. "Now then..." Armelle stepped back to address the entire group.

"You were probably told that if you came here, you'd be able to save this world. I'm not going to get anyone's hopes up confirming that. But, it's a possibility, and probably our only shot at this point. You might wonder why we're not sending our own members out to do this. The short answer is, we don't have the manpower or the freedom to divert what we do have to these kinds of gambles."

The woman sighed, momentarily lost in thought. The past two years had seen 75% of the Fist killed or worse, swallowed by the dark and turned against us, made into ever-resurrecting abominations they had no choice but to blast into pieces.

"Déméchrelle is back, awake after the seal on her failed or faded. You probably all knew that. What puzzled us at first was, why she was able to do this kind of damage? The assumption we're operating under is, the Queen of the Night managed to overpower the force that put her to sleep in the first place... the Guardians, who normally keep the world in balance, are out of commission."

She allowed a moment for this to sink in.

"The Guardians are not gods, but they are damned close. We don't know how she acquired the power to overcome them, but our immediate concern isn't with this. I called you here to give you a mission, the success of which might, might be able to tip things into our favor. As the presence of a Dridder or a Fairy in Negav should make obvious, relations between what would normally be called predators and prey is doing pretty damned well. It was thanks to this development that the Fairies, normally considered to be the apex predators on Felarya, thought to inform us that their Queen, Nemyra, is still alive, but trapped in her own palace somewhere in the Fairy kingdom. If Déméchrelle couldn't kill her, it's possible the other Guardians are still alive as well.

Your mission is to find them, free them, and recruit them to our cause. They will want to restore the old order of things, predators eating prey as usual, and while I personally don't much like that, it beats the hell out of a possible endless night and enslavement."

She turned around, getting ready to return to her base of operations. Steel Blood or Kira knew enough to answer any other questions at this point, and Armelle had a city to keep alive.

"You first target will be the Fairy Queen herself. The Fist can spare an air-transport and access to our armory, but you will have to get your feet on the ground at some point. The pilot will get you as close as possible. As soon as possible, move out and find Nemyra's current location, and free her from her imprisonment. Godspeed."

She began to walk away just as the aforementioned transport craft entered view, setting down on the central yard.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Leila nodded and gave Armelle a salute. "Ma'am yes ma'am." It boiled her blood to think that the Fairy Queen, HER Queen, was trapped in her palace. Sure Leila didn't have any super special love for the Fairy Kingdom, but she was still a Fairy and Nemyra was still the Queen. "I am ready to go as soon as the others are Ma'am. I think you will find that I already have weapons of my own, and armor normally doesn't help a Fairy. Also, I will not require payment for my services, as this goes far beyond a normal job." She wondered what Nergal would say if he knew that she was about to try and put an end to the destruction and chaos. She snorted to herself. "He'd probably applaud me for doing trying to restore order to a chaotic world. Damn nutter." She eyed her companions. The man who had spoken seemed like someone she would not end up liking. His arrogance might get them in trouble. She resolved then and there that, if it came down to it, she would sacrifice him in order to complete the mission, if necessary. Though she would do her best to avoid such a situation.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 pm

"I'll be honest, I know better than to say I'll help out for free. But I'm not greedy or in dire need of anything currently. All I require for reward is to always have a comfortable place to stay when I come here. A summer home, in effect, someplace where I won't have to worry about my privacy when I need it," added Persephone, the conversation seeming to be at the appropriate point for such an announcement.
Then she noticed the transport approaching.
"Actually, if it's not too much trouble, I'd prefer to take a back-seat role on this one," she said to Armelle, who had more or less made herself out to be the leader. "I can tell you know the value of a good strategist. There'll be a means for everyone to stay in contact, correct? For battlefield coordination and so forth? I won't be so presumptuous as to presume I'm worthy of your trust right off the bat, but I'd be glad of the opportunity to prove myself as an assistant commander, or perhaps a field commander, your eyes on the battlefield. Is that alright with you?" She knew she was taking a gamble here, attempting to climb the ladder of authority so fast, but at present she was filled with a certain bloodthirsty fire and wanted to get herself behind some real heavy artillery, in a sense, and get this mission done with.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:58 pm

"Yeah yeah yeah..." Said Mort after Armelle had spoken. "You like to talk don't you? No wonder Demechrelle has been unbound all these years. The captain of the guard was far too busy going on and on and on, but actually doing nothing."

He looked over at the others. Specifically Persephone.

"Yeah... You can go and talk along with chatterbox over here. I don't know why you'd want to choose to flick switches and push buttons rather than taste the thrill of close combat. But whatever."
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 pm

bale cocked his head to the side and stared at mort, a single thought coming to mind. 'this one is going to die.'
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 3:21 pm

"Hey loudmouth! Heads up!!"

From far over by a doorway leading into the courtyard came a fist-sized steel sphere, headed straight for Mort's far-too-loose pie hole. Kira was not about to let her boss, even if she was kind of a tight-ass, be talked to that way, much less by some guy.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Minare caught that shout and instantly jumped to her master's defense. She lifted her Scorpisais Claw gauntlet to block the metal sphere from hitting Mort. The Shakala had no idea if this would damage her scavenged shield or if the attack was enchanted some way but she did know, that she would rather take the hit than let her master be harmed. He had yet to teach her anything.

Also she agreed with what some of what he had said. Talk didn't matter much to her only action, and learning new skills.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Mort heard the challenging yell, and turned to see the metal sphere headed towards him. It would have normally hit him, but because whoever threw the sphere was an idiot and decided to say: "Heads up!", he would be able to dodge it. But just before he moved, he saw his new "Apprentice" stand in front of him, preparing to take the hit.

Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:29 am

The plain ball of steel hit the shakala's claw with resounding force - possibly enough to knock Minare down, but not enough to break her weapon - then dropped to the ground with a metallic thud.

Kira really didn't care whether her warning hit the guy or not, as long as he got the message. If he kept it up, she would make sure she didn't miss with whatever she chose to throw at him next time.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Minare managed to stay on her feet but she was very surprised at the force. "That was impressive neko. Did you do that with strength alone? Or was there an enchantment as well?" She sounded very interested in the strength perhaps the neko should be her master instead. She could boost her strength even higher with that type of training or spells at her disposal.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:53 pm

"Alright, alright." Said Mort. clapping his hands slowly. "Enough with these childish games. Lets get a move on shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Armelle turned back around, curious about this aspiring mercenary. “So, you think yourself a rising captain of men, do you?” She asked, one eyebrow raised.

Before she could continue however, a series of events began to unfold, starting with some inflammatory comments aimed at her by the scruffy-looking one. She wasn’t easily angered, even in her own sleep-deprived state, but Kira clearly needed to spend the next eleven and a half hours of daylight that would be coming in bed.

A steel ball was thrown, and blocked, and then the scruffy one of all people tried to end the squabble. “Kira! You stay your hand as well!” The woman commanded, before turning to Persephone.

“I believe we may have just the place for you, actually.” She said, realizing a field commander would be beneficial for these missions. “That transport is hardly a barebones vehicle.” Armelle pointed out the various weapons and other accessories that had been affixed to its’ hull. “It contains a suite of cameras and various other sensors that will allow you to direct the movements of your allies up until they enter Nemyra’s palace, the location of which we have narrowed down to three locations. Your allies will have to be dropped in clearings near the target zones, which are too thickly covered to observe directly. You will direct their movements and assist them with vehicle-mounted weapons against the creatures that attack them.”

It seemed a good compromise. The crude AI on the ship would need a human hand to help control the weapons more effectively, and this woman could try to earn Armelle’s favor.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:53 pm

(Can't post a long post atm but: Awesome!)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 am

"I don't have t--" was all Kira could speak of her retort before she was yelled at. Her ears flattened as she scowled in Armelle's direction. She absolutely hated being told what to do. She complied anyway, though, for the preservation of her job, and out of respect for the commander. But she did so bitterly, with a mumbled "whatever". She retreated from the doorway back into the building, looking for something her team had recently completed.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Leila scowled at her new "companions". If this was how unprofessional they were going to act then she may as well call it quits and eat them now and offer herself to Dermechelle's group. She focused on the Mort fellow and the woman who had defended him. "Listen, the Commander is right. We need the eyes and ears just as much as we need your steel. In fact, I'd be willing to say we need fewer people like you, and more people like her. Running off half-assed into a fight without getting as much information as possible before hand is a sure-fire way to die. It doesn't matter if you're as strong as a Guardian. I mean look at what happened to them. They were strong, but they apparently didn't do as much research as they should have and have been defeated."
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Mort looked at Leila and laughed at her words.

"Don't be rediculous! We're a band of heros right? Now, I don't know much about heros but don't they always win in the end? There you go. That settles it."

He loosened the straps on his armor plates and let them drop to the floor.

"No point in wearing this." He muttered to himself. "Where we are going it'll just slow me down. Its garbage anyway."

He walked towards the transport and leant against it.

"Come on then. We might be heros but if we stand around talking all day, I'm liable to die from boredom."

He motioned at Minare to come to him

"Hey uh... Whatever your name was. You serious about this whole master student thing? Cos' I'm willing to teach if you are willing to learn. Though I doubt you'll have what it takes to learn from me. I'll give you a crash course on the way there."
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Leila laughed coldly. "Heroes? Really? Do you know how many people I've eaten who called themselves heroes? More then I can count, and certainly more then you would want to know. My job used to literally be "Protect the base, keep out thieves, and eat any hero that breaks in"." Leila followed Mort and sighed internally. If there was one thing she missed about working for Nergal it was the level of professionalism in the group. No disrespecting your superior officers, no false beliefs that you were perfectly safe and unbeatable. Of course this could be his way of psyching himself out and getting ready for the upcoming mission. It didn't matter though, disrespecting her current superior officer was not a good mark in Leila's book, and dissing the job of survalience was even worse.

She turned to Persephone. "You ready? Because your job will be the most important out of all of us. We will be relying on you." She smiled. "You'll do an excellent job though, I just know it."
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Bale returned his vacant gaze to the ground when mort spoke of heroes...They had run out of heroes a long time ago, rabble was all that's left. Like rats, hiding in a gutter, one or two won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, we needed to keep hiding, strike only at opportune moments...Now was not that moment, so why have I come...why do I do anything...Lost, maybe i'm just lost in this land of shadows and darkness, and need a path...they can provide that, even if it is a path to the grave. He raised his head for just a moment, and cracked his mouth open before rasping out. "I...I can fix those broken by wounds, and do small amounts of fighting, but if i have any use, it's not in direct combat..." He resumed examining the group with a blank face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom of Darkness   Maelstrom of Darkness - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maelstrom of Darkness
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next