Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Other Kingdoms.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

The Other Kingdoms. Empty
PostSubject: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 pm

This is about cultures and kingdoms outside of Negav. Negav has a lot of various places within the city, and can still use plenty of ideas for food, celebratory events, possibly art and music related things as well to make it seem like more than just a cluster of buildings.

On that note, Felarya can use A LOT more in the herbs department, and less in just animals, I think we even have a dozen or so fruits? Maybe we could use more of that too, but that isn't what this is about.

Like I said, there are other cultures around Felarya aside from the humans such as Fairies and Dridders. Both are known for having complex societies, and just because there isn't a lot on them right now doesn't make it any less so. Negav used to be just as blank as the Fairy Kingdom right now - which consists of a library, a palace, and a town. Look at Negav now. There's a lot on it.

Heck, I've spoken with Karbo, and I've brought up a question a while back about Naga culture. I remember him saying there was one in the past, but he wouldn't say any more than that. I assume he has his ideas on it, but I also think he's having a hard time making it just the right way - and a lot of the time ideas he gets he gets from even the non-canonized ones that he reads around the forum, or a story he reads. By looking at how multiple other people see something, it opens the way for a more interesting idea.

So there it is. We need to work on posting ideas about other cultures, probably focus on expanding Dridder and Fairy cultures and Kingdoms/Cities/etc, and moving on to others. I know there aren't a whole lot of Kingdoms out there, but they don't need to necessarily be actual kingdoms, as when we ever get to societies and cultures of other predatory races like Nagas, Chlaenas, etc, tribes and social customs also work. Any ideas at all will be useful. There's fourteen registered users online right now, if we all come up with even a little something, it'd be a lot of ideas and inspiration to expand from! I know we can do this.

You can post your ideas here, or in your own threads and what not. Or we can discuss ideas here as well, concepts to use that other people can draw help from. So any of you who are bad at making ideas can post here asking for help regarding some sort of even vague concept you want to work on and we can help ya. Smile

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:28 am

Well okay, recently I've been think of how Fairy courtship could work, since many live in the fairy kingdom i would think there would be at least some system behind it.

'Nookie Playmates'

While faires can be quite relaxed with who or what they choose to mate with, many faries find themselves having a "Nookie Playmate" that they like spending their time with more than others. Due to many faries having childish attitudes, it's quite common for a fairy to get possessive over a playmate and doen't like him/her playing with other faries if it comes at their expence. Therefore it is a unwritten rule that faries should at least try to stick to one 'Nookie Playmate' to avoid bitter temperments. Though this rule is more of a guideline and isn't really enforced.

When a fairy sees a potential mate, it will introduce itself and at some point boast how good at catching prey it is, and will then offer to prove it and give the caught creature to it's mate as a present. The more difficult the prey is to find the more impressed the mate will be, so humans and Nekos are often prized targets.

Once the fairy has proven him/herself, they will often accompany their potential mate, becoming partners in crime when it came to hunting and playing pranks. After a while, once they are quite comfortable with each other, they might decide to become 'Nookie playmates' and might even make a 'Nookie Promise' which is a promise that they won't mate with anyone else. This would normaly involve involve giving each other something to remind each other of this promise, typicaly simple ribbons worn around the wist. A fairy that breaks this promise does so at their own peril, facing the consequances of a very upset playmate. When this happens the betrayed playmate will magicaly burn the cheater's promise ribbon, while he/she is still wearing it
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:26 am

Seems like a good idea, but I admit to having no clue what a fairy would wear once they become engaged. I don't think a ribbon quite works either...but...we could play with a tattoo as an idea since many fairies have them (a lot don't though). I know the "ring" marriage comes from ancient egyptians knowing that the vein connecting from the ring finger leads to the artery which of course leads to the heart. Fairies might have a similar thing, but maybe for the wings, saying they're closer to the soul or something. If anything it should have some deep meaning behind it like that, or so I feel.

There's also the wedding party, and who marries them. Not sure about that either, but you have a good start here.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 am

Mabye Faries create a form of tattoo on the wings? A unique pattern that they design themselves and therefore is uniqe only to the couple. I am assuming of course that they would be able to do that in a way that doesn't damage the wings themselves

I am not so sure if Faries would feel the need for someone to marry them or to ask permission from an authority, Faries tend to do whatever the hell they like so I would have thought they would see such rituals as slow and unneccasary. I think they would just agree to be partners and then they would announce it to everyone else followed with a party. As long as noone objects at any point, then the partnership is considered offical.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 am

Quote :
I am not so sure if Faries would feel the need for someone to marry them or to ask permission from an authority, Faries tend to do whatever the hell they like so I would have thought they would see such rituals as slow and unneccasary. I think they would just agree to be partners and then they would announce it to everyone else followed with a party. As long as noone objects at any point, then the partnership is considered offical.

DarkOne, that sounds excellent. Maybe that can be elaborated on, somehow.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:37 pm

This is more or less how I pictured Soinee and Derek (with less announcements and parting), but some how I see other fairies like Mara needing a bit more of ritual.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
This is more or less how I pictured Soinee and Derek (with less announcements and parting), but some how I see other fairies like Mara needing a bit more of ritual.

Yeah I do think that some would like a ritual and I'm very unsure how to do that :V
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Other Kingdoms.   The Other Kingdoms. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Other Kingdoms.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: