Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Humaniods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:06 am

I've often wondered why in the Felarya universe there are so many speices that almost look human, the obvious answer of course is that it's hard to base a fetish around creature's that don't look remotely human.

But still from a narrative sense it's still something to ponder about, what are the chances that so many speices throughout the Felarya universe would look so simular to each other?

The only answer that makes sense to me, is that mabye all human like creatures actually orginate from a single ancester and broke off into their own respective speices through evoultion, this includes humans. Meaning that humans share the same ancient ancestors as Nagas, Faries, Dridders and so on.

Perhaps humans outside Felarya are just races that somehow found themselves warped to outside worlds by the unstable nature of Felarya when they were still primitive and developed their own cultures on their new homes, by the time we come to modern man, the fact that they too orginate from Felarya had long since been forgoten.

This would explain how humans became dominant in their own worlds, they are infact Felarya creatures unleashed to worlds unprepared for the predatory intelligance that humans inherited from their more larger counterparts. Without an another sapient predator to compete against, humans became too relaxed in their superiority and became reliant on being the only competing sapient race.

Last edited by DarkOne on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Convergent evolution could also be a possibility for some.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:11 pm

I had a theory on it, for a story I never began in the end- wanted to do a hard sci-fi one, you know, like what Christopher Nolan made of Batman with his Dark Knight trilogy. However, it has too many similarities with Monster Girl Encyclopedia, so... don't expect it to be too smart.

Basically, I wondered why in all the variety of the multivarse, we follow a Felarya, a heaven and a hell that look so much like everyone was a rubber forehead and prosthetics alien. Well, my assumption was that either they all descended from humans or no one did. And if no one did, why do all those weirdos look the same?

The only explanation I could come up with also served to explain the immortality, but it did not work for the fairy size changing, so I decided not to write that story after all. Basically, I assumed that Felaryan predators aren't ANYTHING human, not even close. They aren't ANYTHING like the animals they resemble, either. I thought they were actually hosts for a retrovirus that, similarly to FEV in Fallout, gets into your cells and scrambles the code so much that you can't be arsed to catch any other virus anymore [FEV would be lethal in real life, as any change in the proteins expressed would no longer be of any use to the rest of the organism]. The low virulence of this retrovirus renders it sterile almost as soon as one leaves Felarya, thus explaining why you don't continue to be unassailable by viruses once you're out [fails to explain why bacterial diseases still affect you].

The preds use this highly mutable virus to gather genetic material from contact with LIVE carriers- hence eating humans alive has made their offspring express human characteristics [fails to explain why they don't express characteristics from any other animal; it's not like Crisis eats one snake for every person she eats], but dormant within their DNA ribbons lie generations of other sentient species they've mimicked over the aeons [unlikely; DNA doesn't work that way], which rarely manifest; if forced to code phenotypes during embryogenesis, we'd see a naga egg develop into a half-snake creature which is also drop-dead sexy... say, for a starfish. If I had to follow this theory through, I'd say that the other half, the one that isn't human, was a part of them hundreds of aeons before, probably so hardwired into their DNA that they will continue to express it no matter what race they mimic: so they are, for instance, snakes with a head that transforms quickly over generations, or snails with a head that transforms quickly over generations, or anything like that. Viral taurs.

This won't explain the magical powers tho.

Ain't that a scary thought?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm

I never felt like sharing it because I have a feeling it has no chance of being accepted by Karbo or the community, but a hypothesis I've had privately is that Felarya, its hybrids, and probably even its magic are the creations of a genetic engineer who lived long, long ago. He probably had a vore fetish, given the way things are.
So basically Felarya was made by Karbo xD
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:17 am

parameciumkid wrote:
I never felt like sharing it because I have a feeling it has no chance of being accepted by Karbo or the community, but a hypothesis I've had privately is that Felarya, its hybrids, and probably even its magic are the creations of a genetic engineer who lived long, long ago. He probably had a vore fetish, given the way things are.
So basically Felarya was made by Karbo xD

Yeah that most likely won't make it as canon, mostly because the film 'Prometheus' has done that idea XD
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Another alternative is divine origin. Forget for a minute about evolution and let's go with intelligent design instead. If you can wrap your head around a creator who basically wanted to make humans, for whatever reason, and that some of his creations chose to corrupt his piece de resistance by mixing it around with other stuff... well, that might work at explaining why all the half-humanity out there.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Then their is the mufti-dimentional panspermia method, basically humans migrated over time to many different worlds over many realities, or magically developed (divine intervention or not) via strong sympathy (a magical term referring to like affecting like). Basically why would their be so many, because humans spread like cockroaches, as for things like hybrids... yeah they probably didn't develop completely naturally, but by magical means.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Humaniods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humaniods   Humaniods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Humaniods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: