Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community map

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Community map Empty
PostSubject: Community map   Community map Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Felarya really needs a community map...

It's a thing that I think would be awesome. Some kind of site with a big map of Felarya, on which we can click and place our own locations (I imagine there'd have to be a registration/approval step so that random noobs don't put crap all over it). Anyone who wants to make up a story or add a location could look at the map and click the locations to read about them, or just have a visual aid so as to see where all the locations are what areas could use more development.

Not that I have any idea how to implement this or enforce quality standards, but I'm just sayin'. Because I like your settings but I don't want to learn about every new setting by having to hunt it down and read about it in a forum thread, y'know?
sigh...
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Community map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community map   Community map Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:40 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
Felarya really needs a community map...

It's a thing that I think would be awesome. Some kind of site with a big map of Felarya, on which we can click and place our own locations (I imagine there'd have to be a registration/approval step so that random noobs don't put crap all over it). Anyone who wants to make up a story or add a location could look at the map and click the locations to read about them, or just have a visual aid so as to see where all the locations are what areas could use more development.

Not that I have any idea how to implement this or enforce quality standards, but I'm just sayin'. Because I like your settings but I don't want to learn about every new setting by having to hunt it down and read about it in a forum thread, y'know?
sigh...

Oooh so that's tha community map. Sounds a little like my pyshical copy of the Felarya map, well before I scribbled all over it and changed a few things, but generally a place for all our fanon ideas that's easy to navigate. Hm though a clickable map hasn't been done since the Flash version of the map, which seriously has some errors that need to be corrected and locations that still need to be added in, by E-Akahele. Everyone talks about using Flash and such but honestly most Flash projects go unattended to and often take too long to program anyway. Shame there's not a alternative interactive program that's easier to use. Not say I'm not all for this as a interactive map, but I'm just saying it may be easier to keep a pic that's hosted here and update it ourselves with custom icons and such.
Back to top Go down

Community map
Page 1 of 1