Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nimsae Cave

Go down 
+2
Nyaha
Darth_Nergal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:19 am

Name: Nimsae Cave

Danger: High

Inhabitants and Dangers: Dryads(Very Rare), Fairies, Magic elementals (Very Rare), Spine Beetles (Rare), Mutabok, Duiker, Deertaur, Lightseeker, Whisper Wisps, Flish, Barrismog (surrounding tunnels)

As it's name suggests, Nimsae Cave is a massive cave situated under Chikito Lake. It consists of about 7 entrance passage near the lake, and a gigantic underground cavern. The entrance tunnels are what one might normally expect for an underground tunnel, with beautiful stalagmites and stalactites, and it's lit by a lichen that glows a soft blue. Anyone traveling through them will find themselves going deep underground in a fairly long, twisted tunnel. The tunnel is only about 9 feet in height, making it impossible for most giant predators to get down to the main cavern. At the very bottom, the tunnels all converge and lead to the entrance of a gigantic cavern.

When you come into the main cavern, the first thing the people notice is that it's as bright as if there was open sky above them. The second is that they are standing near the edge of a huge cliff that drops into a forest. In the middle of the forest, climbing high above the tops of the trees growing there, is a large golden temple, the top of which is giving off the light. Above the entire thing is a section of the bottom of Chikito lake, suspended above it all by an unknown force. Waterfalls can be seen falling from the lake, down into the trees below, creating small rivers and steams that, once they reach the rock walls, climb back up to rejoin the lake above.

The air is unusually thick but pure, and the entire cavern is heavily saturated in magic. The greatest point of the magical energy is at the top of the temple where the light is coming from. The magic is so powerful there that no-one has dared to try and climb to the top. It is also usually filled with fairies who either find the cave to be a pretty place to play and enjoy themselves at, or a place to study magic and the cave itself. You can also find one or two Dryads, who's seed managed to float down into the cave and take root. Though it is a fairly rare occurrence.

Along with normal flora and trees, plants like Gallow Weed, Sorbalier, Lamiole, and other plants that fare well in humid enviroments grow well here. Not only that, but Lightseekers, Whisper Wisps, and Flish can be found in the cave. The surrounding tunnels generally have glowing fungi along with Fay Cup, Torch Mold, and Barrismog.

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 am

I've had that idea for years. No, seriously, I came up with it before I even joined the forums. I just never had a location or name for it until now. Random fun fact, Nimsae is an Elven name that means Deep Wood, so it literally translates as Deep Wood Cave. ^_^ Yes, I do stuff like that on purpose. Razz

I do have some things that I'd like help from you guys with. First and foremost, the kinds of creatures living in the main cavern. No super giant preds except those who can burrow through rock and anyone who can change their size of course, and also it would be nice for them to be native to the Fairy Kingdom. =3

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 am

I like the overall sound and feel of the place. You put an interesting spin on that 'underground sky' or 'cave to another world' trope I've seen a few times, and I like the visuals you've used to describe the place. In my mind, it seems as if the top of that temple could be a place where numerous ley lines intersect, which would explain the outpour of magic energy.

Is the temple just for show? Or can people actually go inside it? And if the latter, what kind of place is it inside? Are there any traces of a civilization having resided there prior to present day Felarya?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 am

Thank you. =3 Heh heh, I did my best to make it interesting. And yes, I like your idea of how numerous ley lines intersect to give off the outpour of magical energy. Very Happy

People can enter the temple if they desire. I need to come up with what it would look like on this inside though. I'm actually thinking that a tribe of Fairies could live in that temple, devoted to discovering the mysteries it holds.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:14 pm

If ya want high danger, it's gunna have to have super-preds, or super-dangerous creatures. I'd recommend poison. Lots of poison. We don't have enough poison. And fungi. Fungi are scary. Maybe poison fungi.

Besides, elementals can afford to be more determined fighters- they recompose once slain. I'd recommend saying that the magic elementals over there have decided to form the "Punch a Nosy Surface-Dweller In the Nuts" club or something, and that they take advantage of the high magic concentration to be reckless nuts about their job, since they can always reform later lol.

Alternatively, you could have an extreme environment: either extreme cold, which could mean that the lake's bottom is frozen and the walls are covered in crystalline ice, maybe sweltering, volcanic heat that's unkind to breathing creatures everywhere, or maybe the air's thin. You said the air was thick- maybe thick and humid, so that it gets really hard to cool down by sweating?

A final possibility is keeping the place alien and unknowable. Well, you'll know.

It's a decent idea, I guess you could have something in here. I like my bottomless lakes to stay bottomless, but having a forest under the earth can work. It worked for Julius Verne, after all.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:43 am

Well, the high danger is mainly due to fairies. Chikito Lake is already a major Fairy hot spot with a high danger rating, and I'm pretty sure that most fairies would enjoy going under ground to check out the forest and temple. I think some poison fungi would be an excellent idea. Even if it's a forest, it's still underground and you can expect to find species of fungi there.

The Elementals could serve as a sort oof semi-guardians to the templ. =o Maybe with them preventing fairies and other creatures from getting too close to the top.

The air is thick and humid. Extreme cold and heat don't mix well with forests, even miniature ones. Razz

X3 Thank you, and don't worry, it only takes up a small corner of the lake. So most of it can remain bottomless. Razz Heh heh, and underground forests almost always work. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:29 pm

...This makes me wonder if there could be a similar place under Imoreith Tundra. It's basically supposed to be a crapload of ice like a flat, wide mountain, right? Or am I imagining it wrong?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 pm

Ohhh, I could see one existing up there. =O
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Mhh it's a pretty fascinating place you imagined here Smile
I like that feeling of wonder you conveyed, it fits well with the rest of the region ( the fairy kingdom is supposed to be quite a strange place to be ^^ ). I especially like that idea of the cavern with the whole lake as the ceiling. Visually that can make a very striking image.
Really nice job Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Thank you. =3 I'm glad I managed to convey that feeling of wonder, as that was one of the biggest things I was aiming for. *nods* I figured that the Fairy Kingdom would be the best place to put it, and as soon as I heard of/looked into Chikito Lake I knew that it was the best spot for my cavern. I'm trying to get a commission to have it drawn. =3

Thank you, I did my best. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sanion
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sanion

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:55 pm

I know this is strange, Nergal, but might I recommend taking some of the glowing fungi and plants from the Evernight and maybe adding them in the forest in the areas below the top? Just an idea.

Overall, I like it and it seems very fascinating as an area. Though, I'd like to hear more about the area as in creatures and places. I'd also like to see a little detailed list of the flora and fauna. Maybe just to get an idea what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/3smVmIWJwV
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Oh! I never thought of that! I think I might grab some of those to place in the darker sections, like the tunnels.

Yeah, I have the area fleshed out in my mind, like how big it is and how the cave looks and all. What I'm looking for here are suggestions for what we could find in the cave. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 10:48 pm

made a small edit/addition to this idea of mine. If anyone else has suggestions for what could be found in an underground forest cave please let me know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:29 am

Woooooow. If Felarya had an adventure guide this place would be the one that I'd want to see. The "Wonders/Ancients Theme" from Star Gate SG1 was literally playing in my head as you described it. The lake ceiling effect is just the best honestly. Has a Jules Vern's "The Lost World" feel I honestly fall on love with every time. ^_- I also liked how you added natural fauna and flora we know and didn't go crazy with new species like I do sometimes. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nimsae Cave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimsae Cave   Nimsae Cave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nimsae Cave
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: