Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genocyst

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

Genocyst Empty
PostSubject: Genocyst   Genocyst Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:34 pm

A reptilian-like creature whose physical composition is made solely out of a semi-solid, clear, liquid like substance. The outer skin is a membrane that shows an intricate system of veins and arteries supported by one major stone shaped organ that serves as both the heart and the brain of the Genocyst. It does not see nor smell nor taste nor hear, however it can sense its prey through the sensory touch of the atmosphere, feeling the subtlest hint of magical aura can notify the Genocyst of one's presence. It's main food is mana, often times, the Genocyst would stalk a nearby fairy, camouflauging within the trees before pouncing and consuming the fairy in one quick gulp. The process of digestion is painless as it quickly excretes the fairy after its wings have been absorbed. Other beings that possess magic can also be eaten by the Genocyst and come out unscathed but would find that their ability to use magic is impossible for a certain amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Genocyst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genocyst   Genocyst Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:33 pm

This looks like a pretty interesting creature. Tell me, does it actually kill fairies, or just remove their magic for a bit? =o
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

Genocyst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genocyst   Genocyst Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 pm

It'd just remove magic, though that in itself puts them in grave danger if they're in the middle of nowhere Razz
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Genocyst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genocyst   Genocyst Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm wondering how big this creature comes. O.o Can it only eat fairies that are tiny? Also, does it have any natural predators of its own? I would think slimoids, possibly, might have some relationship with these.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

Genocyst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genocyst   Genocyst Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 pm

It eats fairies when they are at normal or small sized. They can't be shrunk though. And yea I think other slimebased creatures would be the Genocyst's natural predator.
Back to top Go down
Sanion
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sanion

Genocyst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genocyst   Genocyst Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:20 pm

I think it's a pretty interesting idea, but I'm a bit curious why you called it reptilian-like and why it's semi-solid and liquid-like. It's actually a bit confusing on what you mean. Semi-solid and liquid-like seem like a contradiction. Water is a liquid, but something like jello is semi-solid. So which is it? Also, how is it reptilian? Does it have scales? A tail? Is it cold-blooded or warm-blooded? Why is its meals magic or mana? Where would it be located? Are there different versions of it? Can it digest live prey? Why would it need to feed off of mana of a living person? Why not eat the soil? How does it reproduce: intercourse or some form of mitosis? Do they have genders at all? Since it senses the aura, is it considered a psionic being? Strengths and weaknesses, what are they?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions. It's my way of helping you think and improve on the species/character.
Back to top Go down
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/3smVmIWJwV
Sponsored content

Genocyst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genocyst   Genocyst Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genocyst
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: New ideas-
Jump to: