Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Moderators?

Go down 
+10
ravaging vixen
Darkstorm Zero
Ilceren
sparkythechu
Americanhero45
Echo
Mr. I
Nyaha
Sigurd
hhhat09
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

New Moderators? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm on a lot actually, I mostly just watch though. I like how everyone is just voting who they think is best. Here's what's happening:

Most of us on the forum want someone who's active all the time, and vote who we think is best suited for that role.

The current moderators discuss it among themselves, and decides who is most responsible, not likely to start a flame war or an argument, or anything highly controversial, not just someone who posts a lot. They have their own ideals that they need to hold moderators too. I think its important for those aspects to be made known to the general forum community around here too. Often these two ideas clash though, the community and the mods have different ideas of who's best suited - which is unfortunate.

Yes, I'm sure it is known among many who've been here for a while that I've wanted a modship for a while, but I don't want to advertise it, write a big statement about how I vow to act as a moderator, really. If they want to know something, I assume they'll ask me about it.  I'd also appreciate Bort not to spill all my dirty little secrets. angel
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:55 am

Personally, I think the dA group need new mods much more than this place, if only because as soon as FS needs to leave for one reason or another, submissions need to screech to a halt. The fact this happened multiple time with no one taking action really shows that this needs to be fixed ASAP.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Yes that's true. There should always be a backup as there should be no one man teams even when it comes to modship. Razz
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:42 am

Just looked at the list of mods, as I see them every day, just as you all do. I was just wondering. The only two mods I ever see around are RavagingVixens and Stabs. I've seen Darkstorm post a total of "I-can-count-them-on-one-hand" times since his "inaguration" (I always remember him being very level headed, which was refreshing), Ilceren is basically gone for who knows why, and FrenchSnack is around, but only posts once every blue moon, and only in the Wiki Corrections thread.

Oldman, Silent_Eric, Timing2, Darkstorm,and Ilceren I never see anymore, leaving us a total of 3 moderators who are commonly on, and two who are regularly active, no offense to those that are still here that I mentioned and just have gone dark for whatever reason.

I think its bad luck that 4 out of 5 of the appointed moderators (two have been removed due to absence, right? maybe more?) leave or go dark after being appointed. I don't know what the decision to remedy this is though. Just thought I'd share what I was thinking on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:35 am

I'll just add in that, if I recall correctly, Ilceren was moving. I might be wrong. I think he also have school piling up, too.

I'm not sure what there really is to moderate around here right now anyway, though, so I don't think it's too big a deal.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:42 am

Is Ilce moving?

I have school and work, and most of my time is consumed with that, studying, or sleeping. I couldn't comment during the first months of the year because of a home-political issue.

Anyway that's not important. Its not like the forums are raging with rage in a raging environment X3, so you're right.Still though over half our moderators are inactive, missing, or otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Evil laugh My plan is working, soon all the mods shall disappear and chaos shall reign over the forum!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Razz

Sorry, had to do that. ^_^;;; Seriously though, Ilceren is still around but as Nyaha said, he's currently busy. :3 We could use some new blood that's on more often though, because the only ones I see on are Stabs, Vix, and Ilceren.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:04 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Just looked at the list of mods, as I see them every day, just as you all do. I was just wondering. The only two mods I ever see around are RavagingVixens and Stabs. I've seen Darkstorm post a total of "I-can-count-them-on-one-hand" times since his "inaguration" (I always remember him being very level headed, which was refreshing), Ilceren is basically gone for who knows why, and FrenchSnack is around, but only posts once every blue moon, and only in the Wiki Corrections thread.

Oldman, Silent_Eric, Timing2, Darkstorm,and Ilceren I never see anymore, leaving us a total of 3 moderators who are commonly on, and two who are regularly active, no offense to those that are still here that I mentioned and just have gone dark for whatever reason.

I think its bad luck that 4 out of 5 of the appointed moderators (two have been removed due to absence, right? maybe more?) leave or go dark after being appointed. I don't know what the decision to remedy this is though. Just thought I'd share what I was thinking on the matter.

Oh I'm here, and I'm watching. I've just been extremely busy, My birthday, my new nephew being born, work, work, work.... AND dealing with the catastrophy that happened on Spacebattles has, quite literally, eaten my time out from under me.
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:02 pm

I am here as well, though I do have a tendency to disappear at times. I get burned out because I try too hard at things and it backfires. I already commented about these sudden disappearances to Karbo before attaining modship, and he appeared to be fine with it, so I accepted. I try not to, but it sometimes happens.

In any case, if I do disappear again, I am always reachable through Skype, those who have me. So if you feel I've been excessively away at some point, you can always drop me a rant on there even if I'm not online, and it's likely to set my focus back where it should be.

Of course, if people are too uneasy about this, I'm always open to step down and leave the place to a more appropriate person.
Back to top Go down
nipa101
Naga food
nipa101

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 5:22 am

Yessss I would love to see some new moderators! how about a new nice one? that would be the best:)
Back to top Go down
http://tlank606@Gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Moderators?   New Moderators? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Moderators?
Page 1 of 1