Felarya

Felarya forum
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 structured roleplay Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: structured roleplay Idea   Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:47 am

Karbo wrote:
Ack please let's remain calm here gentlemen ^^;

Lami : I see really no problem at all if you wish to add RPG stats to characters and creatures Smile
But I don't really plan to have them in the wiki.. it's not really the direction I envision for Felarya as a whole.
Though that may change in the future if a game is made out of it, who know ^^

Also sorry for moving this topic... I saw roleplay and then.. ^^;
Do you want me to move it back ?

I think this tread start with a misunderstanding due to the title, the title is a "structured RP" It's logic to move it in the RP section. If Lami wanted to talk about stats, it will be simple to name the thread "Characters and RPG stats" and to develop a whole idea about that than tell about the basics of RP.

To lami: the reason why I was against stats, it was because I feared the race like naga, harpies etc... are reduced to simple "PNJ" that people kill with their ability or tame. And in the end, to monotone and "deja vu" situation with cliche as you have been saved from the evil dridder by a nice naga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
avatar

Posts : 310
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 28
Location : Around or inside someones tummy (hopefully garnets)

PostSubject: Re: structured roleplay Idea   Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:31 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:


Maybe I don't know what I'm talking but that's why I'm posting here and want to understand. I can return your example telling you can find a naga who have more avoidance and etc ... We both can start in endless argument. I don't see the necessity to do stats in the wiki because it's only use for the RP, In my opinion when you meet a naga you can give her random stats because the behavior of someone can change his stats. You can find a naga with a low constitution with high intelligence etc...

And another point This community is not only a RP, you can find people who doesn't know RP like me but wants to try. When you post be sure your argument can be understand by everyone even people who are not in RP. I thinks the fact you was telling with a point of view that people who does RP can only understand I think it's normal your thread has been moved to this section. Because the RP section in the beginning it was a suggestion from a user and not from the admin or a moderator. When you start your thread be sure you will be understand by developping your idea or posting some link. When I tell I didn't understand what is the d20 you never explain or give a link to help people to understand why are you talking about. Only people who did RP answer you and it's the end your thread look more suited to RP fans than a general discussion.

And please avoid to say things like "you have no idea what you are talking about here." , it wants help you to convince people shar your point of view. I don't think Karbo thought about to give stats to his character or to make this world a RP world. With this kind of comment your ideas won't pass. You must accept people don't understand and/or don't share your point of view Very Mad
I did give you a link
lami wrote:
Cypress wrote:
FurryKurry wrote:
So you're saying that we have to set and know certain facts, for example, my characters: Kuro's kicks are extremely potent, but he still runs slow, and Yuki is actually stronger than Kuro, being able to lift things he can't, but she never really shows it.

Yes something like that anyway. whats important to remember is this wont be for all RP's just those who chose to use this method. there are a lot of ways to run an RP.
of course the main rule in structured RP is that the DM makes the rules anyway

if you are confused about what structured rp looks like

please visit d20srd.org

Karbo wrote:
Ack please let's remain calm here gentlemen ^^;

Lami : I see really no problem at all if you wish to add RPG stats to characters and creatures Smile
But I don't really plan to have them in the wiki.. it's not really the direction I envision for Felarya as a whole.
Though that may change in the future if a game is made out of it, who know ^^

Also sorry for moving this topic... I saw roleplay and then.. ^^;
Do you want me to move it back ?
you can if you want, It almost dosent really matter though with the small ammount of threads here.

in any case the thread is pretty much moot now since you turned down the idea. and i wouldnt feel comfortable just making up stats without your help anyway, I dont know how the specifics of how tough etc your creatures are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: structured roleplay Idea   Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:47 am

Sorry I didn't see it Embarassed
I think it's like that http://www.d20srd.org/
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
ConnorKCM
Naga food
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2008-04-19
Age : 23
Location : The Royal Bunker

PostSubject: Re: structured roleplay Idea   Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:59 pm

This Looks Complacated help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: structured roleplay Idea   

Back to top Go down
 
structured roleplay Idea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Vocaloid Roleplay!
» Roleplay Inventory, House Cup, & Bank Idea
» Roleplay Game... how to begin?
» Roleplay Game
» Assassin's Creed 2 Roleplay Forum

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: