Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...

Go down 
+59
Prof.Nekko
Jasconius
French snack
walkingbyself
Jætte_Troll
ravaging vixen
TheLightLost
luke112
alliance
Anime-Junkie
Stabs
Tuc135
Archmage_Bael
Asuroth
timing2
JohnDoe
EliteCreature
FalconJudge
SuperPieGuy9
CauldronBorn24
zelda31
Chris The Great...maybe
codaman
TankHunter678
Reptillian
11cookeaw3
Byakugan01
L'Ryn
Rade
S-Guy
Rythmear
Jibsy0
servomoore
/Fish/
Feign
Sineria.
TheQuantumMechanic
observer88
Sephimink|Kyle
dlausactor6373
Garnet
Daimo
bigman27622
MegaDan5
ZionAtriedes
Oldman40k2003
gwadahunter2222
DorianTheBlind
Mentalguy
Delicious Kevin
Warrior3000
rcs619
Karbo
Raetsu Lord Pichu
GREGOLE
Shady Knight
Pendragon
Malahite
Raveolution
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 am

Well, while we're on the anime tangent. Just about any Awakened Being from Claymore could have 50-50 chances against most Felaryan predators. Likewise, any Claymore that could single-handedly kill an Awakened Being would stand an equal chance. Though the Claymore setting is petty believable as being set in a far-off corner of Felarya itself, with Isley, Riful and Priscilla all being near-guardian level (Isley and Riful at least, have apparently wiped out a civilization in their respective domains.)
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:19 am

I'm not too familiar with Claymore, but what I've seen doesn't really impress me much for the average person. Pretty powerful for an anime realm that isn't meant to be super happy, but not what I'd think could last on Felarya.

For anime myself:

+ Angel Arms are overkill. As such, I recommend them being standard officer equipment.
+ Guts may, MAY be capable of taking on a Predator, depending on his equipment and what era he is from.
+ Violent Jack could deal with most of the 20'-under Predators on his own. He treats Helicopters as a throwing weapon, and has taken a Stinger Missile to the chest before and emerged 'unharmed'.
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:23 am

In the Video Game area, Dante and Nero from Devil May Cry 4 would be more than enough. The Reason? Two words: Devil Trigger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bmxracerad.com
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:33 am

Feign wrote:
Well, while we're on the anime tangent. Just about any Awakened Being from Claymore could have 50-50 chances against most Felaryan predators. Likewise, any Claymore that could single-handedly kill an Awakened Being would stand an equal chance. Though the Claymore setting is petty believable as being set in a far-off corner of Felarya itself, with Isley, Riful and Priscilla all being near-guardian level (Isley and Riful at least, have apparently wiped out a civilization in their respective domains.)

Excellent point. I would consider the Awakened to fall under the category of Predators themselves, but it is definitely a valid example. Pretty much any single-digit Claymore, or any Claymore numbered 10-20, from any generation are serious threats to most predators. As you said, anything less powerful than a Guardian is going to be in trouble if it pisses off any of the Abyssal Ones, or Priscilla (who is even stronger than them). No

Malahite wrote:
I'm not too familiar with Claymore, but what I've seen doesn't really impress me much for the average person. Pretty powerful for an anime realm that isn't meant to be super happy, but not what I'd think could last on Felarya.

Unless you've gotten fairly far into the series, there just isn't really anything that impressive. It's once the the ball starts rolling for the Northern Campaign that you realize all those Youma the Claymores you see early on having difficulty with... well, those are the weak ones. The difference in power between them and the truly powerful Awakened are far greater than the differences in power between a Claymore and a normal human being. Any of the Abyssal Ones is single-handedly capable of wiping out a continent; not just every living thing on it, but destroying the continent itself.
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:17 pm

I figure sense a stomach of a pred is so tough,the skin itself would be darn near impenetrable,so you would probably need to be inside the pred first,but as for what comes next..i dunno.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:59 pm

A Vorpal blade might help.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Warrior3000 wrote:
I figure sense a stomach of a pred is so tough,the skin itself would be darn near impenetrable,so you would probably need to be inside the pred first,but as for what comes next..i dunno.

The problem with that lies in terms of reasoning. Just because your skin is " Superman-invulnerable", does not mean your internal organs are. Likewise, just because your stomach is highly resistant to damage, does not mean your skin, or eyes, or blood vessels are. There is some underlying cause for your skin or stomach or whatever being "so tough".

If that reason is "because your tissue is extremely thick and resilient", then that's fine. It is entirely possible that your skin is thick enough and resilient enough that it can't be pierced by a sword or spear, even if the person swinging it is really, really strong. It is also entirely possible that you are so thick-skinned and resilient that a cannonball to the chest will just knock you over, but do no real damage.

However, as impressive as that all is, I would be able to guarantee you that your skin is not "solid" enough to stop a round from a tank-mounted railgun, or a depleted uranium KE penetrating round, unless you are a planet (or similar body). Having "really thick, tough skin" is irrelevant, because "thick skin" alone is not a property that will allow you to survive a railgun round; it is completely outside the realm of possibility.

Now, this doesn't rule out the possibility that you can survive a shot from a railgun; if I shoot you with one, and it bounces off your skin like drops of water off a duck's back, then obviously a railgun round is not sufficient to harm you. However, it is not because of the thickness of your skin, it is because of some other factor. Maybe you can't be harmed by non-magical weapons; a railgun round is non-magical, therefore it is incapable of harming you.

In this case, when you tell everyone that "I have really tough skin!," you are actually referring to the property of your body that prevents you from being harmed by a non-magical weapon, and not the "toughness" of your skin in terms of thickness and resilience.
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:11 pm

You could also utilize energy-based weaponry.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:03 pm

MegaDan5 wrote:

It would work depending on the predator you face some can be killed easily or some can resistt.
The only thing I see each time a thread like that it's the quest of the universal weapon which can blow all the predators easily. But the problem is the great variety of predator even in their own specie, in clear you can not face a predator alone just because you have the greatest technology, magic,ability or power . One of the best thing you need is to find some good ally, in clear the technology guy need the knowledge of the neko who knows the jungle, the mage or the psyker can be very powerfull but they can not the physical damage as a warrior can do etc... and you need a healer too. I will conclude to survive in Felarya is just to find the good people with who you can share strong bond.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:13 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
MegaDan5 wrote:

It would work depending on the predator you face some can be killed easily or some can resistt.
The only thing I see each time a thread like that it's the quest of the universal weapon which can blow all the predators easily. But the problem is the great variety of predator even in their own specie, in clear you can not face a predator alone just because you have the greatest technology, magic,ability or power . One of the best thing you need is to find some good ally, in clear the technology guy need the knowledge of the neko who knows the jungle, the mage or the psyker can be very powerfull but they can not the physical damage as a warrior can do etc... and you need a healer too. I will conclude to survive in Felarya is just to find the good people with who you can share strong bond.

Forming a squad that balances each other out is the key to survival.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:43 pm

MegaDan5 wrote:
Light Warriors, Anyone?

Between the swordchucks (which Fighter actually used to defeat the equivalent of a pit naga), Black Mage's hadoken (powerful enough to decimate an entire forest) , the fact that Thief will take all of Felarya's treasure and therefore take treasure hunters out of the picture (which will reduce the amount of available prey and they will starve) and Red Mage systematically proving that creatures so large can't exist (therefore blinking them out of existence) I think that pretty much anything in Felarya is screwed.

Aside from 8-bit Theater shenanigans, the simplest way of killing a giant predator is to wriggle into its airway, causing asphyxiation.

Or throwing a Dethphone into its mouth and hoping it has the same effect it did on Muskakrakish.
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:47 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
MegaDan5 wrote:
Light Warriors, Anyone?

Great preds beware. Maybe it's the swordchucks, maybe it's the hadoken. Or maybe it's the fact that Thief will take all of Felarya's treasure and therefore take treasure hunters out of the picture, which will reduce the amount of available prey and they will starve. Or maybe Red Mage will systematically prove that creatures so large can't exist, therefore blinking them out of existence.

I was thinking about that as I wrote the squad bit.

Use a Giga Slave, then let it go out of control.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Of course you need more than one person, everything needs more than one to survive safely. There's a reason Predators keep contact with each other beyond trading human hunting spots. Predator sleeps... and a Spine Beetle swarm starts to feed. Neko sleeps alone, Predator hears the snoring.

8-Bit theatre characters would wreck Felarya. BM was the cause of the Dinosaurs death, I'm pretty sure Thief has stolen a concept before, Fighter has waded his way through hordes of Dragons, and RM can violate casuality at will it seems.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Malahite wrote:
8-Bit theatre characters would wreck Felarya. BM was the cause of the Dinosaurs death, I'm pretty sure Thief has stolen a concept before, Fighter has waded his way through hordes of Dragons, and RM can violate casuality at will it seems.

Well, we would definitely find out whether or not Felarya itself has a spirit. Because if it is the case, Felarya would do whatever it takes to get them to go somewhere- anywhere else.

"Here's all the treasure from the Jewel River. Seriously, just take it, and leave. Now." Laughing
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Quote :
If I mention any solutions involving mechs, there might be some arguing, so I'll save it for another day.

Well, MEGAS would wipe the floor with most preds...

Then again, MEGAS could probably take on the guardians. XP
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Malahite wrote:
Well, most of the Awakened are above 20 ft tall, and at least a few had a tendency to eat humans whole. The first giant-type Awakened in the anime is almost halfway through. And the Creatures of the Abyss are all pretty much in a class of their own, in the same way as the Guardians.

SPOILER!

In the current issue of the manga, they reveal that the entire land that the anime takes place on is just a large island, with the mainland containing various kinds of giant predators. There's only sketchy images of the mainland, but from what I can tell, it's Felarya.
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Malahite wrote:
Of course you need more than one person, everything needs more than one to survive safely. There's a reason Predators keep contact with each other beyond trading human hunting spots. Predator sleeps... and a Spine Beetle swarm starts to feed. Neko sleeps alone, Predator hears the snoring.

We should form the Felaryan version of the Light Warriors.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:34 pm

I'm a helper!

(If you get this, you should know that Fighter's position is taken)
Back to top Go down
MegaDan5
Great warrior
Great warrior
MegaDan5

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 pm

I guess I'm Thief.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:26 pm

observer88 wrote:
I don't think biological warfare would work. Wiki sais "The ground of Felarya cures all known diseases by simple contact." Instead use chemical warfare, or better yet, a portable nuclear warhead, or give them the gift of tiberium and let it judge their fates. Evil laugh
What about Kane and the Brotherhood of NOD? He would lay down the smackage. He has a knack for reverse engineering things and could probably incorporate magic into his arsenal. He'd learn secrets about Felarya fairly quick, plus he's EXTREMELY expansionistic, which would put him at risk for you-know-what. He'd subvert the Miratans by offering food to their starving people. Before long the Miratans will have a Brotherhood of NOD outbreak in their own ranks by the time they even KNOW about Kane. "All your base are belong to Kane!" And what he didn't conquer, he would foul up with Tiberium.

I shit you not, Kane would upgrade the Delurans' weapons and absolutely hammer the Nagas down. He would want the Delurans to join his cause and he would find out in a hurry how to manipulate them, and the Delurans are just BEGGING to be manipulated. On Felarya it's all about bodies that he can put into his war machines.

Kane's worst problem is the Naxylan Dridders. He's gonna drink lots of Hate-rade when they come calling. Then he's going to be their worst problem. EVER.

Meanwhile, GDI would follow Kane, butt heads with the Miratans, and get totally friggin crushed.
Back to top Go down
servomoore
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:08 pm

The Lance of Longanus. Or however it's spelt. It's in EVANGELION, can't miss it.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:18 pm

A Death Note; 'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:38 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
A Death Note; 'nuff said.

Incorrect. A Death Note seems like a good idea at first, but you could scribble down the names of every predator on Felarya, and it will not do a darned thing. Don't you remember the very first rule of the Death Note?

A human whose name is written in this note shall die.

On Felarya, the only things a Death Note would be good for is helping you kill other humans, committing suicide by writing your own name in it to avoid death by being eaten and digested, and keeping you from going to Hell and being eaten by Menyssan in the afterlife.

Now I'm picturing that Indiana Jones scene. "What happened to him?" "He chose... poorly." Laughing
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:15 pm

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
Don't you remember the very first rule of the Death Note?

A human whose name is written in this note shall die.

On Felarya, the only things a Death Note would be good for is helping you kill other humans, committing suicide by writing your own name in it to avoid death by being eaten and digested, and keeping you from going to Hell and being eaten by Menyssan in the afterlife.

So that's why that Death Note I switched with Katrika's diary didn't do anything...

Shocked

What? Evil laugh
Kiratrika- it's funny.

Last edited by /Fish/ on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:17 pm

I think the term "human" as used in the Death Note would apply to any being classified as a humanoid. Almost all of the creatures in Felarya can be classified as humanoids. Even being only part human could classify you as a humanoid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...   What is the best tactical and strategic offense against... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the best tactical and strategic offense against...
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next