Felarya

Felarya forum
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 If you could change something

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ravaging vixen
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-02-07
Age : 26
Location : Rocky mountains

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:01 am

Shady knight wrote:
"Vixen wants a Star Wars feel"
I do? I don't remember saying on want it drastically science fictional like that universe is. I said clearly that would just like it present but some how make it balance along the lines and points your saying for the interdimensional/multiverse clarity. (course i'm not good at expressing myself very well so maybe I didn't get my points across that way unless you like to skim.)


Shady Knight wrote:
One thing that seems to be at the source of it all is the whole interdimensional aspect.  Sure, it opens up a lot of possibilities, but at the same time, it makes it harder to establish boundaries, cause once you use the multiverse card, anything, and I mean literally anything is possible, so technically, all those Mary Sues that can punch out giants by themselves with their bare hands like it's routine, or having a full-scale invasion of assholes in giant super robots are legit cause of the whole multiverse deal.  Really, I wish there was a more clear cut definition of what the setting is about, how clear is the ratio of magic vs. super science in the setting as a whole, and all of that jazz.  I always get the feeling the place is trying to appeal to everyone, but just ends up shooting itself in the foot as a result.

Yep, needs that more than anything, but it's really up to us to coordinate that with karbo so that we can make a fair balance. Not going to elaborate more (I like simplicity) but i think people realize that felarya is big enough to where you don't have to stick to just the main continent where everything is going on, even though i understand that it's hard to see everyone you like if you did so, but you would also set up new frontiers that could make the place more interesting yet reasonable.
We just need a coordinated effort from the community so that we can explain this small rigamarole of how this Multiverse with other universes work.

_________________
Mayhem ex Machina!

"Making friends with giantess aliens isn't so bad..."


Last edited by ravaging vixens on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigurd
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-11
Age : 28
Location : I come and go when I feel like it.

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:21 am

parameciumkid wrote:
I personally view Felarya as the fantasy world that eats Mary Sues... often literally. It's so full of a mixture of other Mary Sues, overpowered predators, and unstoppable forces of Nature that characters who would classify as a Sue anywhere else are hardly more than redshirts.

Then wouldn't it be the world where mary sues don't go to die, but rather thrive?

On topic... there's too much that I'd change, but if I had to change  only one thing about it. It'd be the fact that humanity only really decided to make one big settlement, instead of being like, "The hell with the Magiocrats, we don't like those guys, let's make our own city." Oh and let's not forget that they didn't make Negav, they stole it from the Neko...

Humans are known as social creatures, very social in fact and form communities in the shared interest of survival. This is what lead to us having civilizations and cultures later on. This is also in fact something left over from our caveman days, as back then, we couldn't survive outside of a community. Sure, you have the occasional loner, but without any sort of survival skills, that loner's screwed if he doesn't have any sort of community around or near him. But it seems like only two forces in Felarya drive humans, Greed and the Idiot Ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 am

Well, then, can you tell us how you make more big, easily noticeable settlements without the high-end magic or technology to defend it against the giant beasties that could ravage it like nothing else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sigurd
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-11
Age : 28
Location : I come and go when I feel like it.

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:56 am

Shady Knight wrote:
Well, then, can you tell us how you make more big, easily noticeable settlements without the high-end magic or technology to defend it against the giant beasties that could ravage it like nothing else?

Shady, there's really next to NO settlements for humans other than Negav, that's my major issue. Humans try to form communities, which leads to cultures, which leads to cities, which leads to civilizations. Also when it's only the Magiocrats that are incapable of picking up the idiot ball, where as FEW humans written about will pick up the idiot ball and drop it. Most of them will pick it up and run it right to the end zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 am

They can't because the environment is extremely dangerous, that's the whole point of the setting, humans are not at the top of the food chain. That's why your "The hell with the Magiocrats, we don't like those guys, let's make our own city." argument utterly fails. Also, for the record, there are other safe yet fairly settlements, there's Chioita City, there's the Safe Harbor, there's the Jungle Bowl, and even Kortiki Town. Only the Safe Harbor could have some form of trading with Negav, the rest appear to have no contact with Negav. EVEN then, there are other types of settlements mentioned here and there that belong to other races. Barring Nekomura, there's the Rosic Neko tribe located on the east coast of the continent, or the Scorching Claw tribe located in the Sandfall Maze. Elves, we have Phantom Elves who live in Sunfall Thicket, the Majuras elves which lives up north in Deeper Felarya, the Kadyns elves who live in the Oolonde Lakeland. These are all evidence of multiple settlement spread across Felarya. It's heavily implied the majority of them are small and hidden as they don't have the means to repel the giant monsters, but that doesn't change the fact that they exist. So your argument that Negav is the one settlement, even if you count only humans, is completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sigurd
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-11
Age : 28
Location : I come and go when I feel like it.

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:41 am

Shady Knight wrote:
They can't because the environment is extremely dangerous, that's the whole point of the setting, humans are not at the top of the food chain.  That's why your "The hell with the Magiocrats, we don't like those guys, let's make our own city." argument utterly fails.  Also, for the record, there are other safe yet fairly settlements, there's Chioita City, there's the Safe Harbor, there's the Jungle Bowl, and even Kortiki Town.  Only the Safe Harbor could have some form of trading with Negav, the rest appear to have no contact with Negav.  EVEN then, there are other types of settlements mentioned here and there that belong to other races.  Barring Nekomura, there's the Rosic Neko tribe located on the east coast of the continent, or the Scorching Claw tribe located in the Sandfall Maze.  Elves, we have Phantom Elves who live in Sunfall Thicket, the Majuras elves which lives up north in Deeper Felarya, the Kadyns elves who live in the Oolonde Lakeland.  These are all evidence of multiple settlement spread across Felarya.  It's heavily implied the majority of them are small and hidden as they don't have the means to repel the giant monsters, but that doesn't change the fact that they exist.  So your argument that Negav is the one settlement, even if you count only humans, is completely wrong.

The point I was trying to make is that humans don't try to be social creatures when written about in the manga or in fanfics of Felarya. Literally lone humans will go out and try to do things on their own. You completely missed this point, and I no longer wish to waste my time when you merely skim my post and fail to see the meaning in them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:50 am

That is a fault of writers, not the setting itself.  The point that there are multiple settlements across the land stands. End of discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Hero
Hero
avatar

Posts : 1391
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 29
Location : Fantasy Land ^_^

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:13 am

Shady Knight wrote:
Shady Knight
One thing that seems to be at the source of it all is the whole interdimensional aspect. Sure, it opens up a lot of possibilities, but at the same time, it makes it harder to establish boundaries, cause once you use the multiverse card, anything, and I mean literally anything is possible, so technically, all those Mary Sues that can punch out giants by themselves with their bare hands like it's routine, or having a full-scale invasion of assholes in giant super robots are legit cause of the whole multiverse deal.

Actually the SW universe, especially outside the EU, only blends a little mystical with magic. I always thought Felarya personaly had the best formula for mixing magic and sceince and even that weird Arthur C. Clarke grey area without getting anybody into too much trouble. That's why I love RPing here. I can run a templar knight along side somebody high tech like Tamlin or even a far out alien from way off world. It's a diverse nebula of possibility

Ravaging Vixens wrote:
Ravaging Vixens:
A few sci-fi examples would be derelict stations that would constantly stay up in mid-air in while big enough to explore or find things lurking in there like maybe a predator from such a world like that themselves.

I agree that'd be awesome! Honestly most Felarya locales do seem to thrive too much on the magical and not enough on the tech or even crazy steampunk ideas. That's probably why so many are running out of ideas, even me, for new dungeons and sub zones. We need to have the tech option or other more out of the box ideas if we want to expand beyond "this variant forest" When I made the Thrill Seekers I debated going with the "Spetz" idea for a base of using a ruined temple but honesty? I think a crashed alien star ship was WAY more original and implying it's actually made for giants rather than humans not only gave me room to expand but added a layer of mystery which I have to say is getting thinner in Felarya. =/

Ravaging Vixens wrote:
We just need a coordinated effort from the community so that we can explain this small rigamarole of how this Multiverse with other universes work.

I agree 1000% we should try and set some rules, but honestly the whole "mech invasion thing that Shady mentioned? We have the Guardians for that. <.< Seriously they're what keeps Negav from expanding into a Megalopolis, whole alien fleets of magically powered badies from raining down from the sky and even evil locals from taking over the whole of Felarya...Well most of the time. They don't get involved in politics, for example if somebody de-throned Lesona and was even worse then her but didn't expand Negav? They wouldn't get involved. Honestly people can fault Karbo for being a better artist than writer, but this right here proves he is a good writer. He's made the perfect universal police to keep his universe from being Death Stared to heck or somebody using the rules against his system and tying Felarya's hands behind it's back.

Sigurd wrote:

Shady, there's really next to NO settlements for humans other than Negav, that's my major issue.

Not true. There's several! They just aren't on the main continent and thus aren't given as much attention. Well yet. I mean we know the elves have to have some base of operations, cause seriously we don't just believe that the Elven Sector in Negav is only place you can find elves, right? There's also Kurlem if it ever gets off the ground and there's some small places like Safe Harbor that just aren't canonized or ones people don't even know are canon like Murmer Tavern in the Forest of Whispers and Thorn Lodge in The Grove of Carnivorous plants. Though I do agree the world could alway use more safe havens. Both large and small. But not too many. Felarya would make an awful mega city world.

Shady Knight wrote:
we have Phantom Elves who live in Sunfall Thicket, the Majuras elves which lives up north in Deeper Felarya, the Kadyns elves who live in the Oolonde Lakeland. These are all evidence of multiple settlement spread across Felarya. It's heavily implied the majority of them are small and hidden as they don't have the means to repel the giant monsters, but that doesn't change the fact that they exist.

Yep! That's just what I was saying. The best way to stay unoticed by predators is to literally stay unnoticed. Heh heh something just occured to me. If you have a way to cateograph Felarya and map out human settlements one may have to make said system fairy proof. Cause a map that shows a bunch of little human settlements just relying on minimal fire power or stealth would look like a buffet to a fairy who could in theory read a map made for humans. Heck a naga with a monocle could for that mater, but they'd have hard time of it XD Also makes me realize there must be like three or four elven settlements as well as the ruins of the first one. o.O Elves need more polish for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigurd
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-11
Age : 28
Location : I come and go when I feel like it.

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:16 am

The original setting for Felarya didn't include things like Negav or settlements for humans. Humans didn't really band together. It was because of Felarya's Community that humanity got their Negav and got their tribes and such. Now yes, it has grown to have humans form some communities, but as per the setting demands, humans will literally pick that idiot ball right up and run it to the end zone. Some writers will not do this, but the vast majority will. Karbo has some humans do stupid things and he created the setting. So trying to blame the fault of humans doing stupid things on the writer and not the setting is a little nonsensical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:48 am

All races need more polish, Jedi. The wiki as a whole need more polish. Just saying, I'm not fond of the tavern or the lodge in the Forest of Whispers and the Carnivorous Plant Grove, they're among the more dangerous places in Felarya and having what amount to a house conducting some kind of business somewhere it's highly unlikely they'll ever get customers, let alone have a way to advertise themselves, seem out of place and incredulous even by the setting's standards.

But anyway, back to the mech invasion thing, yes, we have these forces of nature to handwave how there are seemingly no superpowers attempting to take over the place, but that doesn't mean these superpowers don't exist or won't try to conquer the place before getting all blown to shit. It's really as DarkOne said, it seems the whole concept of being able to travel to Felarya is a little too easy, which leads to the presumption that stories focus primarily on outsiders than natives. Of course, I kind of cheated with that one when I made some of my characters. It would help a little if there was a better established multiverse so outsiders weren't so common they ruled the roost.

Finding more derelict stations and whatnot is nice indeed, like the abandoned Vishmital outpost in the Great Rocky Field. I know WOWandWAS' Jungle Bowl had one as a semi-important plot point before pretty much leaving Felarya entirely. Though still functioning high-tech settlements like the Miratan base are a little iffy since they'd have to be big enough to be self-sufficient and keep everything maintained, which would defeat the purpose of being small and unnoticeable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sanion
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23
Location : Burning, Hell

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:51 pm

I haven't read everyone's posts since there are new ones, but I'm going to go ahead and post something on the forums for once since I tend not to.

Things I would change regardless...

Well I think the general competency of smaller beings. I know some aren't total fools, but on a dangerous world it would seem that these people would have common sense. If danger poses a threat to life it's not uncommon to come together in groups to achieve something. I know there's major and minor settlements that are like that, but I feel there's too few.

I have to agree with Vix on the derelict stations. Whether something up in the air that's small or something that's in the ground that's big with very small openings as not to be spotted, that's something that's an aspect of the attempts and failures of civilizations. With certain technology coming in and out, I'd think there'd be a few working places that have power sources that could last. Hey, maybe we could have a few fun scenes or stories with these places being mentioned. It'd be a refresher from the dangers of the jungle to the dangers of science.

There's another thing that I feel is a bit of a trope. Giants are given this immediate strength with everything they have. Magic and physical prowess are two of these things (and I'm sure there are more). I don't feel the magic in particular should depend on size. I think magic in particular should depend upon practice and innate ability not size. However, in general, I think the "ultimate" strength of giants should be toned down a bit.

I'm going to use this paragraph to talk about a couple things I wouldn't change. First off, the soil idea is something *I* personally like. Not because the immortality itself, but rather where the immortality comes from. It's a more creative spin than "the races are naturally immortal". The second is outsiders. While I understand outsides probably are a bit "blah" to most, it's easiest to use them. I hate to say it, but except for the various settlements across Felarya there'd be no one going out except merchants and fools if not for outsiders which would lead to an even smaller population than what we think.

Just as a joke, I'd change the lethality of vore. This shouldn't be taken serious, but hey, everything is allowed. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://etherpad.mozilla.org/3smVmIWJwV
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Another thing I would change is to give the Nagas a cultural identity, because unless I missed something.......they don't seem to have one.

Most of the main Nagas in Felarya were either raised by someone else, came from another world or were not even nagas to begin with and was changed into one (as with the case with Anna)

Now I am fine with that, not saying the Naga culture had to something at the forefront of the story, it could be kept mysterious, but some menction of it would have been nice, even if it was an ancient socitey that collasped like with the Dridders and was hinted at some point by a Naga who would know something about it.

Unless this has already been done and I just missed it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:04 pm

I never quite understood the whole culture aspect for predators. I see them closer to animals who happen to be sapient, to make the contrasts between human values and predator values all the more apparent. Furthermore, a culture requires something akin to a society, which very few species of predators have seeing how the vast majority seem to live and survive alone. Fairies, and apparently harpies and ocean-dwelling mermaids are the obvious exceptions. Dryads are iffy since they're all link via some spiritual network.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4034
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Actually to be honest the whole "they're all loners so they dont have a culture" thing is what annoys me, and its something I'd change. We don't have any real life examples other than ourselves of animals that express intelligence (the ability to reason).

I would love for every species in the wiki to have an actual culture. Its a shame that most sentient species don't have one. (Maybe because its too hard to come up with a unique culture for 30+ sapient species?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Well that's the funny thing isn't it? If predators in Felarya arn't surposed to have some culture...then why do they have the desire to make freinds when the subject pops up?

They have been shown time and time again to be capable of forming human like relationships (lets face it, a large majouirty of Felarya stories is about this. It started off with Karbo's story of Crisis forming an attachment to Léa, and since then many people have their own spin on that story with all sorts of predator-prey match ups)

Not to menction that there are predators (on the wiki no less) that were stated to be "Lonely" before they met their little freind. So they clearly desire social contact beyound just eating prey.

And there's other little things like Crisis enjoying stories, stories are a fundamental part of culture. She could have learnt that from the Faries (Faries almost always have a culture in most fiction, so they naturely would have one by default in Felarya) but even if the faries taught her, it still proves that she had it in her to pick it up in the first place.

To me, it more seems like many predators are just wild simply because they were born outside of civilisation by circumstance, not because they incapable of it, otherwise the Felarya as we know it woulden't exist.

But I do agree with the 'they are talking animals' concept...just I tend to think of them an sort of alien races that are a mishmash of animal and human. I think they are capable of some kind of culture, perhaps not to our level (except for the hybrids that apprantly seem to trying to move in that direction) but some kind of social structure nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4034
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:13 am

DarkOne wrote:
Well that's the funny thing isn't it? If predators in Felarya arn't surposed to have some culture...then why do they have the desire to make freinds when the subject pops up?

They have been shown time and time again to be capable of forming human like relationships (lets face it, a large majouirty of Felarya stories is about this. It started off with Karbo's story of Crisis forming an attachment to Léa, and since then many people have their own spin on that story with all sorts of predator-prey match ups)

Not to menction that there are predators (on the wiki no less) that were stated to be "Lonely" before they met their little freind. So they clearly desire social contact beyound just eating prey.

And there's other little things like Crisis enjoying stories, stories are a fundamental part of culture. She could have learnt that from the Faries (Faries almost always have a culture in most fiction, so they naturely would have one by default in Felarya) but even if the faries taught her, it still proves that she had it in her to pick it up in the first place.

To me, it more seems like many predators are just wild simply because they were born outside of civilisation by circumstance, not because they incapable of it, otherwise the Felarya as we know it woulden't exist.

But I do agree with the 'they are talking animals' concept...just I tend to think of them an sort of alien races that are a mishmash of animal and human. I think they are capable of some kind of culture, perhaps not to our level (except for the hybrids that apprantly seem to trying to move in that direction) but some kind of social structure nevertheless.

This. So much this.

Though personally I do like to view felarya as immensely old, and every few thousand years or so, there's a civilization cycle, where a race rises up to be the next "big civilization" before something happens and it falls. Like the Elves, Sagolians, and Humans(+other prey races). Dridders do have one, but their "big" civilization with Sineria lasted like...200 years only? Maybe 500? I cant remember, but its way too short.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
avatar

Posts : 178
Join date : 2013-05-25
Age : 24
Location : The Land of the Southern Heat, and Rebel Scum

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm going to be controversial, and say I wouldn't have made 99% the female preds naked, why? because if 90% of the male preds can find or make clothing then surely the females can just as easily. Heck, a bra and a wrap around like what Anna does is good enough for me.

I don't care what others say, my opinion will not change one bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://americanhero45.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Americanhero45 wrote:
I'm going to be controversial, and say I wouldn't have made 99% the female preds naked, why? because if 90% of the male preds can find or make clothing then surely the females can just as easily.
Where do you pull this statistic ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Well there's nothing for it then, we must have more nude males!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
avatar

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 26
Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Indeed! =p Time for more male preds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
avatar

Posts : 3845
Join date : 2007-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Canada. ^.^ Goooooo Snow!

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 am

Of course someone had to play the nudity card. >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:15 am

I only accept clothed predators if they live in an socitey.....since most of them live by themselves, having these loners clothed would simply beg the question as to...

A: ...How they learnt the purpose of clothes.

B: ...How they learnt how to make clothes.

C: ...How they learnt how to gather the matieral for clothes.  

D: ...How they managed to balance manufacture of clothes with their more urgent needs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
avatar

Posts : 3768
Join date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks for all your responses Smile
I see a couple that come back often like the immortality or the people coming from other worlds ending up in Felarya. The immortality point is a pretty complex one indeed. It creates quite a lot of problems and questions that stem from it. To be honest I have been thinking for a good while about removing it altogether, and changing it to a really long longevity instead. Although that would be quite a big change indeed.. What do you think ?

_________________
My main gallery
The Felarya wiki
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 675
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:36 am

I think changing immortality to a really long longevity may solve some problems population wise, but it still poses the same ones when we look at it from a biological point of view. Longevity depends on the organism, not the world it lives in. Although generally environment and feeding habits can change the life expectancy by a whole lot, an organism intrinsically has a limit. So, a really long longevity or immortality really doesn't make much difference in that area; both could even share the same explanation as to how the organism is prevented from becoming old.

_________________
TOA Heavy Industries, that's the name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:51 am

Objectively speaking, nothing will really change if you change the prospect of the soil preventing someone from physically aging past twenty, to simply having an increased lifespan granted from immensely powerful healing magic in the environment. Yeah, the wiki does mention the immortality, but the subject itself has never been extensively explored throughout stories, pictures, or even characters, except maybe one or two. True, there's Mezzus who is shown as ancient in the character, and there's that one Guardian who masquerades as a human child, and she's pretty much a living fossil compared to him, but in their cases, you can probably chalk it up to Wizards Live Longer.

That said though, should it be changed to increased longevity and people still die of old age once their time is up, would they still not age physically and would they still not grow weaker from their bodies becoming so old?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: If you could change something   

Back to top Go down
 
If you could change something
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How to change header text
» How to change forum name?
» How do i change ranks?
» change chatbox name
» Change the logo of Brown & Brown theme?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: