Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!

Go down 
+12
Ilceren
DarkOne
Grave
Pendragon
Sanion
Darth_Nergal
ravaging vixen
Mr. I
parameciumkid
jedi-explorer
Nyaha
Amaroq
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 am

More update News:

I decided to rework the tutorial slightly, also added some mayor cutscenes to the game. I also added some minigames and puzzle opportunities as well as an experimental first vore scene. The main problem at the moment is that I am a lazy and terrible writer, so thats why the first act still isnt done, so instead I focus on improving the actual gameplay and try to make it more interesting even when it's about things that won't appear until Act 4 or so... I really need some motivation to write the essential dialogues though... And cutscenes are a pain in the ass, I spend well over an entire day for a single one... Well, this is the thing when you work on something like this as a 1-man team...

Today I enabled controller support.

Please tell me if these controls are easily understandable, in arrangement and presentation of this help screen.
You will only see the screen appropriate to your controls, so keyboard users will only see the keyboard and not the controller and vice versa.

There are also controls for Menu navigation and Battle, however, since the field navigation is the most complicated, I figured that it would be enough to show this instead of every button. Most should be self explanatory anyways.

When posting ideas, please keep in mind that I can only rearrange key configuration. I am already using every single key avaiable to the player. I could still add the ALT key, but then controller players would be at a disadvantage.
Also,please note that this is just the standard setting. all keys are rebindable via a system menu.

Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Game_Controls_zpsd05f9d5c

Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
nipa101
Naga food
nipa101

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 am

I would love to help you Smile just tell me what you need.
Back to top Go down
http://tlank606@Gmail.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 am

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with using USB controllers with my computer to play video games. I have a couple friends who do - but neither are into Felarya ^^;

Though I do use controllers for my 360 of course, and these seem good. I'm just trying to imagine it in my hand.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:42 pm

The first thing that comes to mind seeing the images is that there are more buttons than the ones used. All gamepads have two back buttons on each side, while you only used one on each (LB and RB). There are also two more buttons in the form of pressing the two joysticks, though those are rarely used in most games.

As for readability and use, I think the arrange you used for the bubbles is fine, but maybe the button assignment could be modified a bit. From the "Turn on the spot" button, I gather that the action is going to be fast-paced and such, so I would place such an important command in one of the main four buttons. Besides, I think most people are used to opening the menu with the start button, so I'd recommend you to use that button too. Therefore, I'd advice you to leave things like this:
Start-> Open menu.
RB -> Switch between parties.
B-> Turn on the spot. Cancel during interaction.

With those changes, I think the button arrangement would be more suited to player's needs. Still, maybe you could explore how to enable a button rearrangement option for the player.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Acually, I disagree with Ilceren. Turn on the spot sounds like, as something used in the field and not in battle, something players can use to make their movement more precise, for making tight turns on narrow walkways or something without much urgency, and likely to be used in conjunction with the left joystick. It would feel more intuitive having it assigned to a shoulder button, like the run button in Animal Crossing or free running in Assassin's Creed. That said, I don't know how comfortable I'd be using the A button to run, so maybe that and fast forward during interaction could be assigned to a shoulder button, the shoulder button could be moved to the X button and the A button could become 'interact'? Or something like that. I do agree with switching 'Open Quest Journal' to the Start button, though.

Another thing you mentioned, him not making use of every button available, I think might be useless feedback, since he said he's already using every key available to him. I'm assuming the program he's using only allows so many keys to be assigned to controls, and if that's the case, it probably does the same for controller configuration, or maybe it just doesn't make sense to have more controls available on the controller  than on the keyboard. He also mentioned players will be able to rearrange the keyboard controls, so I'd assume they could do so for their controller as well.

Of course, I could be wrong about all that stuff. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:01 pm

nyaha got it pretty much right. And yes this is just the default stuff. However, the default controls can only be switched out with each other as a whole. I cant open the menu on Start and cancel on B, the RP maker does not allow that.

I guess I'll go with it as it is and then recommend players to think about manually switching A and X button with each other on the controller. which is possible in a menu by pressing F1.

--------------------------

Last edited by Amaroq on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Well I think those are some pretty welcome updates. I like the pictures especially. The flying over Felarya thing reminds me of an old FF game. Though I'm unsure which part of Felarya it is.

If a playthrough of the first act is ready I think you'll get a lot of volunteers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:55 am

Sooo, I thought its time for another update so people know I am still working on this project.

I made a relatively long pause in which I only made a few changes and additions, like adding a couple of vore scenes, but now with the new year I am back on track and continue to try and get things done. At the moment I dont have anything fancy to show you, however, theres one reason I post this since there have been a few new members since I originally posted this message.

I am still looking for talented artists, who are capable of creating
Pixellerated:
- SPRITES (32x32 or larger character models in a spritesheet - if you dont know what that is, you probably cant make them)
- TEXTURE PACKS (even parts of them will do)

Drawn
- Battlers (enemies)
- Scene pictures (especcially backgrounds!)

I can do most things by myself and/or using ressources I find on the internet, but if any co-workers are willing to participate, send me a message. :3

Also, if you have any suggestions for appearing characters and/or quests that might appear within the game, feel free to post them with a little scenario and dialogue. The most important thing however is that the characters of my story, aka the player, must have a reason to interact with them. And they cannot play any major part in the storyline as that one is already fixed and will not be changed anymore unless an idea really strikes me. This is your chance to have your character appear in a real video game. Take it! Very Happy
(I wont promise to actually take your idea in the end, it depends on avaiability and usefulness of the idea and i might do changes to the original idea to make it fit better. Of course I will do anything with your cooperation and you will be named in the games credits for ownership of said character and giving the idea)
Back to top Go down
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Americanhero45

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 6:48 pm

input for death scenes.

I suggest you don't shy away from human sized nagas/dridders eating human size creatures (the dridders do it via sucking your guts out and nagas...well, you get the idea.)
Back to top Go down
http://americanhero45.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:37 am

I don't think Dridders suck out the insides of human-sized prey, it would be kind of a waste. I'd say Dridders eat human-sized people whole, just like any other giant pred, and it is same-sized prey that they dissolve and suck out.

But anyway, from what I've heard from Ama, he's not shying away from vore death scenes at all.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:58 am

I'll be sure to include such a scene, but I probably will label the same size sucking out as hardvore, so people will have to enable it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!   Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating a Felarya Videogame. YOU can participate!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2