Share | 

An Oversight From Years Past

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack

PostSubject: Re: An Oversight From Years Past   Sat May 10, 2014 9:59 am

I still think there needs to be a way to make some sense out of the fact they held off Sineria for so long. I suppose with their tail and magic they have a potentially deadly fighting capability, but even then...I dunno. I suppose we could look at it like the Scottish Highlanders? Those guys were never really conquered by anyone. People got close, but even though there's many different clans, they all come together and they have a really seemingly natural propensity to fight well.

Unfortunately my brain cannot focus on anything else though, since I'm so tired, but I just had to comment. I hope the rest of Naga culture is smoothed out well, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: An Oversight From Years Past   Sat May 10, 2014 10:11 am

Well the Nagas could have employed Guerrilla warfare, it doesn't always have to be about open conflict.

And of course an army is only as good as their practices, if the Dridder army discipline was flawed enougth, then it woulden't have mattered how massive their army was.

I can already point out one flaw, the wiki points out that Dridders settle arguements with duels that were often fatal, not exactly a wise practice when you rather your followers to be fighting the enemy...not killing themselves over their egos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: An Oversight From Years Past   Sat May 10, 2014 10:19 am

Also I think just the fact nagas could wield magic gave them a bit of an edge, especially if you consider a mage to be the equivalent of heavy artillery in warfare. I could see nagas have warriors in the front line and spellcasters raining destruction from the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: An Oversight From Years Past   Sun May 11, 2014 7:11 am

hmmmm should I give my input on this topic hmmmm.

I do have some differences between cannon and my stuff on purpose (like Quaz being killed off) but most of it can be fit into cannon.

poor Sineria, she just needed more hugs <3

its more with Dridders then Nagas but does explain a lot about the war from both sides idk w/e you guys want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: An Oversight From Years Past   Sun May 11, 2014 11:44 am

Dark One wrote:
Well the Nagas could have employed Guerrilla warfare, it doesn't always have to be about open conflict.

Yep. That's basically what helped America win it's wars in the part before tech made Geurrila Warfare less plausable. Darn drones and spy satellites.

Claire wrote:
poor Sineria, she just needed more hugs <3

XD But that could be fatal! ...Imagine if her bra/ corset popped! =P Avalanche!! Sides you can't hug evil away! Evil is eternal unless one makes a heroic sacrifice like Anakin did. I can't see Sineria doing that. Also it'd be annoying. Felarya has so few villains you can easily cite, but Seneria and Demecrelle are both two, not mention employ the rare Dark Lady trope, of the most feared villainesses in all of Felaryan Lore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Oversight From Years Past   

Back to top Go down

An Oversight From Years Past
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2