Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food for Thought

Go down 
+5
Stabs
Bandur Khan
DarkOne
Amaroq
Archmage_Bael
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Food for Thought - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 4:31 pm

I dunno, Bandur. Doesn't work for North Korea, doesn't work for South Korea, doesn't work for the USA, doesn't work for Israel or its neighbors. War might not be enough to shake everyone up.

What we need is a plague that affects kittehs. The world shall come together to save kitteh because kitteh is fuzzy and cute.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 6:36 am

Bandur Khan wrote:
So You see, why my Friend Foschi (the one who mentioned, there are no Pirates in One Piece - but many Drag Queens and Clowns) seriously said to me: "It may sound hard - but I think this World needs a fat War - or a Pandemia - or even a huge-ass Space Pebble (Asteroid) - only then everyone would come to their Senses again. No, wait - I think, we need all three at once."

And the sad Thing is: He may be right at all.

Come to our senses "again?'

What does that even mean? By what definition should one apply to "having our senses." and by what measure that we claim that we had only just recently lost it as opposed to the possiblity that we never had our senses with us to begin with?

Generally though I would just say humanity needs clarity and better self-awareness, we don't need calamity, that will just murky the waters up even more.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Oh... do I really need to explain it?

After every natural Disaster (Flood, Bushfire, Justin Bieber, whatever) You can observe a surprising Change in the Mind of People - they help each other, they care for one another and so on. Like in a Dream...

But only then.

After that it is back to Business, where most of them are the same Assholes as usual. Oh, wait - at Sunday they go confessing in Church - so they can be an Asshole for the next Week, too.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Bandur Khan wrote:

After every natural Disaster (Flood, Bushfire, Justin Bieber, whatever) You can observe a surprising Change in the Mind of People - they help each other, they care for one another and so on. Like in a Dream...

Not everyone does that, some will drop petty differances and help others...some will just use the disaster to their advantage and continue being assholes.

Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Okay - that´s true. Perhaps the nice ones stand more out at such Occasions?

But I think now You know, what I mean - it´s the so-called `Trümmerlotten-Effekt´, named after the Women in Germany after WW II, who had rebuilt the Cities mostly out of Rubble with their bare Hands.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:36 am

Its just, nobody seems to know how to set aside their differences.

In my case, I either don't think about it, or just assume what they did to offend me was on accident. Though putting it on a world leader scale is a lot more difficult. Leading countries has been a corrupt job since the beginning. Its been thousands of years since anyone was honest about it, I think.

The only way for humanity to ally, is to find a common enemy. Thats the only thing that'll help us, because we're inherently violent creatures (and strangely, aslo inherently peaceful, but the former takes over too easily.)

As for the church comment, where did that even come from? Then there's the disaster relief. Everyone helps in that occassion. You know how many people I know went to either Japan during Fukushima, or Hurricane Katrina and the others? Or donated because they couldn't go and help physically?
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 11:59 am

I know a girl who's mute, so this really hit hard for me. Especially since she heard herself make a sound for the first time ever just recently.
I'm so proud of her Smile This reminded me of her, when I stumbled across this video of someone else hearing.

Of course the difference for her is she was born mute, not deaf. Her circumstance is a bit different, but the result was similar: not being able to talk or hear yourself talk. It gives me a new kind of empathy for those who lack these senses.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 9:11 am

http://aeon.co/video/psychology/the-divided-brain-beyond-left-brainright-brain-thinking/
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 8:06 am

Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 12:00 am

Wha... WHERES THE VIDEO!!!

*screaming and swearing
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:14 am

Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 2:16 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/life-of-solitude-a-loneliness-crisis-is-looming/article15573187/?page=all
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 3:11 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/11/oregon-8th-grader-suspended-from-school-for-wearing-patriotic-shirt-showing-gun/
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Nobody can survive a good director. This isn't really about intense worldly issues, but a bit more light hearted, and good to think about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buXz4BYS8kw#t=7m20s

Specifically until about 9:55

16:20 would actually be a vital thing we should pay attention to for world building in Felarya, so skip to 16:20 as well!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Dont troll, kids.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Internet memes.

http://www.people.com/article/taiwan-model-heidi-yeh-plastic-surgery-ad-meme
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 pm

California Drought

Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 3:52 am

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 1:00 am

A bit grim here. Documentary on antibiotics.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/hunting-the-nightmare-bacteria/
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:35 pm

So this was brought to my attention recently. This has a lot to do with our everyday internet usage. I'm sure everyone here can relate to this in some way.

People have until April 1 at 11:59 EST to submit a comment and speak out against the abuse of this outdated law on the internet. I can't say it'll mark a huge change, but it's something that I've been concerned about for a while, so I want to do my part in spreading the word. Even if you won't submit, could you guys maybe help me out with spreading this around a little more?

Here's the site you can send your message with: https://www.takedownabuse.org/
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 2:33 am

Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Those are good ones.

I've always wondered about the destruction aftermath myself.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:34 pm

I recently read the Civil War arc from Marvel, and they cover that point partially, specially in the Civil War: Frontline plot. Basically, supers help clear and rebuild what they knocked down, in the respite periods between evil plots and world-wide menaces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food for Thought   Food for Thought - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food for Thought
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next