Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nergal's Ideas Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Nergal's Ideas Thread Empty
PostSubject: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Just a place for my smaller ideas that don't need a book's worth of paragraphs to go through the details. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:09 pm

and for my first idea, a random edible plant. 8D

Name: Fairy Fruit

Appearance:

It's shaped much like a pear is. The skin of the fruit tends to be various shades of yellow. When Fairy Fruit is ripe enough to be eaten it tends to be a dark yellow. The actually fleshy part of the fruit has the texture of a mango, and is very sweet and juicy. They tend to be about the size of a mango.

-----

Extra:

The Fairy Fruit is easy to grow, and is commonly found near the Fairy Pond. They grow on a tree that looks a lot like an apple tree. Fairies commonly use the fruit as a dessert, using it and its juice to sweeten meals or make tasty drinks. Despite it's sweet taste and how easy it is to grow, Fairies and Tinies are the only species to eat the fruit regularly.

The reason for this is an odd quirk that gave the fruit it's name. When people eat Fairy Fruit, they end up being temporarily shrunk. As a general rule a single fruit can shrink a human sized being down to neera size. What makes it even more interesting is that the fruit can even shrink giant predators, provided they eat enough of it in one go. Tinies are the only ones not majorly effected by Fairy Fruit, though if it's because they're already tiny or the fact that they can't eat an entire fruit by themselves is unknown. As for Fairies, they do shrink, but they can use their magic to reverse the effects almost immediately, and they generally aren't worried about their current size in the first place.

The amount one shrinks depends on how much one eats. So if you only took one bite, you might lose a few inches at worst, provided you're human size. It also retains it's shrinking effects when it is turned into juice, or cooked. However, in order to shrink someone, it has to be ingested. After eating the fruit, it generally takes 3-4 minutes for the fruit to be absorbed to shrink you. Once it does take effect though, you're immediately shrunk, much like if a Fairy shrinks you. The shrinking is not permanent,. It lasts around an hour to two hours, with a maximum of three hours, after which you return to normal size.

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Mon May 05, 2014 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Well, the fruit itself is not bad. It can lead to a few funny situations, but also be a source of great danger or a decent means of defence, so it has its uses. Although I get the sensation... The idea feels a bit basic to me, even though I don't find much more that could be expanded, given that it's a fruit. Maybe you could provide a bit more of information on the plant it grows off from; if it is a tree, a bush or a ground level plant, a general description and anything else that it may occur to you.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Ohh, good point. I never even thought about what it grows off from. =O I'm thinking a medium sized tree would do.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:07 am

Hey that's actually pretty interesting. It's basically a naturally-occurring shrinking potion (assuming size-altering potions are even canon). ^_^ I actually feel like this would fit really well in Felarya.

I do have many questions about it I'd like answered, though. Do you actually have to eat the whole thing for it to affect you, or will it take effect after a certan number of bites out of it? If the latter, then would the number of bites needed to shrink change depending on the height/body type of the person eating it? If the former, then could I take all but one bite of it so I don't shrink? Also, does it retain it's abilities when made into juice? What about if the juice is simply poured onto something instead of ingested, will it work then? Also how big is the fruit itself?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 2:58 pm

That's right, I also had a question I forgot to add. Are the effects permanent, and if not for how long do they last?
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Alright, lets answer these one by one, starting with Nyaha:

Nyaha wrote:
Do you actually have to eat the whole thing for it to affect you, or will it take effect after a certan number of bites out of it?

It's effects are bite-by-bite, but not immediate. So if you only took one bite, you might lose a few inches at worst, provided you're human size. After eating the fruit, it generally takes 3-4 minutes for the fruit to be absorbed to shrink you. Once it does take effect though, you're immediately shrunk, much like if a Fairy shrinks you.

Nyaha wrote:
If the latter, then would the number of bites needed to shrink change depending on the height/body type of the person eating it?

Yes, the amount you eat, your size, and your body type all are taken into consideration. As a general rule, a single fruit can shrink a single, average sized Felarian Human to Neera size if they eat the whole thing. A small naga that's close to human size would need to eat a bit more because while they may be as tall as a human, they're often a bit longer. Same reason why giant nagas would need a ton of the fruit to shrink.

Nyaha wrote:
Also, does it retain it's abilities when made into juice? What about if the juice is simply poured onto something instead of ingested, will it work then?

It retains it's shrinking abilities when it is turned into juice. I wanted to add "Many a giant naga has been unexpectedly shrunken by Fairy Fruit after accepting drinks made from it by their fairy friends" but couldn't find a good place to add it. X3

And what do you mean by poured onto something? As in poured onto a cut or something? I don't think it would. The shrinking process is caused by it being digested. Something about the way the body processes it activated the shrinking effect.

Ilceren wrote:
Are the effects permanent, and if not for how long do they last?

They are not permanent, and it lasts around an hour to two hours, with a maximum of three hours. I was going to originally set it to however long it takes for fairy magic to wear off, but since it's injested it should last a little longer then that.

Nyaha wrote:
Also how big is the fruit itself?

I would say it's about as large as a mango.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:07 pm

It's a nice idea I think Smile
it's pretty fitting ,especially near the shrinking pond and I can imagine some funny situations over it. Nice job ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:36 am

So, its been a while since I had a new idea, but thanks to this thread, https://felarya.forumotion.com/t4056-today-i-learned-dryad-networks-are-100-real ,I have come up with something. And its a bit darker then my last idea. Now, I'll need some suggestions for a better name because all I have is Felarian Cordyceps. Sure, its technically what the thing I'm making is but...I think we can come up with a better name.

Felarian Cordyceps - WIP:

Corpse Dryad - WIP:

A great thanks to Grave for coming up with, and helping flesh out the Corpse Dryad. And thanks to TheUltimate for giving me the idea of making Corpse Dryads a sub-species of Mycodryads

Also, I'm not sure how high to put the threat level of these two. Both are pretty dangerous, and both are generally difficult to detect until its a bit too late.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Wow! I like both ideas even though they are creepy. They add a danger level to the setting and an extra challenge. Though I'm not sure I agree with all Corpse Dryads being inherently evil. I think it'd be cute to have a Corpse Dryad in love with a human sized character and be trying to convince her to have children with her and at first the adventurer is up for it till they hear what all it entails. XD Talk about awwwwkkkkkkwaaaard~ But cute! Then again I love flawed romances being the butt end of those allot. =P
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 3:32 am

I'm glad you like it. Very Happy And you might be right, maybe I could make them less inherently evil. Instead they could be perceived as being cruel and evil due to how they reproduce. Lol, and a relationship like that would be highly entertaining. The dryad would not only be thrilled, but would see the adventurer as someone supremely special. As would most of the other Corpse Dryads.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Darth_Nergal wrote:
I'm glad you like it. Very Happy And you might be right, maybe I could make them less inherently evil. Instead they could be perceived as being cruel and evil due to how they reproduce.

Aye! Misunderstood rather than totally evil would allow for more wiggle room with personality. I think that's one reason we don't see many Wrath Maidens in even heavy harpy users. They inspire so much anger and such that it's hard to see them as positive.

Nergal wrote:
Lol, and a relationship like that would be highly entertaining. The dryad would not only be thrilled, but would see the adventurer as someone supremely special. As would most of the other Corpse Dryads.

XD I doubt the partner of the Dryad would feel very honored, but hey! Maybe they got a freind whom they confide in! A totally non-bias female mantoid. Laughing No pressuring or tricks there, right? Hmm actually the more I think about the more I should make this a short story. X3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nergal's Ideas Thread   Nergal's Ideas Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nergal's Ideas Thread
Page 1 of 1