Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC vs Console Gaming

Go down 
+4
Darth_Nergal
gwadahunter2222
The Ultimate
Archmage_Bael
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PC vs Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:30 pm

Watched a video here, thought I'd get a discussion started up. Personally I like PC gaming, I have since the 90s.
What about you guys?

Speaking of which, I heard TB got cancer. Is that right?
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:45 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Speaking of which, I heard TB got cancer. Is that right?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1264654/totalbiscuit-cancer-gaming-commentator-john-bain-has-full-blown-cancer/ That is correct. :/

And I've always used a console, think my first ever console was a Sega Genesis since my earliest gaming memory is when I was playing Sonic 2. I think throughout time, I ended up with getting the Genesis first, then PS1, then a Sega Saturn, then a PS2, then Game Cube, and then in 2006 I got the Xbox 360, and so on. I've always liked consoles, so I can see myself forever gaming on them. But PC... I'm not fond of PC gaming, I will play LoL every now and then but I just can't stand PC gaming as a whole. I know it has loads of pros, but the cons are what get to me. Needing the correct specifications is one, that's really annoying. On a console I can just put in a disc and play.
Back to top Go down
http://xxtheultimate39.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Honestly, I've started gaming mostly on the PC. At school there was a place I could play nintendo, but I couldn't buy the console myself, so I had to use my parent's pc for smaller games. That's why I got into PC gaming mostly.

Its not that hard, you can get a bare-bones system and just upgrade the video card and you'd be set. Specifications are minimum requirements, and if you get a new PC, you wont have to worry about them for a few years. That's my argument at least.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:47 pm

I play both on console and PC but I'm disappointed with the last gen of home consoles. They are too similar of PC in terms of games library. I want more to invest to a new PC than buying a PS4 or Xbox One. I will maybe gives the Wii U a chance.

I bought lately a 3DS and a PSVita. I love them both. It's a shame the PS Vita doesn't sell well it's a good hardware.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Personally I prefer PC. I like being able to mod my games, and PC games tend to last a bit longer in my opinion. For example, last time I played it, which was about two months ago, Star Wars Battlefront 2 still had online multiplayer, AND there were still people playing it. I highly doubt you'd be able to do that on a console. You also have more options with a PC, as games for xbox and playstation can usually be found online in some form or another. And it'd just a bit easier to upgrade a computer to handle new games then it is buying a whole new console.

That said, I've been stuck using the X-Box for most of my major gaming since my laptop went caput, and I do enjoy it. Plus the Gamecube and Wii are fun, especially when it comes to Smash Bros. So I do use consoles, just prefer PCs
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Sigurd
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sigurd

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:59 pm

I play games on both my PC and my consoles, I grew up with both, but I never had THE state of the art parts in my PCs because I didn't need the super fancy games to have fun. But what I've seen from the PC side of the arguments is that the thing that the PC brings to the table is prettier graphics and the ability to mod your game. But here's the thing, if you don't give a damn about visuals and mods are a gimmick to you, PC gaming isn't worth your time. If you do? More power to you, PC gaming is worth your time.
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:38 pm

i actually got a 700 dollar computer x3 I like PC gaming, but consoles are so mainstream
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:26 am

Master Race represent.
Back to top Go down
Sigurd
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sigurd

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 am

Pendragon wrote:
Master Race represent.
And this is why I don't like PC gamers.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 3:21 pm

I like it mostly because its what my favorite games were on when I was a kid (aside from Mario, but I never had SNES until after I got win 95, lol. command and conquer for the win.)

Also PCs can always stay up to date. That's the good thing.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Here's my honest opinion about this...Me myself, I enjoy Pc gaming more, but that's only with myself yeah it's bigger, and heck i can make it play any game i want to. But the Bad thing about it is, is that i can't socially draw it in to everyone unless they have a PC that has nearly the same specs i do or the minimum to play with me most the times.  Another advantage i would take For a PC is that it has a wide selection of games (simple ones too) that you can have fun to choose with with out having to pay straight up 60$/60€ for an excellent good quality game.

That's one thing i like about consoles. They're cheap. The newest generation is as good as a mid-grade gaming PC and the old one you can cheaply get and good around your friends with (halo, numerous rpgs, and stuff.) I think PC gaming is superior if your playing alone with friends with far distances. How ever consoles allows you to bring your neighbors,family, and still friends from far away at a relatively low price and i rarely have to replace the console for a goof five years like i would with a High end gaming pc.

That being said. I guess it depends on your preference of your play style of gaming. Do you like to have a powerful (or not) machine to play virtually any game you want with people from distant places. Or would you wan't to bring it close with your 4 friends and their console to create a potentially big LAN party that can now reach other friends in places from far away due to the Console online communication via xboxlive/playstation network at a relatively low price...(Depending on who you have to pay for.Damn Microsoft and their server transactions). Honestly though I myself am more of both. I play halo/cod with my cousins a bit along with dance central and other stuff. Meanwhile i play top AAA games or mmo sessions on my machine, what ever. So Capability and logistics I give it to the PC. For immediate community purposes. I give it the consoles. MLG wouldn't exist with out them.
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Sigurd wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
Master Race represent.

he thinks he is a computer, silly robot
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Sigurd wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
Master Race represent.

Good thing I don't just restrict myself to PC then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 am

Tabletop gaming beats all. Razz Sorry, I had to. ^_^;;;;
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console Gaming   PC vs Console Gaming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC vs Console Gaming
Page 1 of 1