Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:12 pm

"Especially if you have to grip everything with your mouth while walking," quips the appendage impaired pony. "You should not have to taste what you're carrying." She bends down and picks up a stick with her tail. "We do have ways to compensate. Hair is an excellent conduit for ki, and we have ponies who lift buckets with their tails."

She closes her eyes now that the spark is deeper in the hole, and concentrates on what it sees.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Through the spark, Sybin would be able to see the floor of the burrow coated in white hair, like a carpet. There were some smaller roots peeking out of the dirt here and there, but no sign of any fungus.

"I've never liked the whole concept of prehensile hair," Kira states. "Never really seemed natural."
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 pm

"It's excellent for stitching wounds and equipment, as it let's the ki flow through. In fact, a friend of mine has a braid over 12 feet long. She braids it in her tail when she goes out to work. It moves like a snake for her, and she has it holding an edge at the end." She shiver when recalling just what Brenda can do with it.

Seeing that there is no fungus here, she directs the spark to the next hole. First, she does let it turn off it's light, in case that the mushrooms only glow in the dark.

Last edited by Scryangi on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Upon turning off the spark's light, Sybin might notice that there is actually a faint greenish light coming from somewhere deeper in the same tunnel, or one branching off from the first.

"Ugh. Glad I don't have long hair. I won't have nightmares about being strangled in my sleep by it," Kira muses, hunching over and placing her head in her hands. "Or maybe I will. Either way, I blame you."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 4:37 am

Sybin decides to send the spark deeper. While she does, she eyes Kira's hands.

"Oh, I understand that fear. I heard that people with hands sometimes wake up to find them strangling themselves. If I had hands, I think I would never close an eye." Uneasy, she shifts her hooves on the forest ground. "But tails are safe, you know? I never heard of someone being strangled by their own tail."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 am

"Heh. I guess everyone fears the unfamiliar," Kira remarks, seeing the similarities between the two concepts. "But logically, a hand isn't any different from a tail, right? Appendages controlled by the mind, moved by the body exerting force from within, whether it's muscles or...ki, or whatever. As long as the mind is sound and in control, neither of our fears should be rational."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 11:53 am

((I really did hear about people finding that their hand attempts to strangle them in their sleep, though it's most likely just scary stories like spontaneous combustion and stigmata.))

"Oh it's much less secure." The pony shakes her head while her spark gently makes its way down the tunnel. "Ki control is a secondary skill, like learning how to swim or jump, and not something as primary and instinctual as moving muscles." Really. She never has to worry about her hooves strangling her. Wait a minute! Would they attack others as well? It's not as if one has a sound mind while sleeping.

Better not piss her off, or her she might unconsciously act on it.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 2:13 pm

"If anything, that just makes your fear the less rational one," Kira pointed out. "The only way someone would just suddenly lose such a base level of control over a part of their body would be a mental disorder, or being controlled by someone or something else. Neither of which I plan to have happen to me."

As the spark continued deeper, Sybin would be able to perceive an upward slope in the tunnel, as well as the greenish glow becoming more apparent.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:42 pm

"Or one could just have an intense dream or something."

Sybin tells her spark to turn off the light, and investigate the glowing phenomena. If this goes well then she can gather the mushrooms without any incident.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 5:44 pm

(I thought the light already was off?)

"Do you have dreams that make you kick yourself in the face?" Kira asks with an incredulous tone, eyelids half-closed.

Soon enough, Sybin's soylspark would come across a patch of faintly glowing mushrooms growing from what looked like moist wood - the literal underside of the tree.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 1:27 am

((She turns it on and off to check. Off to see the glow, on for navigating, and now off again since she can see in the glow.))

"You mean, you don't?" She rubs her nose with her left hoof, trying to get rid of some phantom itch. "After I got in a swarm of splinters, small bug like thingies that crawl in your nose, I had to sleep on my belly for a while."

She perks up when she locates what she believes to be the target. "I think I found them. Starting the extraction." Little translucent tentacles of force flow from the spark to wrap around the mushrooms and pluck them.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 6:22 am

"Careful not to pluck them," Kira instructs. "You need to sever them as close to the base as possible, leaving a little behind so later fungus will have a little extra nutrients to start growing from."

If that familiar of hers is as versatile as she made it sound, Kira thinks to herself, then it should be too diffucult.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 12:49 pm

The soulspark familiar is one of the greatest achievements of the crystal ponies, and revolutionized their civilization. Carefully it takes a mushroom in its telekinetic grip, and forms a sharp tendril to cut it loose without impeding the future generations.

It doesn't take long before it has what Kira asked for. With it's precious cargo floating a few inches behind it, it is ready to make its way back.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:31 pm

While she waits, Kira tilts her head up without lifting it from her hand, and gives the air a few sniffs.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 3:51 pm

((Ah. I was hesitant to write that the spark makes it back without your consent.))

The spark's triumphant return puts Sybin at ease, as she feels much more secure with her partner besides her. "Here they are."

She happily hands--or is that 'hooves'?--them over to Kira. While expecting to find a look of gratitude, triumph, or treacherous glee, she does not like her sniffing the air. "Is there something you smell? Maybe we should get out of here?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Kira absently un-hunches her back as she looks about their environment. "It's nothing yet," she states before turning her gaze back to Sybin, and then to the mushrooms in her hoof. "Huh. Centaurs aren't nearly this articulate. Impressive."

The feline young woman takes the mushrooms in her own hand and begins inspecting them closely. She lifts one from the pile and gives it a couple of gentle squeezes while looking at it closely. "Vibrant colour, healthy elasticity..." she notes aloud. She then holds it close to her cheek and closes her eyes, staying that way for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 am

Sybin is a bit puzzled by what Kira said. Does she mean Sybin is more verbose than a centaur? The only two she heard of had quite the silver tongue, but they were travelers from a distant land so who knows?

Nervous, she starts to tap her hooves on the mossy underground. Interrupting someone usually means that they're even slower to leave, so she holds her tongue for now. Still, her ears and nose are trying to pick up anything coming their way.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 am

Sybin's senses wouldn't pick up much of anything. The smell of the forest, the rustling of leaves in the breeze. Ambient noise from various kinds of fauna.

"And a healthy warmth, too," Kira says finally, eyebrows raised, impressed. She brings the mushroom from her face and places it back in the pile, then begins undoing the drawstring of her sack with her free hand. "You're either a natural at this or just have beginners' luck."

She deposits the fungus into her bag which, when opened, absolutely reeks with various combined odours. Even from far away, it would assault Sybin's senses. The wrinkles in Kira's face betray her discomfort as well, and she quickly closes the sack once more. The smell doesn't dissipate instantly, but it certainly wouldn't be as strong.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Oh great. She sneezes. Now my nose will be clogged up with that scent. I hope we'll get out of here as soon as possible.

"Come to think of it, isn't there a friend of yours around?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:00 pm

"Like I said earlier, I don't know where he is," Kira said, tossing the sack over her shoulder and standing up. "He could be lost in the middle of the desert for all I know."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 12:40 am

Since Kira does not seem to care about her missing companion, this means that either he can take care of himself, or this species is as solitaire as the cats they resemble. Nevertheless, since Sybin has no way to find him, she too pushes the stray cat from her mind.

"So, where to now?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 am

Kira turns away from Sybin and begins walking once more and, without looking back, answers.

"Home."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 pm

"Okay then..."

With no better option, Sybin trots after Kira, keeping up despite the shrubbery.

"So, what's your home village like?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:43 pm

"Not bad, I guess. Some good people around, hard workers. Some of them don't know how to show proper respect for others, but they're relatively few, Altogether, the place isn't very developed, but we can at least sustain ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 2:38 pm

"Ah." She's happy to get some info on this place and its inhabitants. So far, they don't sound too bad actually. Furthermore, if they can afford to operate alone then this place probably isn't so dangerous.

Yep, I think that this mission won't be as bad as I feared after all.

In fact, she starts to relax a little, and follows the hypnotic swaying of Kira's tail. Ponies like to chase things.

((You know, I kind of like her saying this kind of stuff. It's not "what's the worst that could happen", but it's close.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next