Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 1:45 pm

As expected, the pony's eyes follow the tail, even as her own just flicks to the other side.

((Oh, very nice. I really like her expression. And I shall try raising the popularity of skirt and jeans combinations!))
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 2:43 pm

"Huh," Kira says quietly to herself. Maybe this person, pony, thing isn't a pervert after all, she thinks. Her tail resumes it's natural sway as Kira speaks up.

"Why are you acting so relaxed now? We're literally not out of the woods yet."
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 pm

"Well, you seem pretty calm, so..."

Sybin still hasn't detected anything dangerous yet, but she does try to pay more attention now.

"Since, I'm not from around here, perhaps you could tell me a bit about what kind of dangers are around here? All I know is that the animals from those holes might be around."

((Heh, I figured that Kira, being a cat, would know the appeal of a tail moving in front of your eyes. It's just so tempting to claw at it. cat

Oh, and you have no idea how tempting it was to write: "Well, what's the worst that could happen?"))
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:22 pm

(XD Tempting tempting fate. But you're so expectant of it now I don't know if I want to!)

"Oh, those are harmless," Kira said, waving her hand dismissively. "But I don't think it's a good idea to talk about "them" out in the open. Might tempt fate."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 am

((Heh heh, you teasing feline; (=`ωยด=) cat ))

Suddenly alarmed, Sybin grabs Kira's left shoulder with her soulspark, which is shaped like a four-fingered gauntlet now. "Wait, you people don't really have those around here, right? Flakes, shiver sailors, wendigos, delurius,...?"

She takes deep breaths, calms down, and continues in a monotone voice. "I was under the assumption that psionic creatures could only live in sub-zero environments. I shall keep my mind clear and dim then, to not leave any stray thoughts floating around."

The gauntlet dissolves back into a shimmer in the air, and she holds it at the ready for an ultra-sonic attack. That usually harms highly sensitive beings.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:53 am

Kira stops when she is grabbed and looks back at Sybin with a narrowed eye. She is starting to unnerve her.

"...I don't know what any of the things you just said are," she says finally. "And psions are pretty rare. Most creatures rely on their natural senses and/or various forms of magic in this world."

She once again turns her back on the pony and continues on. "Keep up, we're almost there."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 1:52 pm

The pony turns her head to the side, trying to digest Kira's words. "Isn't psionics just a form of magic? And what about Daemons and Fay? Do you have those here? You know, creatures born from emotions and dreams?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:36 pm

"Mages and psionics draw from different sources of power, for the most part, and generally have different abilities. They're two distinct practices," Kira explains. "As for those other things...Possibly, but by no means are they the most common..."

Her voice trails off and her pace slows. Her footfalls even become much quieter. Sybin would be able to see her ears twitching around back and forth, and her tail flick side to side in short movements.

"....threats."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 12:07 am

Sybin goes rigid as well, with only her ears moving, mimicking what Kira does.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:55 am

Kira pinpoints the source of the disturbances she'd heard above them and suddenly shouts, "Get back!!"

She herself dives past Sybin as a pair of huge feet fall from the branches above.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:46 pm

When you have to run, four legs are better then two, so Sybin hightails it as soon as Kira passes her. Almost she just ran straight away, but she turn to run with Kira.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:40 pm

The giant feet hit the ground with a huge bang. The impact seems to shake the world.

Kira herself had stopped long before, and is just getting to her feet. Even after that, though, she simply turns toward the giant being and looks up.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 2:11 am

Sybin's still running, and her spark reaches out to grab Kira, who seems to be in shock; the other side of the spark forms a yoke around her neck, so she can pull the immobile girl with her. The poor thing must be terrified.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 9:28 am

Despite the pull, Kira barely moves an inch. It isn't that she's heavy or frozen, though, but rather that she's actively fighting against the force of the spark (though she is also heavier than her build would suggest, partly due to her footwear).

Kira looks up at the ย squatting giantess, who wore an outfit of brown shorts, a brown tanktop, and had short brown hair and a green circlet around her head.

"Was that really necessary?" the feline asks, her question directed to the giantess.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 11:31 am

Realizing that this just might be the missing friend of Kira, Sybin stops running--it will still take a few minutes before he heart rate slows down, though.

She looks up and up and up at the giant creature, and wonders just how such a being manages to crash down--can she fly or something? As an afterthought, she releases her grip on Kira.

"So, you know this...person?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 2:50 pm

"Yeah," Kira says plainly with a glance to Sybin. She was surprised the equine stuck around after that. "Meet Jade, guardian of Safe Harbor. You could call us...Work friends."

"I'd been scouting from the treetop," Jade said in answer to Kira's earlier question. "What would you have me do?"

"I dunno, climb down like a regular person?" Kira spat.

(I haven't read any of Ravana3k's stories, so forgive me if my Jade is a little off. ^^; )
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 am

Nyaha wrote:
She was surprised the equine stuck around after that
((That equine so happened to be tethered to you. Very Happy ))

Trying to suppress her adrenaline, Sybin takes in the dragon sized monkey, and in her experience, monkeys mostly eat fruits, leaves, and insects. Would I look like an insect? She looks as if she is lactating, so she would need a varied diet right now. Still, Kira is talking to her as if she is a friend, so...

For now, she'll just stand very still.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 8:26 am

Jade directs her sharp gaze to Sybin, and her eyes narrow further. "Picking up more strays, Kira?"

"Strange-looking one isn't she?" the feline responds. "Completely sapient, though, far as I can tell." She turns to look at Sybin. "Don't just stand there, introduce yourself!"
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Oh, right. Let's not be discourteous to the locals. Sybin bows her head, and introduces herself.

"My name is Sybin, a guardian of the Crystal Ponies. I was send to this neighboring world to get acquainted." She looks up at Kira, and her giant companion. "So, you are a guard, just like me?"

She also makes a mental note not to walk under giant trees anymore. Apparently, they support enormous weights.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 6:21 pm

"Exactly," Jade answered. "As you're likely aware by now, there's a settlement nearby. I make sure as few troublemakers as possible enter."

"And I pretty much take care of anything that slips by her," Kira added, smirking proudly. "And not just me, either - a number of the other residents help Jade out whenever we can. It's the least we could do."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:09 am

Hey, this place doesn't sound so bad. ^^ Sybin smiles, and nods her head in respect. "It is very admirable of you all, to help each other out. I promise you that I will not start any troubles here, and shall lend my aid when possible. With your permission, Jade of Safe Harbor, I would like to stay in your settlement for a while."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:28 am

"Permission granted, o formal one," Jade said as she stood up to full height, causing the view from below to become even more imposing. "I'll leave you in Kira's care. I'm resuming my patrol."

And with that, she walked off, stepping clear over the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:57 pm

With wide open eyes, and a smile of adoration on her lips, the translucent pony watches the powerful guardian step away. "How can such a large creature be so graceful," asks the knight in camouflage armor, completely ignoring the brusque entrance Jade made.

When Jade is no longer in sight, she turn to Kira. "Are there more of her kind around? What kind of fighting style does she use? How does she take care of her body? Do you people bring her food?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:56 pm

"Whoa, ease up on the curiosity throttle, there!" Kira said, her head tilted away from Sybin in irritation. "You're gonna' give me a headache, and you do not want to see me with a headache. Try one at a time." She began to walk again, heading toward a clearing in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:21 pm

"Oh, right." The pony trots after her guide, trying to prioritize her questions. Her build does not seem to support her weight, so how does she not sink through her legs? Is she magical? No wait.

"Are there many of her kind here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next