Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About vehicles and means of transport

Go down 
+6
jedi-explorer
Ilceren
Shady Knight
Bandur Khan
tkh1304
DarkOne
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

About vehicles and means of transport - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About vehicles and means of transport   About vehicles and means of transport - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Jedi-explorer wrote:
That's actually a clever bit of thinkin there, Vix. I didn't know the Scorpion was Ampibius. Gives it a whole 'nother range of ability including going under water where even a storm sprite wouldn't be able to turn it against you. XD Poor thing would short out. Bzzzt! Wha ha ha ha! Oh that image is too funny. Engines that use water in Felarya would have a greater advantage than those who run on limited sources like petrol or a battery of some kind. I'll have to consider Tam mentioning that to people in passing about Seeker vechiles.

They're not amphibious, that implies they can go in water and stay afloat. What i'm saying is that the fuel is water.

Aethernavale said::

Thank you, this is the kind of setting infrastructure of technology that i was trying to explain, but you said it a bit prettier and more logically eloquent.

Aethernavale wrote:
Or are they? Felarya is vast and we don't know all the aspects of it. Could there be a "Lon Tobyn Chronicles" style 'other' continent hitherto unknown that utilises technology instead of magic? Well, noone - Karbo included - has penned it in yet, but if it did exist you could reasonably expect them to have some other natural resource Negav could desire that they could also acquire taxes on should this other group not have access to their own gates. Generally speaking, the reason one hasn't been penned is because of the 'example' left behind by Ur-Sagol and the guardians.

I have always thought about that and said stuff vocally on that. But i'd go a bit more deeper on that. People think that's a plot device wall, but i don't really think much brought up or conceived the idea of a another place or city being like that. I've certainly been thinking of making a story based around that to prove a point and for fun, but I think it's more so...How should i say this. Most people think myopically of the plot or setting given and try to build around that vs trying to build with the composition of it as a whole. Which means they set boundaries in the imagination process that. "Oh yes, because Ur-sagol is an example of someone getting to big and civilized, I can't possibly make a city bigger than that nor i shouldn't And oh, maybe because i'm used to tehnology in our world, I have a perceived thought that they might expand greatly (As shady pointed out earlier, fauna and wildlife and damn that process of that happening also.) Instead of building the setting around your personal taste and plot devices. Like I pointed out earlier. Is that what you meant by "example".?
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: About vehicles and means of transport   About vehicles and means of transport - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:34 pm

I would suppose so. The example I referred to with Ur-Sagol ( and not mentioned but also of import: The Corrector Wars ) is that it prevents significantly powerful groups from just coming in and running amok. Negav is actually the city lock limit.

Quote :

The crystal is, of course, guarded constantly, because should it be damaged, destroyed, or stolen, then the entire city could potentially be overrun by ravenous predators, especially flying ones such as harpies. So far, plans to expand the city toward the Ascarlin mountains to the west have been constantly delayed, as the ground is crumbly in this area. Projects have also been made of implanting several smaller versions of the eyes around Negav, in order to increase the zone of safety around the city. It raises some problems though, both practical and political as creating an eye is a long and complex process, and some of the magiocrats are nervous at the idea of over-expansion, worrying the city could suffer the same terrible fate that befell Ur-Sagol long ago. The question creates heated debates among council members, although the prudent faction is the clear minority.

Ur-Sagol is a plot device in this case, but the Negavian's opinion on why they shouldn't expand is where the 'wall' I think comes from.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: About vehicles and means of transport   About vehicles and means of transport - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Yeah - Time to develop the massive Mining Equipment of MINOTAURUS Heavy Industries!
We need a 5000-Tons-Earthmover like the famous BIG MUSKIE and some huge Excavation Trucks like in Avatar! We will find this Ascarlin-Stuff. Just You wait and see, harhar...

(And now I will lean back and enjoy the Show...)
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: About vehicles and means of transport   About vehicles and means of transport - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:07 am

Don't forget the laws of economy. If you mine too much, price is gonna fall hard, and a small piece of Ascarlin is already worth a fortune. Magiocrats would never let the miners run such a monster, Bandur. On top of that, the Big Muskie doesn't work on a mountain.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: About vehicles and means of transport   About vehicles and means of transport - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 am

Haha, right - this Thing would move it. angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About vehicles and means of transport   About vehicles and means of transport - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About vehicles and means of transport
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3