Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angel/Demon Hunter Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Angel/Demon Hunter Help Empty
PostSubject: Angel/Demon Hunter Help   Angel/Demon Hunter Help Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Tel-Theris

A long time ago, it is said that there was a large city in the Elifga Valley. A large prosperous city thousands of years ago, but the King was so kind-hearted that he attracted the attention of a Succubus, who wanted to make that kind heart fall. Thus the city fell into chaos, and the survivors fled. In vengeance of their beloved king, the survivors learned to hunt for demons, and other extra-planar beings.

It is said that they already possessed the knowledge and tools, but whatever the case, they are a nomadic group of people wandering throughout felarya in many splintered groups - some are located near Ur-Sagol, others in Chidokai, near the Rosic Neko village, and many other places. Some of them wander through very dangerous areas as well, and are masters at concealing themselves. After all, the story they have passed down to their heirs had supposedly happened many thousands of years ago and have had that long to refine their technique. So they call themselves the Tel-Theris after their city, but refer to their practice as 'Spirit Hunters', in their own language.

In truth, the Tel-Theris are quite spread out. Small groups are everywhere, though there are a decent fraction of them in the city of Negav. It is said only members of their order can contact each other. It is a mystery how, and the tools and weapons they use to combat Succubi generally dont leave their hands - its just as likely to get hands on Vishmital weapons. They travel through the wilderness looking explicitly for Succubi, and sometimes Angels. Run ins with the Ceiciels are judged on a case-by-case basis, though generally seen as problematic, using their holy nature as an excuse to freely eat people despite their personal vendetta against demons - that and when their city fell, no Ceiciel ever came to their aid despite obvious demonic corruption. The other thing that separates them from common hunters, is their success rate. They are the only people in Felarya who actually give Angels and Demons something to worry about when they visit.

There are rare cases of Tel-Theris being hired as mercenaries or guides, as they are very capable fighters, and seem to know greater than most anybody the fauna and flora that exist within Felarya. However, they make it a point not to fight giant creatures, even if they do have the means to take them out. People being eaten is seen as a normal course for them, and are unlikely to fight off giant predators just because they may be present in the area. Every so often it is said that Tel-Theris will rescue a party of adventurers and take one of the survivors as a recruit to help keep their numbers bolstered. They will always have a price, which is another reason why it is rare to recruit them, as typically nobles or other very high ranking officials can afford their services; a strategy used so they can keep to their main objective, combined with this, and they generally aren't seen as being too kind hearted to others. Thus, a survivor of a party might not come back to Negav until years later, when they have been fully trained - however, they often come back a changed person.

---

I posted this in my own idea thread, but I'm looking for help in coming up with a way to call them 'Spirit Hunters' in their own language, just to get a greater sense of immersion.

I'm also looking for feedback. Generally I'd be more open to discussion in this thread than in my own idea thread, for once, I think.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Angel/Demon Hunter Help   Angel/Demon Hunter Help Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 pm

I love the idea! Demons and angels need something to fear. A sort of organization like they had in the movie Van Helsing but without the implications of churches more there was a Vatican but no religion defined. the only thing I find in error is the Rosiac Neko village is not int he Chidokai. There supposedly is a village in there somewhere of secrative nekos, but they aren't Rosiacs. Does remind me somebody needs to give articles like that and the Storm Elves some love.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Angel/Demon Hunter Help   Angel/Demon Hunter Help Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:45 pm

I have an OC, not meant to be feared but meant to annoy every living thing....
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: Angel/Demon Hunter Help   Angel/Demon Hunter Help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 2:41 am

didnt you want to plan something like this with me?
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Angel/Demon Hunter Help   Angel/Demon Hunter Help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Well kind of, this is an idea separate than that of the more angelic one.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Angel/Demon Hunter Help   Angel/Demon Hunter Help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:05 pm

So fear eh...
Reference; Diablo III Tyrael and Demon Hunter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angel/Demon Hunter Help   Angel/Demon Hunter Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angel/Demon Hunter Help
Page 1 of 1