Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Empty
PostSubject: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:54 pm

This is going to sound weird. Most of my friends have seen it in the past and say it is funny. I am a die hard fan of all Yugioh (Except that new Arc V shit). and Follow Yugioh religiously. I have seen a few songs from the Abridged and they are cool, but I am not sure if I should watch the abridged, would it kinda feel like betraying an old friend?

((Also to the Yugioh lovers here, WHOS EXCITED FOR THE NEW YUGIOH CLASSIC MOVIE: DARKSIDE OF THE DIMENSIONS WITH ONLY THE ORIGIONAL CAST?))

Ahem, sorry, but I need help.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 7:32 pm

I ain't got no time...
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:33 am

To answer your question, yes you should. At least give it a try anyway - the humor might not be for everyone, but it's clearly written by a fan of the series. If you don't like the earlier episodes, try skipping to around episode 20 - I think that's around where the production values increase. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 6:13 pm

there is no way you summoning your Egyptian god card before me.

bitch i might be
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 pm

dragon808tr wrote:
This is going to sound weird. Most of my friends have seen it in the past and say it is funny. I am a die hard fan of all Yugioh (Except that new Arc V shit). and Follow Yugioh religiously. I have seen a few songs from the Abridged and they are cool, but I am not sure if I should watch the abridged, would it kinda feel like betraying an old friend?

((Also to the Yugioh lovers here, WHOS EXCITED FOR THE NEW YUGIOH CLASSIC MOVIE: DARKSIDE OF THE DIMENSIONS WITH ONLY THE ORIGIONAL CAST?))

Well in the literal sense? No. You betray no friend, old or otherwise, cause it's anime. Anime can't literally be our friends. No in a metaphorical sense? Eh. I would say you are terrible but somebody has convinced me that watching DBZ Kai to catch up won't go against being a Hard Core DBZ fan so no. Honestly if a series needed some clipping to improve pacing? Yu-Gi-Oh would be the one I'd have to say. Gosh the monologues were so long they could take up most of the episode with the Dueling only being a minute long. Granted some episodes and strategies using the show's logic could make that minute very, very thrilling but still. You felt kinda ripped off. - -; Didn't know there was gonna be a second movie. Hm well I actually did enjoy the first so I may look for a stream or use up a free trial of Hulu or something and watch it. Especially if it'll be the original cast and not a bunch of new guys from the spin offs as I only watched the original and little of GX. 5D's pretty much just ended the vibe with ....ugh....Duel Bikes freak out
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 4:08 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
dragon808tr wrote:

Well in the literal sense? No. You betray no friend, old or otherwise, cause it's anime. Anime can't literally be our friends. No in a metaphorical sense? Eh. I would say you are terrible but somebody has convinced me that watching DBZ Kai to catch up won't go against being a Hard Core DBZ fan so no. Honestly if a series needed some clipping to improve pacing? Yu-Gi-Oh would be the one I'd have to say. Gosh the monologues were so long they could take up most of the episode with the Dueling only being a minute long. Granted some episodes and strategies using the show's logic could make that minute very, very thrilling but still. You felt kinda ripped off. - -; Didn't know there was gonna be a second movie. Hm well I actually did enjoy the first so I may look for a stream or use up a free trial of Hulu or something and watch it. Especially if it'll be the original cast and not a bunch of new guys from the spin offs as I only watched the original and little of GX. 5D's pretty much just ended the vibe with ....ugh....Duel Bikes freak out

Yep! the New movie is going to be the original cast (Yugi, Yami, Joey, Kiba, Tea, Tristian...exc). But I must say though, the series technically ends with 5Ds (As Zexal and Arc V are from another company, plus Zexal is pretty bad for the first 2 seasons. They try way to hard to mak it comical for the kids. And Arc V I haven't seen. It looks dumb! and the gameplay turns into pokemon!).

5Ds was my favorite, with The Origional and GX as close for second. Maybe I like GX a little more, as things get more creative there.

Either way, Nice to see a fellow yugioh fan here!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Oh I'm more than a fan. I was there since the premiere! My buddy invited me over cause I had no satellite,cause my dad turned it off, to enjoy it from and even recorded episodes. I Saw all but a few Duelist Kigndom episodes and most of Battle City but when the last two arcs int he first series came out I was out of high school with no internet but dial up. XD Come to think of it I must watch the abridged after Bleach now! I missed allot otherwise.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 4:37 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Oh I'm more than a fan. I was there since the premiere! My buddy invited me over cause I had no satellite,cause my dad turned it off, to enjoy it from and even recorded episodes. I Saw all but a few Duelist Kigndom episodes and most of Battle City but when the last two arcs int he first series came out I was out of high school with no internet but dial up. XD Come to think of it I must watch the abridged after Bleach now! I missed allot otherwise.

Yeah, so did you play the card game IRL? Who was your favorite charater? What was your favorite arc/Villian?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?   Should I watch Yugioh Abridged? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I watch Yugioh Abridged?
Page 1 of 1