Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe

Go down 
+5
Rythmear
gwadahunter2222
Daimo
Haar
Raveolution
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Empty
PostSubject: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Wouldn't there be some humans who would worship or serve, say, Crisis, or Kiki, and who would lure unwitting victims to them?

Or someone waiting to betray Negal City to them?

There's gotta be some idjit out there who is useful to the Predators in bringing people to them, in exchange for something.

Say, a merchant who wants to get from Negal to The Bowl with expensive goods and doesn't want Kahla or Crisis to eat him, so he lures caravans into traps and Kahla and Crisis come and feast when he rings the bell. Dingalingaling! Crisis knows she can get 20 times the fill that she'd get from eating him.

Can familiars exist on Felarya? (They sure as heck exist on the ultra-vore world I'm creating.)
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 pm

The answer to your question is over there *points*

*Whispering* Stop giggling, Crisis!
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Haar wrote:
The answer to your question is over there *points*

*Whispering* Stop giggling, Crisis!
Sorry, I'm macronized like the Zentraedi whenever I go into a forest or anywhere a Naga has been known to travel.

She can't eat a 50ft human. Smile
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:20 am

Meh, I guess. I wouldn't be one of them but I guess there are some tards out there. Once their found out they'd probably get the witch treatment.

"Burn 'em at the stake!"
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:29 am

Daimo wrote:
Meh, I guess. I wouldn't be one of them but I guess there are some tards out there. Once their found out they'd probably get the witch treatment.

"Burn 'em at the stake!"

It can have a possibility many importants groups or leaders have secret agreements with some predators, what a humans can't do to have more power Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Daimo wrote:

"Burn 'em at the stake!"

It can have a possibility many importants groups or leaders have secret agreements with some predators, what a humans can't do to have more power Evil laugh
Or to get rid of one's enemies.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 am

Has anyone considered that Gunther is in his own way a familiar to Every predator in Felarya in that he quite often points dull-witted invaders/travelers in their direction both for personal gain and so that he won't get eaten?
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Rythmear wrote:
Has anyone considered that Gunther is in his own way a familiar to Every predator in Felarya in that he quite often points dull-witted invaders/travelers in their direction both for personal gain and so that he won't get eaten?
He does? I never knew that. Is there some story about this?
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Raveolution wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

You don't read much of my work do you son Razz
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Rythmear wrote:
Raveolution wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

Oh, I re-read his profile. He sells people flare guns to attract predators who eat the evidence.

He's less of a familiar and more of a sell-you-down-the-gullet punk. A familiar would not be eaten by a Pred as long as he keeps the Pred happy; Gunther hasn't gotten to that point; if cornered well enough, he would still get eaten on sight no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:56 pm

Raveolution wrote:
Rythmear wrote:
Raveolution wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

Oh, I re-read his profile. He sells people flare guns to attract predators who eat the evidence.

He's less of a familiar and more of a sell-you-down-the-gullet punk. A familiar would not be eaten by a Pred as long as he keeps the Pred happy; Gunther hasn't gotten to that point; if cornered well enough, he would still get eaten on sight no matter what.

Nah man - the predators know him, if you read My stories you'd get that Razz

Crisis openly thanks him (even though she doesn't know where he is - she just knows he's there) for sending the Commandos in her direction.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:20 am

Rythmear wrote:
Nah man - the predators know him, if you read My stories you'd get that Razz

Crisis openly thanks him (even though she doesn't know where he is - she just knows he's there) for sending the Commandos in her direction.
Man, does he add color to the story indeed. I utterly hate him to pieces now but dang, the plot really would suffer without him.

And how did she eat a Commando? Was he, like, totally unarmed when they ran into each other? A Commando wouldn't be above throwing a grenade into her mouth. Harmless in her belly, yeah, but a grenade on her tongue? Something like that would require a retcon to put her back in the game.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:57 am

Read my story "Commando Storm"
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:07 pm

hmmm, actually i had wondered about this concept... in some ways the 'runners' in the bowl act like familiars. so in that way there are familiars in felarya... in fact most dryads have at least one closely connected smaller being (rarely do they have many, like in the bowl) but i would say its a fair to call them familiars. as for nagas that the rest, thats a bit more complicated... as they have a prevailing conception as to what humans are, namely food only. so first a naga, or other, would need to jump that thinking gap in order to have a familiar.

as for this hypothetical merchant..... who is he/she cause not many know where the bowl is (outside of those who live there)there rather isolationist you know XD
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Cypress wrote:
hmmm, actually i had wondered about this concept... in some ways the 'runners' in the bowl act like familiars. so in that way there are familiars in felarya... in fact most dryads have at least one closely connected smaller being (rarely do they have many, like in the bowl) but i would say its a fair to call them familiars. as for nagas that the rest, thats a bit more complicated... as they have a prevailing conception as to what humans are, namely food only. so first a naga, or other, would need to jump that thinking gap in order to have a familiar.

as for this hypothetical merchant..... who is he/she cause not many know where the bowl is (outside of those who live there)there rather isolationist you know XD
Oh that was a hypothetical merchant that I was talking about. His route actually might be from Negav City to the Miratans' base. As for the runners, what do they do? Is there a story I missed? scratch
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Lawl... maybe. 'The Jungle Bowl' its my story about felarya, centered around, the founding piece of, and the only authorized story about the Bowl XD
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com/art/The-Jungle-Bowl-part-1-45533280
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:06 pm

Cypress wrote:
Lawl... maybe. 'The Jungle Bowl' its my story about felarya, centered around, the founding piece of, and the only authorized story about the Bowl XD
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com/art/The-Jungle-Bowl-part-1-45533280
Well hell's bells, he really is a familiar. At least, if you are looking at it from the snake's perspective. Looking at it from a human's perspective, he just lured that reptile to its death, but then again, perspective is relative.

Was that Cypress who nailed the snake, or one of the other vine plants? I kept reading your opening paragraphs and comparing it to the map, but I kinda got lost. It would be funny as heck if, say, a giant wolf chased a runner too close to Cypress. Talk about getting wolfed down, hahahhah (sorry, dumb joke).
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:33 am

ahahaha no no please with all fervor continue the jokes, i am one a few who appreciate and deal out puns constantly XD and the way it works is that all the vines and most of the plants in the Bowl are directly controlled by Cypress.

there is more to the story as well, there are links to the next chaps in the description^^

as for its location, its off the map to the east... i need to draw it out eventually ^^;
Back to top Go down
TenakuMihara
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:52 pm

What about the character of Lea, how would she be classified? She is friends with Crisis and mildly enjoys seeing her eat people (she like to see Crisis happy), but to the best of my knowledge she's never actually assisted Crisis in catching anyone.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:42 pm

TenakuMihara wrote:
What about the character of Lea, how would she be classified? She is friends with Crisis and mildly enjoys seeing her eat people (she like to see Crisis happy), but to the best of my knowledge she's never actually assisted Crisis in catching anyone.
She's straddling the line, really.

For fear of appearing confrontational or aggressive, I'll leave it to others to imagine how normal humans would judge the character of a human who enjoys watching Crisis eat other humans... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:44 pm

I always took her as being passive towards the whole thing. She doesn't really care, but happens to be willing to condone whatever brings Crisis happiness.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Cypress wrote:
ahahaha no no please with all fervor continue the jokes, i am one a few who appreciate and deal out puns constantly XD and the way it works is that all the vines and most of the plants in the Bowl are directly controlled by Cypress.

there is more to the story as well, there are links to the next chaps in the description^^

as for its location, its off the map to the east... i need to draw it out eventually ^^;
What, pray tell, does Cypress eat, anyway? I can't imagine any humans come there that want to piss her off. I can imagine, all things being equal, that runners would lead quite a few wolves, giant snakes, etc., to her - I mean, rather than hear her belly growling, which has gotta be a fairly loud event.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Raveolution wrote:
TenakuMihara wrote:
She's straddling the line, really.

For fear of appearing confrontational or aggressive, I'll leave it to others to imagine how normal humans would judge the character of a human who enjoys watching Crisis eat other humans... Shocked

Rayna: Heh, a human that likes to watch a Predator eat her own kind. What kind of freak is she?

Jake: That's kind of cold, Rayna. But it is kind of messed up...
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Raveolution wrote:
What, pray tell, does Cypress eat, anyway? I can't imagine any humans come there that want to piss her off. I can imagine, all things being equal, that runners would lead quite a few wolves, giant snakes, etc., to her - I mean, rather than hear her belly growling, which has gotta be a fairly loud event.

heh, yeah that would be rather verbose... (thanks for the mental image lol) you got it though, its mostly wolves tigers and vipers... and what ever other mid sized pred might be in the area. because she's the only Felaryan 'plant' in the bowl she doesn't have to compete for nutrients as much and with the constant tending by the people, she dost need to eat as much as other Dryads^^
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Cypress wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

heh, yeah that would be rather verbose... (thanks for the mental image lol) you got it though, its mostly wolves tigers and vipers... and what ever other mid sized pred might be in the area. because she's the only Felaryan 'plant' in the bowl she doesn't have to compete for nutrients as much and with the constant tending by the people, she dost need to eat as much as other Dryads^^
So that would make them familiars, too. From the perspective of the wolves and such.

Well, actually, they're not selling out their own kind. I'm wondering, is the classic strict definition of a familiar 'one who sells out their own kind to some kind of other-species predator'? That leaves Gunther and, to my knowledge, only him. Lea just watches (*cringe*). She doesn't (to my knowledge) sell people out.

No, I didn't pass law school but I did sleep at the Holiday Inn Express... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe   Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Familiars! Come on, there's a bunch in every universe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next