Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retro in the progressive of videogames

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

Retro in the progressive of videogames Empty
PostSubject: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 am

I made this forum for people to post some quality videos or articles defining different systems or aspects of games with a clear contrast from it's predecessors or competition in a very educational and valid way. The most i've been hearing about recently is Starwars battlefront. People been saying that they didn't want it to be battlefield but they wanted it to be like battlefront which i found contradictory since the classic battlefronts were made from classic battlefieds. So i'm going to post this video down here of a pretty good observer in contrast between this reboot and  the older games.

Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 12:58 am

Valve... Valve always improves... That fact never changes..
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Lockheed X-17 wrote:
Valve... Valve always improves... That fact never changes..

They turned a multiplayer shooter into an economy simulator with hats. So that's impressive at least.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 3:00 am

At least they were better before, making frontiers of gaming. For example Half Life 1.
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 10:21 am

This is the same company that wanted us to pay for user created mods for steam, I can't say they are exactly infallible xD nor the most noble of large companies if they let their marketing and finance put that kind of practice (or at least for real consideration) into the game industry.
Back to top Go down
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 7:19 am

Bluehorizon wrote:
This is the same company that wanted us to pay for user created mods for steam, I can't say they are exactly infallible xD nor the most noble of large companies if they let their marketing and finance put that kind of practice (or at least for real consideration) into the game industry.

People forget context for that. The payment system wasn't a fault of their own so much that people abused it far too quickly far too much.
The system was meant to give people who put heart and soul a way to get rewarded, or at least have expenses (time spent) repaid.
It was meant to reward huge mods - IE the one where a team is converting the entirety of Morrowind game to Skyrim. It was meant to put a price on mods that were large enough to WARRANT it, were they not mods for a game.
Instead, dipshits decided their 2 hours worth of work on that sword that shines JUUUUUST right deserves to have a 5$ price tag on it. Which of course meant public outcry, which meant pulling the system.
It was a good, heartfelt idea with a flaw abused by the modders more than Valve themselves.

We've seen this already in a different form http://store.steampowered.com/app/362890/ This is a total overhaul and tune up, with original content added, of the Half Life game mentioned by lock.

A Paid Mod system would be far more streamlined and accessible for modders, rather than the demanding and arduous process to get a game on steam. And I'm pretty sure the paid mods system had Valve taking less of a cut from each sale than a fully fledged release.
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 7:31 am

Well that's why i thought it was stupid because i could see it getting abused a mile away. If people want to get paid for professional mods i think a thrid party way of doing it is a lot easier then relying on people to be trusting and reasonable with laissez faire capitalism on waging their prices.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 5:10 am

Bluehorizon wrote:

That did suck, and I'm still peeved at Valve for trying that. However, I think the fact that they listened and removed it almost immediately shows that they're not completely gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro in the progressive of videogames   Retro in the progressive of videogames Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro in the progressive of videogames
Page 1 of 1