Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Support of France

Go down 
+6
Bluehorizon
iZyren
Bandur Khan
ravaging vixen
dragon808tr
Archmage_Bael
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

In Support of France Empty
PostSubject: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:05 pm

I have changed my profile picture on Facebook to use the french flag over my avatar there.

I am deeply sorry for the family and friends who are suffering from this loss. If anyone wants to add anything or talk about it, this is the place.

In Support of France Eiffel10
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 5:22 pm

As stated in my post https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3974-why-am-i-so-effected-by-all-this
I am really disturbed by this, despite only having 2 friends over there (Karbo and Aegy). Both are fine, but shaken. I don't know why, but it bothers me. And I guess I can talk to you. You got a DA or Skype or Steam?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 1:24 am

mhm. I believe I have a link down below my signature to my skype. failing that, feel free to message me.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 am

This is more or less my thoughts on it.

Spoiler:

So no i'm not a war mongerer. But i do think that France taking the right action in retaliating the way they did to punish this force was the right one. You don't just go around killing people and snuffing their freedom of living for kicks,giggles and an erroneous belief in Ideology expecting to get away with it.

I'm going to be prepared so something like that doesn't happen and the states and hopefully not anywhere else for an action this deliberate. We don't need any more 9/11's for mass shootings out of pure hatred to stem from.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 9:29 am

Yeah, the bombings in retaliation, I assume you mean?

Unfortunately those targets were largely empty. ISIS saw that coming and apparently just up and moved.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Yeah, the bombings in retaliation, I assume you mean?

Unfortunately those targets were largely empty. ISIS saw that coming and apparently just up and moved.

Aww, seriously? Still though... You know, I am seeing many strange similarities between Isis and Cobra.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 5:12 am

I really don't understand these Retards... If it's Paradise and Heaven they want - fine. Then why don't blow they each other up all themselves? The we go down there building a phat McDonald's and that's it.

In a normal Universe the bad ones do their worst and the good ones their best. But if You want average Guys do really wicked Things - You need Religion.
Back to top Go down
iZyren
Naga food
iZyren

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 7:45 am

i see the problem as : lack of tolerance
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 1:13 pm

bandur Khan wrote:
In a normal Universe the bad ones do their worst and the good ones their best. But if You want average Guys do really wicked Things - You need Religion.

No...No you don't. Lets take a look at my peoples history, Russia. killed more of our own people and others with out religion that was worse than the holocaust. You really need ignorance and emotion to make people do wicked things.

iZyren wrote:
i see the problem as : lack of tolerance

To an extent yes, but it's not the muslim religion as the whole, It's the people that create political power vacuums in a religion or organization and start making up stupid creeds to convince people they're doing "a just cause". They don't lack tolerance the ones organizing these are hunters just like it said in Vix's photo there. They'll take advantage of anyone and anything like religion or creeds to get power to make people do wicked and horrible things. It's these kind of people that need to be stopped with aggression so they can stop committing horrible acts of humanity. Get rid of the bad weeds then hope the good weeds among the community with the problem can fix themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 4:16 pm

No, actually, it's not the case.

These people did not carry out those attacks because they're muslims, or because islam has been perverted. They had a political objective, hence what makes them terrorists- probably to get France to pull out of the Middle East. Their secondary objective was probably increasing prejudice against middle eastern people, so that more of them became vulnerable to recruiting, specially considering the number of refugees trying to get away from Siria right now. Even failing that France's government raised barriers against them, all they need is the people getting restless around muslims to make their secondary objective work.

Religion's got very little to do with it. You can get non-religious mass murders, and they aren't any less horrific. Their insanity is a lot more bare, though.
Back to top Go down
XionGaTaosenai
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 5:30 pm

I feel like this is a point worth stressing - responding to all of this by refusing refugees and promoting islamophobia would be playing right into ISIS/ISIL's hands. They want Muslims to feel ostracized so that they'll be more willing to join ISIS, and they want refugees from the Middle East to be unable to escape so that they'll have fewer options other than joining ISIS. here's a video that goes into it in a bit more detail.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Well, this may be true - doesn´t explain the pretty amoralic Text Passages You find in any ancient so-called `Holy Book´ , reaching from genital Mutilation over Homophobia, Genocide and Rapery to such Bullshit like hating Gays and Lesbians (and calling openly for killing them on Sight) and blowing Yourself up amidst Guys of whom You think as Your `Enemies´.
They aren´t Your Enemies - at best they give a steamin´Shit about You. All they want is to be left alone. Well, You can have any Religion You want if this makes You happy - but don´t come to my House with it. Please keep this Stuff for Yourself. It´s an open Society here and You have the Right of free Speach. But nothing more - especially not blowing Yourself up in the Middle of other People.

Stalin was an Atheist, okay - Hitler however was a born Catholic with some crude near-mystic nordic Fantasies. Hirohito was himself seen as a living God - and let´s not forget about North Korea - still ruled by a dead Guy named Kim Il Sung. The others are only his Descendants who look after their People to still praise him for whatever he may or may not have done and accomplished.
And for Mao... why does any so-called communistic System need some Guy they worship like a Saint? Where You look around in these Countries - everywhere are Portraits of Stalin, Mao, Kim Il Sung and so on - I thought in Communism anybody is equal?

And recently - ever wondered why only YOUNG Muslims are going to blow themselves up? Because the old ones (the beardy Guys with Glasses) told them, they will go to Paradise, oh yeah - why doesn´t anyone ask himself or even better these Guys, how they know that? Because their fancy Book tells them so?
"Hey - we have a Book here - let´s do what is written in this Book!"
Great - why can´t this Book be a Telephone Register of Barstow/Alasca? I bet many of these People out in the northern Wilderness were happy to get a Call once in their Life: "Hey, Dan - it´s for You!"
"Te-Le-Pho-Ne..."

So...
1.: How do these Mullahs growing out of the Dirt like Weed know about Paradise? Were they even there? And if - why coming back at all? You´ve finally made it - You´re here! You´ve reached Your Goal! Congratz! So stay the Fuck there, willya?
2.: If anyone of them had a so-called celestial Experience and Revelation, why aren´t they happy about this? They aren´t - until anyone else believes this Crap, too.
3.: 72 Virgins, oh yeah - this is a Reason only some Pinheads can fall for, which give a Shit for Women´s Self-Determination. But who says these are all FEMALE Virgins - and not the 72 Idiots, who blasted their Asses off before them?
4.: Without Your Ass, which was blown up, anything else You need to have Fun with 72 Virgins in the Afterlife is gone, too. Ever thought of that?
5.: If post-mortal Sex is the Best Islam has to offer I still say the World is better off without all this superstitious Crap, which holds us back as a Species.
6.: We don´t have to go this far, when You hear that some Bishop in Africa said: Yes, AIDS is bad - but not as bad as CONDOMS are. Well done!

So why should a healthy human Being hear to anything some Clerics, Mullahs or other Witch Doctors said to them? Because they wear funny Hats and Costumes?
Because they have a `greater Wisdom´? Well, if this is true, why is this Planet for the Majority of Mankind still such a shitty Place?
Or is it, because they claim to know Things You don´t know - about what happens, when You die for Example? This is the 21st Century - come on, isn´t it almost Time to get rid of this Bogus?

As for the Bible Belt: Putting `Reverend´ in Front of Your Name isn´t a Guarantee, that anything You say is meaningful or has a deeper Sense. Don´t get me wrong - the Majority of religious People is nice - but the ones, that aren´t nice are the ones making the negative News these Days.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 12:34 am

These things happen quite often, and it doesn't make them any less tragic. I feel for the survivors and their families, and can only hope the dead can find peace. These kinds of attacks are just inconceivable.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 8:32 am

Hmmm... my bad. There was no political objective behind those attacks, actually, it seems.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Bit of a long read, but there you go, someone's research into ISIS' ideology.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 9:44 am

Thank you for your kind support, it really means a lot !

Stabs wrote:
Hmmm... my bad. There was no political objective behind those attacks, actually, it seems.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Bit of a long read, but there you go, someone's research into ISIS' ideology.

I definitely recommend reading that article. It's long indeed but It's really shedding some light on how the enemy thinks and also why they are so exceptionally dangerous.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 7:55 pm

This might be helpful too:

http://news.yahoo.com/the-doomsday-ideology-of-isis-192945938.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Support of France   In Support of France Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Support of France
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Off topic discussion-
Jump to: