Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where are we, now?

Go down 
+20
Sineria.
DarkOne
Gamma
SenecaHyde
Bandur Khan
Darkstorm Zero
Lockheed X-17
jedi-explorer
iZyren
tkh1304
French snack
Archmage_Bael
Bluehorizon
Pendragon
Nyaha
Amaroq
Karbo
dragon808tr
XionGaTaosenai
Krisexy26
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you an active member?
Yes
Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 21 ]
No
Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
I am still around, I just don't post anymore
Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 37% [ 15 ]
What is this place?
Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where are we, now? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

Where are we, now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
Its also why you don't see many ideas anymore.

NOBODY comments them. Thus, no ideas = the world stagnates more than usual. We all need to put effort into reading and commenting other people's ideas. Its also a sort of "do to others what you want done to you" sorta deal I think. If you want comments on your ideas, try to comment on others ideas.

I'd gladly do this more, but the problem is that people write way too many descriptive comments, and it becomes a hassle to read through ten pages of it. We need to shorten ideas down to the essentials. I know I was guilty of this, and it made it hard to have ideas listed in the wiki.

We can always be selective about the length of the ideas. I remember a 3-page long idea of mine about some butterfly get consolidate into a paragrapth on the wiki. The problem is not the length or how detailed the ideas is, but the 'tl:nr' people themselves. Even if I write 10 short ideas, they will still skip reading them, since it still looks like a wall of text.

Btw, if I use events as a way to measure Felarya's liveliness, I wonder when was the last time I see Felarya DA Group holding an event?

Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
iZyren
Naga food
iZyren

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 8:07 am

i haven't been around for that long. (around a year i think).

i have some ideas laying around but so far i've felt they are too incomplete for me to post and i'm also stupidly afraid about people thinking it's bad. as for things not being canon i'm not worrying about since it doesn't really matter that much to me, everything starts out as fanon at one point. (i'm not saying that eveything turns canon since it doesn't some does while others don't and thats just fine. the point is that the creator is happy with his/her creation).

the wiki is something i use sometimes and sometimes not since even if there is information it tends to lack the parts i'm looking for.

i suppose i should write more about others ideas too, i tend to stay too much in the shadows and i should get out of there.

well that's what i had to say =).
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Well yeah some people do write a lot. I dont have all the time in the world anymore, if someone posts ten pages of comments, I'll likely just say "its too long. shorten it down to something more manageable" as that would be the first and foremost critique. The wiki articles dont have nearly that much information, and we shouldn't need to come up with five times the wiki's articles.

Also asking for tiny minute little details when you critique something encourages people to make obsessively long posts - then people pick those tiny little details apart and I really think that's unnecessary. Its fine to a point, though. Enough to have detail, but not to the point of writing a dissertation. Razz

Anyway, thats only one part of why I think there's not as much participation. We need to get the forum opening up again, and a lot more ideas churning out.

Churn the ideas out, create myths and stories that mothers tell their children, create mysteries that will help flavor felarya up, things people can wonder about and talk about. Once we start coming up with ideas, and coming up with THOSE ideas, I think it will feel a lot more lively around here.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 7:08 pm

You think this active forum is slowing down? Ha! Talk to me when you only get three new members in like five years. =/ Our poor Charas Project has gotten that bad. We are dying forum. Felarya maybe lulling a bit but all forums do this. Especially as the older members get older chronologically and thus move on with their lives or forum drama rises too high and they up an dleave becasue of it.....there's also....ghosts like me. People who live for the way it was then then it stops being like that nostalgia it starts to hurt so you move on but...you lurk and hope it'll all reverse and everyone will go back to the fun random times of when you were 'younger'.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm hoping for that too Jedi. I'm trying to take a little more active particimicipation in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 3:03 am

Karbo wrote:
is Felarya getting old ? well ineluctably. It's no longer a young project. It's already big with so many things established and after 10 years or so it no longer has the freshness it enjoyed where everything was yet to be done. Dying though ? I honestly don't think it's the case but I'm aware I could do a lot more on my end either ^^,
At any rate I'm sorry you are feeling like this : /  On my side I'm going to make efforts to be more present and pro-active.
I can see this. As I was once here I has excited to contribute, but as it passed I lose that passion...
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 6:38 am

I still live and visit form time to time, doing general maintenance that I see needs doing and all that. I wish I could be more active, but as the other staff already know I am having a few.... personal issues that have affected me rather profoundly, and have limited my time for almost anything else.

Bright side, I gut through my first round of surgery earlier this week Smile
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Basically, It just comes down to ideas. I know that for a few reasons, I haven't been able to think of any new ones (except for discussion and analysis of the Mangas and the wiki). I know I'm not one of the main contributors to Felarya, but it is always fun to see people comment on my ideas. At least having a voice makes me feel included.

And I agree with whoever said that we need to revive the Roleplay section. Thats why I made my Hell Rp, but I am always looking to expand to new RP's, Things kinda stopped this summer-early fall on that front.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 2:29 pm

I am here and was often wondering why there are so many Things You find in a typical Fantasy-RP-Rulebook regarding Surroundings, interesting Locations and People You can meet and Stuff - and no one does RP. I mean - what´s all this Effort for, if there is obviously near to no one using all this Work?

I just love to rp - but I don´t like those `Hey, let´s all gonna end up as a Pile of Shit somewhere!´-Stories. In these Cases the theoretical Immortality in Felarya is made totally irrelevant. For me this Setting has a much more to offer, so I love Stories with somethig to discover - just as I think Women are much more than Guys with a Hole, where I have none. So I look around, think of Things I like from all the Stuff I like around here - and perhaps I´m gonna use it in some pf my RP-Backgrounds - and the longest RP ever seen so far here (over 1000 Posts, including a Sequel of now almost the same Size) tells, my Theory works. I call this the `Theory of verified Success.´  Cool  

And by now I think the Post-Impetus has slowed down enough for many of YOU Guys too, so You can join in - if You like. This Offer still exists. But until now most of You were fading away, seemigly without any Reason. I know three, four Guys around here, with whom I can rp, knowing they are coming back - but I also think in a Forum with recently 1368 Members this Number still could increase a bit. But in the Projects I may start in the Future: It will always be an RP and no Battle Game. I love Interaction, learning to know interesting Characters, so my RPs are not meant to be like Ego-Shooterz. There Battles CAN occur - but they are not the Main Attraction. Well, okay - Jormungdang and I plan a Visit to some of my Worlds with some Characters from here - and if they land on TUVALU II or TIERRA SANCTA, there could be a bit more Ruckus...
Back to top Go down
SenecaHyde
Naga food
SenecaHyde

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm around, but I've never been one to contribute much to content.

By definition, to maintain a steady population in the community, you need to make sure that new members appear at least as much as old members retire (which is an inevitable occurrence due to life in general). Here's a question: if a new member joined on today and wanted to be a contributor, and was willing to pour a ton of time and effort into it, what would you most want them to do? Does the framework support them doing this without an inordinate amount of effort?

Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Bandur Khan wrote:
I am here and was often wondering why there are so many Things You find in a typical Fantasy-RP-Rulebook regarding Surroundings, interesting Locations and People You can meet and Stuff - and no one does RP. I mean - what´s all this Effort for, if there is obviously near to no one using all this Work?

I just love to rp - but I don´t like those `Hey, let´s all gonna end up as a Pile of Shit somewhere!´-Stories. In these Cases the theoretical Immortality in Felarya is made totally irrelevant. For me this Setting has a much more to offer, so I love Stories with somethig to discover - just as I think Women are much more than Guys with a Hole, where I have none. So I look around, think of Things I like from all the Stuff I like around here - and perhaps I´m gonna use it in some pf my RP-Backgrounds - and the longest RP ever seen so far here (over 1000 Posts, including a Sequel of now almost the same Size) tells, my Theory works. I call this the `Theory of verified Success.´  Cool  

And by now I think the Post-Impetus has slowed down enough for many of YOU Guys too, so You can join in - if You like. This Offer still exists. But until now most of You were fading away, seemigly without any Reason. I know three, four Guys around here, with whom I can rp, knowing they are coming back - but I also think in a Forum with recently 1368 Members this Number still could increase a bit. But in the Projects I may start in the Future: It will always be an RP and no Battle Game. I love Interaction, learning to know interesting Characters, so my RPs are not meant to be like Ego-Shooterz. There Battles CAN occur - but they are not the Main Attraction. Well, okay - Jormungdang and I plan a Visit to some of my Worlds with some Characters from here - and if they land on TUVALU II or TIERRA SANCTA, there could be a bit more Ruckus...

I give you lots of credit for your RP work Bandi, but just being honest (Please dont hate me) as a critique, you kinda have a bit of a tendency to create way too many characters at a time, making it hard to follow the story. From my experience in THe Black Manor College, it made it really hard to tell where I was or who/what I was talking to. It may be better for others if you kept the characters you play as to 2-3. And (as Nahya will tell you many times over) Let the characters controled by others make their own decisions/chances to dodge. Thats not saying that they cant/wont get hit or grabbed, but it makes it better for the others.

As for battles, well I am ok with them if done right. It would be fun for me and a party of others to fight off a giant creature in the jungles of Felarya, but after awhile, it kinda gets a bit boring. There is nothing wrong with it of course.

And Just an FYI, typically in RP's (Not just here, but almost any vore/Felarya Rp) I usually end up getting digested in a giant creature. Of course, there are many events and fights before this! (Unless I play a character wanting to be eaten. Hmm, that might be a fun idea...)

Please don't take what I said personally, it's just really a Critique. I really enjoy RPing with you, it's just mainly that you have way too many characters out so I can't keep track, and a bit of autohitting on your part. I respect you as a RP guy, it's just that this is why I left The Black Manor college (Well, and college was beginning.)
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 12:30 am

Yeah... that´s the Main Issue with a College - there are many People around... lol!
Back to top Go down
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 pm

On the topic of RPing, I can definitely agree with wanting that section to be active; worldbuilding is fun in and of itself (at least for me), but so is doing something with that world. That said, I think it would be also nice to have longer-running, "epic" (more in terms of the story type than the adjective) RPs that can ideally introduce new things and affect the world to a degree. Obviously, that should be run by someone with Karbo's blessing and oversight, if not Karbo himself, which would be something of a decently large commitment. That's not to say we can't keep doing small things, but perhaps if we wanted to reinvigorate the forum some, we could try starting up a large RP project, perhaps with multiple intersecting groups, and perhaps even a rules-light system for challenges, contests between players, and combat if it ever gets to that.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Gamma wrote:
On the topic of RPing, I can definitely agree with wanting that section to be active; worldbuilding is fun in and of itself (at least for me), but so is doing something with that world.  That said, I think it would be also nice to have longer-running, "epic" (more in terms of the story type than the adjective) RPs that can ideally introduce new things and affect the world to a degree.  Obviously, that should be run by someone with Karbo's blessing and oversight, if not Karbo himself, which would be something of a decently large commitment.  That's not to say we can't keep doing small things, but perhaps if we wanted to reinvigorate the forum some, we could try starting up a large RP project, perhaps with multiple intersecting groups, and perhaps even a rules-light system for challenges, contests between players, and combat if it ever gets to that.

Thats actually a great idea in theory! But, Karbo isn't on as much, and a good number of us are busy and go away for reasons. But Perhaps it could possibly work, although it would be a VERY long Rp as some of us are only on during college breaks. And even then, most go on vacations. Although, I would be interested in it.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 9:23 am

still here, just too apathetic to contribute.

I pretty much made my position clear months ago and have nothing more to add that woulden't just be a retread of the points I made then

https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3875-where-do-we-go-from-here

Last edited by DarkOne on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:54 am

I enjoy felarya RPs quite a bit. Its the first place I had dedicated RPs with. I always wanted to advocate for the IRC constantly, in an effort to show you that it was alive and that we were active, but we've slowly gotten busier, and most people dont want to take the energy to download a client. They'd rather just go straight to a web page. (I feel a bit vexed over this myself).

Though if anybody does want to RP, we can still figure something out I'm sure. I would love to, though at the same time I am pretty busy nowadays. Dont have all the time I want anymore.
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Going back to the subject at hand. Seeing more community events like the one gamma suggested would help us go a long ways to filling in this "creative null" that people are feeling. I definitely have the time to organize a longterm rp that explores canon, new ideas (from you lovely people in the community) over pure substance. Awhile back I started making a rather deep rp experience. even going on the rollplay20 website to make maps and such. I just got busy and some people never asked me or replied back if it was still a thing. I'm still interested but i would to talk to anybody else interested in getting people more interested in lovingly esoteric rp with deeper meanings to unveil (or heck even co-writing stories), i'm all for that. Just want a pm really, before i want to start something again so i can communicate with people who want to get something going.

Last edited by Bluehorizon on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Forget PMs... I am already here for You. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sineria.
Helpless prey
Sineria.

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm always watching.......waiting for the right time to return to the Dridder Forest to reclaim what was taken from me Evil laugh Evil laugh Evil laugh Evil laugh Evil laugh Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 9:21 am

Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:03 am

Yeah - it´s a bit quiet these Days...
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 11:38 am

Come up with ideas and critique some. Or Think about a subject involving areas of felarya to have a discussion about.

Or come up with myths and stories. Things people tell each other at the pub or to kids during bed time. We need LOTS of those, LOTS. Those kinds of stories will REALLY make felarya seem full of life. It gives depth to a universe on a Tolkien level.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Come up with ideas and critique some. Or Think about a subject involving areas of felarya to have a discussion about.

Or come up with myths and stories. Things people tell each other at the pub or to kids during bed time. We need LOTS of those, LOTS. Those kinds of stories will REALLY make felarya seem full of life. It gives depth to a universe on a Tolkien level.

We had a rumor thread. It goes inactive for long periods of time but it's a gold mine of lore and info still to this day. When I get stuck on mythology to use in my RP threads it's one of my favorite little known resources to mine lore from. Maybe we need a new one of those?
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:55 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:

We had a rumor thread. It goes inactive for long periods of time but it's a gold mine of lore and info still to this day. When I get stuck on mythology to use in my RP threads it's one of my favorite little known resources to mine lore from. Maybe we need a new one of those?

Can you link it? I'd be interested in it.

This past summer, i was going to do exactly that. I was planning on making poems about Vivian, Crisis, Sebuta and probably a few others. Unfortuantely, life got in the way and I never finished it. (And my inipsiartion for it is missing now).
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 6:24 am

The Felarya rumors thread is located in the Ideas discussion subforum, here is a link for your convenience: Felarya rumors
I recently moved a new thread called "Felarya jokes thread" there as well, for consistency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are we, now?   Where are we, now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are we, now?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: