Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya must be represented at SizeCon

Go down 
+4
Ilceren
Stabs
Bluehorizon
jedi-explorer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Empty
PostSubject: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm

This has been on my mind for a bit. SizeCon is comming and it can potentially be a break through for giantess and other sub genre. Just check it out: http://www.sizecon.com/

I believe this would be a STELLAR promoting opportunity. We can't let it pass us by.
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:05 pm

Pretty sure karbo got the heads up already (if not, color me surprise). It's up to him really whether to show promotion or not since this is his universe.
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:36 pm

No, it doesn't have to.

For one, we are a small community, not a content creator, and thus we do not face the same challenges as most of the people it intends to gather together to talk shop with their fans. Felarya has a blurrier line between creators and consumers.

While individuals connected to Felarya might go to the con, we have no reason to require them to represent Felarya in it. Karbo's not going to fly to NY either! (I think)

Finally, we have simply nothing to gain from this. As a community, we have no financial incentive, we do not draw new members from IRL, and Karbo conducts most, if not all, of his business in digital form.

We simply have no need for the promotion, is what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:50 pm

I think Jedi was talking in terms of attracting new people to Felarya, rather than pushing its fans to shop as you seem to be suggesting the con is for.
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Even then Ilceren it's just rather odd of how this will come to pass since none of us (that we know of and likes felarya enough to express interest outwardly) is going to that con.

Personally, i'd rather this be obscure tbh. I know i would be going against jedi's interest but when most of the fetish is for sexual gratification (for the most part) vs the artistic side like say furries...Scratch that they're pretty high in the libido meter as well. Point is though with them is that they have enough of appropriate artistic medium to not say it's just for sexual gratification. Can't say this about this fandom, untill i see more "professional and clean" gts contributors and artist, then i'm kind of happy of it being obscure in the fetish genre for the time being.
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 10:17 am

Trying to repersent the Felarya community at Sizecon would be like trying to bring the town drunk to the beer festival....You'll just end up embarrassing yourself in front of the moderates and making excuses for the incoherent way he has choosen to present himself.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Wow I'd love to go. To bad I don't live in NY.

Who's to say we cant go anyway and talk about felarya regardless? Its not like we'd be unwelcome or anything, and I can only see an up side if we do. The only bad side is unwanted media attention I think. Razz Though I think Karbo would be stressed out if some editor saw this and thought might make for a good piece of literature XD !

Look at some of those panels. Seriously, just go for the personal fascination of it alone. A place to meet others IRL who are into the same niche fetish? Suddenly I'd feel a bit more accepted, and a place where I could be a bit more open about it without harassment.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 9:20 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
The only bad side is unwanted media attention I think. Razz Though I think Karbo would be stressed out if some editor saw this and thought might make for a good piece of literature XD !

I doubt any right minded editor would think that XD, noone at the event will be looking for good peices of literature.

If a editor was to take any interest in Felarya, it would only be someone looking to follow up the success of 'Monster Musume' and believes Felarya would make a good 'fantasy harem'
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Bluehorizon wrote:

Personally, i'd rather this be obscure tbh. I know i would be going against jedi's interest but when most of the fetish is for sexual gratification (for the most part) vs the artistic side like say furries...Scratch that they're pretty high in the libido meter as well.

I take offense to this.
Now strip down and make up for it :V

I'll go sit in my corner....

Though it would be fun to see people dressed up as some felarya characters (most of them are naked though...) I don't live around NY so i clearly wont be going x3 Though new faces are always welcome around the fourm for sure...though like Nyaha points out its mostly cause giants are sexy.

You all are perverts. The whole lot of you. <3

Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 pm

I dunno guys, I think this might be a "big" responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya must be represented at SizeCon   Felarya must be represented at SizeCon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya must be represented at SizeCon
Page 1 of 1