Felarya

Felarya forum
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Let's try a classic roleplay, if we can get enough people.
I'll play all the predators, shopkeepers, etc. that the characters encounter.
If we get enough people, I'll choose a random location with a story for why you are all there.
You'll slowly journey across the Felaryan landscapes, encountering what you will, and dying (It will happen.)
Sign up your characters below, I'll start when we have 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpectrumGirl
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 108
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : Anywhere, really.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:59 am

Is it OK if I play an immortal character? She's immortal in that she revives whenever she dies and she never ages. However, she can still die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:26 am

SpectrumGirl wrote:
Is it OK if I play an immortal character?  She's immortal in that she revives whenever she dies and she never ages.  However, she can still die.
I suppose so, but what's the reason that she's immortal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:38 pm

I'm going to ask the broader question of "what guidelines should our characters follow?" In chat, you mentioned that there's something of a D&D style to your idea; using character levels as a sort of benchmark, what should our starting level be at or around? Do you want characters fresh out of basic training/magic apprenticeship/what-have-you with the clothes on their backs, a cheap basic weapon or two, and a few tricks; or do you want characters that are veterans with several years of practical experience, top-of-the-line gear, significant resources to draw upon, and a plethora of useful abilities?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Gamma wrote:
I'm going to ask the broader question of "what guidelines should our characters follow?"  In chat, you mentioned that there's something of a D&D style to your idea; using character levels as a sort of benchmark, what should our starting level be at or around?  Do you want characters fresh out of basic training/magic apprenticeship/what-have-you with the clothes on their backs, a cheap basic weapon or two, and a few tricks; or do you want characters that are veterans with several years of practical experience, top-of-the-line gear, significant resources to draw upon, and a plethora of useful abilities?
This roleplay I will be acting LIKE a dm, but it will just be your characters exploring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpectrumGirl
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 108
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : Anywhere, really.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Tepman6 wrote:
SpectrumGirl wrote:
Is it OK if I play an immortal character?  She's immortal in that she revives whenever she dies and she never ages.  However, she can still die.
I suppose so, but what's the reason that she's immortal?
Well, that is something that even she doesn't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:32 pm

SpectrumGirl wrote:
Tepman6 wrote:
SpectrumGirl wrote:
Is it OK if I play an immortal character?  She's immortal in that she revives whenever she dies and she never ages.  However, she can still die.
I suppose so, but what's the reason that she's immortal?
Well, that is something that even she doesn't know.
Does the creator? If not, post her bio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soroxas2
Naga food


Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-01-02
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Submitted for your approval:
Gil Drigane
Species: Elf
Height: 6'5"
Hair color: Blue
Eye color: Green
Adventurer class: Rogue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:52 am

Soroxas2 wrote:
Submitted for your approval:
Gil Drigane
Species: Elf
Height: 6'5"
Hair color: Blue
Eye color: Green
Adventurer class: Rogue
I haven't seen an elf character in forever on felarya, flesh this out and I'll gladly approve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soroxas2
Naga food


Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-01-02
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:12 am

Tepman6 wrote:
Soroxas2 wrote:
Submitted for your approval:
Gil Drigane
Species: Elf
Height: 6'5"
Hair color: Blue
Eye color: Green
Adventurer class: Rogue
I haven't seen an elf character in forever on felarya, flesh this out and I'll gladly approve it.

Gil Drigane is relatively young adventurer. He worked as a locksmith before he decided that his skills picking locks would pay better finding treasure. He carries two knives for cutting foes. They are both coated in venom. One being a paralytic venom, the other being poisonous. As a rogue, he is quite the slippery catch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:16 am

Approved, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soroxas2
Naga food


Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-01-02
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:26 am

Now to wait for enough people to start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Sorry for the delay; I'll have time to finish up my character this weekend. I might as well post the short verion now:
Rylee Sandoval
Female Vishmital Human
Rylee is a Vishmital scout and explorer; even two centuries after landing, the Vishmital aren't even a fraction of the way through cataloging everything in Felarya. They have many people that work solo or in small groups to gather information on the plane and its inhabitants. While originally a project to find obvious dangers, it has since morphed into a large-scale study of Felarya and all of its aspects, with multiple supercomputers running algorithms to parse patterns out of all the data.

I promise the long version will be...well, a lot longer. Spoiler-worthy length at minimum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpectrumGirl
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 108
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : Anywhere, really.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:39 am

Name: Julie Ultimus

Gender: Female

Species: Viera, a rabbit-like race from the Final Fantasy series

Skin/Fur Color: pale and bright

Hair: long and naturally blond with a high ponytail

Eye Color: cobalt blue

Birthplace: Alara (A world that no longer exists. Nobody knows what happened to Alara, exactly, but all that remains now are 5 different shard worlds.)

Weight and Height: Unknown, as she's never measured herself

Age: Immortal, but unknown, as nobody knows of her past

Equipment: Julie sometimes wears a white bow in her hair that changes colors depending on certain conditions. She also wears at least a bikini at almost all times, usually white. Usually, when she isn't cosplaying, Julie wears bright clothes, usually colored to give the appearance of a rainbow. Whatever other equipment she has is usually what she finds on her adventures. Otherwise, she made it herself, got it as a gift, or summoned it as Bound Equipment.

Abilities: Julie can magically go between worlds through portals that she can create at almost any time. She can control which world she appears in, but she can't determine exactly where she appears in that world. She can also sense auras. Julie can also cast many spells, learning new ones almost instantly. She has mastered the use of metamagic, opening up a bunch of possibilities. She can sense auras naturally, allowing her to sense others and various aspects about them. She can also breathe in any sinky substance, like quicksand, no matter how deep she is in it. She can also use her ponytail similarly to having a third hand.

Limitations: Julie requires a special resource in her body called mana to cast spells. If she uses too much mana over a period of time, she grows tired or may even fall unconscious. Her mana recovers over time, but she can use the Diminished Casting metamagic to use less mana while making her spells weaker. Her Augmented Casting makes her use more mana, but makes her spells more potent. She can cast spells through Blood Magic, but that takes some of her life force instead of mana. Also, while using Blood Magic, most healing effects do almost nothing.

Bio: Julie is a young, adventurous girl who travels to other worlds in an attempt to find out about her past. As of yet, nothing she did bore fruit. Not even the gods of the many worlds she's been to know of her history. All she knows is her birthplace. She's just now starting to learn of her powers. She's always looking out for the best solution to any problem she faces, turning to violence only as a last resort. Something Julie loves to do is cosplay. She also tends to end up getting messy or stuck in quicksand. Usually, this happens willingly, as she loves it, which she tries to hide from others at times. However, she usually fails to do so.

Quote: "I've spent much of my life searching for answers that I may wish I didn't find. However, it would be better for me to know the bad things than for me not to know anything at all."



Picture by J-Greene on DeviantArt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:00 am

Nice! We have three, I'll make a new topic with the prompt later, when I get home tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soroxas2
Naga food


Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-01-02
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 am

Tepman6 wrote:
Nice! We have three, I'll make a new topic with the prompt later, when I get home tomorrow.
Just make sure you notify us on this topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
avatar

Posts : 3845
Join date : 2007-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Canada. ^.^ Goooooo Snow!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:45 am

(Withdrawing)


Last edited by Nyaha on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 pm

So I must apologize; "this weekend" quickly turned into next.  That said, I've got Rylee finished, and close to half her description wound up being a description of her gear.  Such will be the curse of every Vishmital character I create in the near future, I fear.
Rylee Sandoval:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:53 pm

I'm so sorry, let me write it as soon as I get my work done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Topic is up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
avatar

Posts : 239
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 16
Location : In the Internet

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Bio:
Name: Eredor Jinvour
Race: Hissan (Elven/Tomthumb hybrid creatures with ability to manipulate size)
Sex: Male
Age: 40 human years ( 20 Hissan years )
Height: 3" to 4'2"
Skin Tone: Sickly White
Hair Colour: Varies, silver, white, black, depending on mood.
Ear Colour: Ash grey
Eye Colour: Red
Predation: Omnivorous
Preference: Grilled Steak
Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: Dark, Solemn, Silent. He stands as a mysterious person who looks like a beautiful murderer. Mistaken mostly for a model. He is rugged but slender, short but thin. He also carries two swords that act like staff, Charon and Mischief. Hair changes from dark to light depending the mood (he is happy when it is black, angry when silver), but face looks unemotional most of the time.

Personality: Dark, Mysterious, Mischievous, Silent, and Deadly. He has the traits of a master assassin, but he left before things got brutal. Looks like he have seen some shit in his life. Looking at his eyes gives you fear.

Background: (Batman Batman... More Batman...) He trained as an archmage in the Isolon Fist and left because of unknown reasons. Very bored, he decided to join a mercenary guild.

Abilities: Size manipulation (himself), Teleportation, Magic of various kinds. Can see every movement and predict smallscale events. Laziness. Excellent Marksman, Excellent Swordsman. Good at Brewing Beer for some unknown reason. Fear Projection (to human sized creatures at least)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lockheedx17.deviantart.com/
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Lockheed X-17 wrote:
Bio:
Name: Eredor Jinvour
Race: Hissan (Elven/Tomthumb hybrid creatures with ability to manipulate size)
Sex: Male
Age: 40 human years ( 20 Hissan years )
Height: 3" to 4'2"
Skin Tone: Sickly White
Hair Colour: Varies, silver, white, black, depending on mood.
Ear Colour: Ash grey
Eye Colour: Red
Predation: Omnivorous
Preference: Grilled Steak
Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: Dark, Solemn, Silent. He stands as a mysterious person who looks like a beautiful murderer. Mistaken mostly for a model. He is rugged but slender, short but thin. He also carries two swords that act like staff, Charon and Mischief. Hair changes from dark to light depending the mood (he is happy when it is black, angry when silver), but face looks unemotional most of the time.

Personality: Dark, Mysterious, Mischievous, Silent, and Deadly. He has the traits of a master assassin, but he left before things got brutal. Looks like he have seen some shit in his life. Looking at his eyes gives you fear.

Background: (Batman Batman... More Batman...) He trained as an archmage in the Isolon Fist and left because of unknown reasons. Very bored, he decided to join a mercenary guild.

Abilities: Size manipulation (himself), Teleportation, Magic of various kinds. Can see every movement and predict smallscale events. Laziness. Excellent Marksman, Excellent Swordsman. Good at Brewing Beer for some unknown reason. Fear Projection (to human sized creatures at least)
You can go ahead and join man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
avatar

Posts : 3845
Join date : 2007-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Canada. ^.^ Goooooo Snow!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:56 pm

So yeah, I withdrew my last submission because I couldn't think of a logical reason for that partcular character to show up in Akaptor, so I'm submitting a different one. Also, I feel like I should point out my last character was never actually accepted... ^^; Anyway, here's my new submission.

Beryl's Bio:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Tepman6
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Nyaha wrote:
So yeah, I withdrew my last submission because I couldn't think of a logical reason for that partcular character to show up in Akaptor, so I'm submitting a different one. Also, I feel like I should point out my last character was never actually accepted... ^^; Anyway, here's my new submission.

Beryl's Bio:
 
One problem, how is she gonna ride that bird?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
avatar

Posts : 3845
Join date : 2007-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Canada. ^.^ Goooooo Snow!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:35 pm

She can draw her own bird. Or maybe a turtle. *gasp* A speed turtle!
XD No, but seriously, she'll take care of it.

Also, nice tip for you, not all of Akaptor is time-switching sand. I asked Karbo about it while making the sand mermaids and he told me that over time a lot of the sand as lost that effect, so in the present day of Felarya, there are actually only wide patches of it in different spots around the desert. Still, nobody knows where these patches start or end, so it's effectively a moot point, but I figured it'd be helpful to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?   

Back to top Go down
 
Roleplay, let's do it, why AREN'T we doing it, now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Vocaloid Roleplay!
» Roleplay Game... how to begin?
» Roleplay Game
» Assassin's Creed 2 Roleplay Forum
» Roleplay Table Field

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: