Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toluwo cloud

Go down 
+3
Bluehorizon
Amaroq
Karbo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:09 am

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Oloonde_lakeland

A little while ago I uploaded a picture of a group of floating islands on DA. It wasn't related to Felarya at the start ( it was for a scraped game project ) but I think there is things to do with it ^^   I imagine the cloud to be a formation of numerous Eidoron rocks of various size floating over the Oloonde region. Most of them are just rocks, of a rather small size and bare of anything. But some of the larger ones are covered in vegetatiion, forming small ecosystems of their own, and sometimes have even traces of ancients structures.

It's a basic foundation but if you have some ideas for them or things to add, please don't hesitate Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 am

Im not sure how much it might or might not be related to this, nut may I remind you of the Ôzora Heaven realm where i came up with the floating island idea as well? Just a reminder, in case you forgot. So they shouldnt be too similar to keep them distinct i'd say. Just a quick mentioning here.
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 9:17 am

Lol i was just working on this idea for a story, I love the concept of floating islands and marshes, I good idea would be to add old asian styled shrines commemorating the dead, I see this area kind of like a spectral or ghost area given what's all around it (Illusion and ghost) other than that keep it nice and temperate like you have been =)

As far as the heaven realm goes, I seen a glimps of that from your juliana picture amaroq, as long as he does the overgrowth and derelict vibe out of each of the islands then he should be in the clear as far as distinctiveness goes.
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 3:53 am

Amaroq wrote:
Im not sure how much it might or might not be related to this, nut may I remind you of the Ôzora Heaven realm where i came up with the floating island idea as well? Just a reminder, in case you forgot. So they shouldnt be too similar to keep them distinct i'd say. Just a quick mentioning here.

Oh I imagine them to be really different. Only the largest of the rocks of the cloud are significant, with remarkable landmarks and there are, what ? a couple dozens of them at most ?
And they would function very differently too since they are floating rocks above a world and not a world onto themselves

As for the fauna, I can imagine a lot of springing creatures, who are able to leap from rocks to rocks
And mhh this idea of shrines is interesting :3  although the Oloonde region is not really a ghost-related area. That would be more the sunfall thicket in the fairy kingdom ^^
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 am

A part of me wants the ancient civilization that once inhabited the cloud to have been more magically inclined, since that only makes sense when you live on a floating island. I'm personally torn between mostly using wind magic or just magical devices, like something activated by magic jewels that could be scattered all over the cloud.

Also, I think that sphinxes should feature prominently there, cause we've been giving harpies way too much love at their expense and I think it's time sphinxes get some development of their own.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:47 am

Karbo wrote:
although the Oloonde region is not really a ghost-related area. That would be more the sunfall thicket in the fairy kingdom ^^

I understand, just that when you got a place next to it called "Lake of souls" and rivers and water everywhere and if those shrines are there, it would seem like a place ghost would hang around while not being surrounded by crap loads of faries.

This would also be a fitting place for a lot of Reynke I'd imagine to given shady's input and the aesthetical theme i suggested would be great.
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Bluehorizon wrote:
Karbo wrote:
although the Oloonde region is not really a ghost-related area. That would be more the sunfall thicket in the fairy kingdom ^^

I understand, just that when you got a place next to it called "Lake of souls" and rivers and water everywhere and if those shrines are there, it would seem like a place ghost would hang around while not being surrounded by crap loads of faries.

This would also be a fitting place for a lot of Reynke I'd imagine to given shady's input and the aesthetical theme i suggested would be great.

Well it's true 'Lake of Souls" summons a image of ghosts and such. But I also think of elementals and other ethereal beings. Maybe even actual souls. What if the Lake of Souls was the one place where you could go to see either the heavenly realm or the hell realm? Also gotta say that floating islands over the Oolonde would be a great idea and might lead to some nifty avionic elves or more interesting fauna and flora. Not to mention might be where some brave young Negavian explorer got the idea to make Eidolon Barges.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 4:02 pm

I finished the cloud :

Quote :
The Toluwo cloud is the name given to of a large formation of Eidoron rocks of various size floating over the Oloonde region. They present a strange sight, looming silently over the area at high attitude, drifting ever so slowly and shrouded in a slight blue atmospheric fog. They project gentle shadows on the land below, sometimes accompanied with streams of water or fine waterfall of mist falling from them.

Most of the rocks composing the cloud are rather small and bare, but some of them are massive, the largest ones forming floating islands, covered in vegetation and possessing ecosystems of their own. The traces of an ancient civilization can be found across the cloud, with some remarkable structures carved out of the rocks themselves. They look primitive for the most part, with rough, uneven gates leading to simple rooms choked out by vegetation. However the deeper a visitor explore these structures, the stranger they become. Inner halls remain small but appear to have been dug with an uncanny precision in straight lines and lead to various rooms with similarly straight walls. Some of those chambers have their walls, floor and ceiling covered by a strange golden metal that look like gold but is much lighter and possesses different properties. It appears very hard to remove and extract though, as it seems to have been merged with the rock itself through an unknown process.

Most surfaces inside the structures are pierced by a multitude of carefully carved holes of various size and depth, the usage of which remains unknown. Furniture such as chairs and tables can be found in some rooms but they are unmovable, very much part of the rock itself. Again, the precision of their cut and the exquisite decorations they bear leave the visitor bewildered. Many of those structures look relatively intact, although the surfaces are worn off, bearing the weight of centuries. Ivies, creepers and mold have managed to grab hold of some sections as well.

The Toluwo cloud is home to many species that are unique to it. Most of the fauna is either capable of flight or can leap from rocks to rocks. in the denser parts of the cloud where rocks are packed, it allows for an easy navigation from islands to islands. Large arboreal frogs are one of the danger of the zone, lurking and looking an harmless bush, until a prey come in range of their long, slimy tongue. A pack of giant sphinxes have claimed the cloud to be their territory as well. It's interesting to note that the cloud in general seems to follow a gyrating trajectory over the center and southern part of the region, moving on average at the speed of a walking human.

What do you think of it ? ^^
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 4:41 pm

I think these arboreal frogs should be given a different name. Arboreal suggest they live in trees, and since these ones are technically grounded and disguise themselves as bushes, calling them arboreal would be a misnomer.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Looks pretty awesome to me and finally we once again have a area where winged Sphinx are dominant besides Ur-Sagol. ^o^ Needs a name for that gold-like-but-not-gold substance though. Sounds like a researcher's paradise! X3
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 2:09 pm

Thank you ^^

Shady Knight wrote:
I think these arboreal frogs should be given a different name. Arboreal suggest they live in trees, and since these ones are technically grounded and disguise themselves as bushes, calling them arboreal would be a misnomer.

Ah yes I agree. Better make a whole new species actually, perhaps more adept at leaping for example.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
a area where winged Sphinx are dominant besides Ur-Sagol. ^o^
Sphinxes in Ur-Sagol? That's news to me XD
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:33 pm

So I wasn't the only person who did a double take on that XD.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:06 am

Actually, that was the first time I read it XD I know my Sphinxes well, or so I think, so it was surprising to hear of a new habitat for them XD
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Ilceren wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:
a area where winged Sphinx are dominant besides Ur-Sagol. ^o^
Sphinxes in Ur-Sagol? That's news to me XD

=O You've not read that epic bit Prinny wrote with the sphinx gal in Ur Sagol?! You must! Heck read anything of Prinny's! Everything he touches turns to Ascarlin. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toluwo cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toluwo cloud   Toluwo cloud Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toluwo cloud
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion-
Jump to: