Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lock's Ideas Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

Lock's Ideas Thread Empty
PostSubject: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:44 am

So basically, I place my ideas here...

Hissan Technologies:

Femtoblocks: Femtoblocks are small, self-reproducing, modifiable, and programmable machines that allows them to construct different devices and simulate material properties just by programming it and rearranging groups of itself to different kinds of patterns. Primarily, they use it in almost everything, from starship plating to warp drives. They even simulated evolution with it. How they manage to control it is quite a mystery itself...

Folding: Folding is a space-time warping technique employed by the AKG to easily transport matter to other colonies. First, they need to establish contact to the location, and then plant a beacon. Once the beacon is activated, it is ready to transport starships to that location. A simple explanation would be; first, they etablish contact with beacon, then they begin to "fold" space-time and "pass" through the beacon's established coordinates (which is farther than the beacon itself) and reappear there.

Antimatter Weaponry: Antimatter was used by the Hissans a very long time, and their weaponry utilizes antimatter not as bombs alone, but also as a some kind of shell and as an accelerated beam of anti-particles. They did at one time blast antimatter containers at enemy ships... Sometimes they even teleported the shell at them...
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 pm

(One of my more comedic ideas for Felarya, had this thought in the shower...)
Multiverse Transportation Errors:
These error mostly happen during in-between multiverse transportation. Sometimes they are very tragic, some are very hilarious. These are some examples.

"Raining Men" Errors: This happens when the multiverse connections randomly connect to whole beings. Sometimes, they appear high above the sky and fall. This event rarely happens elsewhere (with a 0.000001% probability of happening on a planet, and 0.0001% probability of happening in deep space), but it occurs more frequently on Felarya (with a 1.035% chance of occurring at any given day), because of it's highly unstable connection. There are a few reported events where massive amounts of creatures suddenly teleport and fall from the sky. The predators view this event as a blessing from the gods.

Scale Alteration Errors: This rarely occurs because most of the time, the scale is correct, and it is with the being's perception of the environment is in error (mostly likely they mistakenly assume that they are smaller or bigger than that particular object in the environment they happen to transfer to). One theory is that the connection between the universes have been altered during travel. Another theory states that the device may have the problem, and the device assuming that the object being transported have a different scale compared to it's actual scale.

Object Fusion Error: This happens when the object/s being transferred fused together, and in rare cases, the object compacted itself in a messy puddle containing what used to be the object. This errors mostly happen when the device is premature and knowledge of multiverse transportation is mostly filled with assumptions and quite scarce. The device mistakenly identifies the object being transferred from and to the same universe tries to fuse or compact everything as one atomic particle. This sometimes happen in sophisticated devices, the device usually malfunctions and the object fuses. Sometimes, transportation collision is known to be the cause.

Unstable Connection: Every time a universe is connected to another, the connections corrodes with the passage of time. But connection corrosion rates are quite slow, even on a geological scale. Connection between devices corrodes the fastest, due to being artificial. Natural connections corrodes less. Certain locations, like Felarya, have an extremely high unstable connection, but what is odd is that even if it's connections are unstable, they usually have less to no corrosion, but sometimes the connections abruptly ends (like in artificial devices) and reconnect again in a different pattern.

(more ideas coming soon...)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:41 pm

Good to see some ideas!

Looks like these are ideas for things that can happen to people coming to Felarya...? Why are they written like I'm reading computer descriptions? With mention of arbitrary percentages and error messages? XD
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 12:44 am

Regarding about your question, I have written it like computer descriptions because I want to give a feeling the same like reading an encyclopedia, studied and written by many experts so that I could write it faster.

I just can't think of another name for the "Raining Men Error" though...
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 10:06 am

Lock,I bet you read Hitcher's and watch a fair amount of Star Trek cause your presentation is similar to the amusingdry, saytrical way Douglas Adams presented things, while your terminology reminds me a bit of tech I'd see in Trek. Just love it! So far Femtoblocks, Raining Men and Scale Alterations are my faves.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Well Jedi, I am a fan of both the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy and Star Trek. But, sometimes I just like to add a comedic touch to a serious entries. I just love a good laugh from a serious group of people.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 1:36 am

Okay, gonna write down some new ideas;

Connection Errors:
Reverse Time Dilation: Somehow, the subject experiences time in reverse, if the connection was abruptly cut and reconnected improperly, the subject then would be affected by the turbulence, and then the flow of time (at least in the subject's experience, flows backwards. They are very prone to space-time distortion and may then suddenly feel that they are being ripped and then travel to an unspecified time, probably in space or in another universe's planet if lucky. May cause unwanted paradoxes that casually violates casuality. Cases like these are quite rare, considering that they disappear very fast and no one seems to remember them because of the butterfly effect they caused.

Extreme Time Dilation: The subject experiences time very slowly/fast in reference to itself. Such cases are quite common, given that the cause of the problem is sometimes the machine's error, or some error on part of the user. Sometimes, the subject may have some control on the dilation, and some of those subjects wear red spandex with yellow lighting bolts. Other subjects have been observed to wear white hair dye and wear blue spandex with white bolts decorated on the suit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lock's Ideas Thread   Lock's Ideas Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lock's Ideas Thread
Page 1 of 1