Felarya

Felarya forum
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 forum looks dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 33
Location : Where the river narrows

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:40 am

You guys are gonna love this!

How about...

How about we make a thread pointing everything that went wrong, brainstorm ideas about it and suggest in a unified voice that we need a new forum, a fresh start, a new-fresh everything ^.^

I think it'll solve all our problems. Unplug the switch... and plug it on somewhere else ^.^ If not, we're doomed to talk over the dead corpses of our past.

I tell you, fresh start. If you wanna get political, it's called a revolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2008-07-19
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:02 pm

lets kick karbs butt then so we can go on with negav and other things and actually do something. Hes writing on his hell biomes, so clearly he has time for felarya AND frequents the forum. So he might as well have time to finally get around negav so me and shady (and others) can pick up our work where we left off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Hero
Hero
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 29
Location : Fantasy Land ^_^

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
You guys are gonna love this!

How about we make a thread pointing everything that went wrong, brainstorm ideas about it and suggest in a unified voice that we need a new forum, a fresh start, a new-fresh everything ^.^

Ahem....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No starting a new Forum site. >.< This is my home. I was born here, I'll digest here. =P

Unless you mean new in spirit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 32
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:06 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
You guys are gonna love this!

How about...

How about we make a thread pointing everything that went wrong, brainstorm ideas about it and suggest in a unified voice that we need a new forum, a fresh start, a new-fresh everything ^.^

I think it'll solve all our problems. Unplug the switch... and plug it on somewhere else ^.^ If not, we're doomed to talk over the dead corpses of our past.

I tell you, fresh start. If you wanna get political, it's called a revolution.

I thought I already did that,

http://felarya.forumotion.com/t3875-where-do-we-go-from-here

brought it up many times actually

http://felarya.forumotion.com/t3977p50-where-are-we-now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
avatar

Posts : 3766
Join date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:46 am

Shady Knight wrote:
The last discussion about Negav was concerning the Lower Tier, almost a year ago. We were all getting wrapped up in how fights in the Jaslow Arena would go. Stabs made some convenient summaries about it. After that, the whole conversation died. For what it's worth, Karbo only replied twice, once to clarify that the Skyless City referred to a place in the Underground part of town, and the other to showcase a picture he was working on that showcased the wall's defenses. So I think it's safe to say the whole conversation slipped his mind. For my part, I'm all for continuing the project, but I would rather do it after Karbo takes a look at what Amaroq and the rest of the forum discussed about the redesign of the Lower Tier before working on another part of the city. That way we have one less loose end to worry about in case the discussion stalls again. Me, I would like to tackle the Ascarlin Mountains next, specifically the mines, since they're so integral to Negav's development.

Yes this one sort of slipped from my mind after all the work on the underground sorry ^^; I'll go on it again asap so we can advance on it.

_________________
My main gallery
The Felarya wiki
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2008-07-19
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:18 am

Well, I'd be happy if you told me where we kinda left off / whats your stance on what i wrote so far, and then we go from there.

Dalia: "Yeah, go for it! I finally want a city for my tavern! With interesting people! And stuff!"

That's off-topic.

"Dalia: " No its not! Its totally relevant: Because dead people can't work for me. So work, and prove you're not dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 752
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Shady Knight wrote:
The last discussion about Negav was concerning the Lower Tier, almost a year ago. We were all getting wrapped up in how fights in the Jaslow Arena would go. Stabs made some convenient summaries about it. After that, the whole conversation died. For what it's worth, Karbo only replied twice, once to clarify that the Skyless City referred to a place in the Underground part of town, and the other to showcase a picture he was working on that showcased the wall's defenses. So I think it's safe to say the whole conversation slipped his mind. For my part, I'm all for continuing the project, but I would rather do it after Karbo takes a look at what Amaroq and the rest of the forum discussed about the redesign of the Lower Tier before working on another part of the city. That way we have one less loose end to worry about in case the discussion stalls again. Me, I would like to tackle the Ascarlin Mountains next, specifically the mines, since they're so integral to Negav's development.

As for why I personally wasn't very active? Simply put, I put most of my focus on my stories, so I don't have much to discuss on the forum right now. Aside from giving Nagas an updated article, I didn't really have much much to contribute at the moment.

Excuse me, but I think you might be forgetting my post: http://felarya.forumotion.com/t4059-felarya-entertainment
(Even though it attracted little attraction)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:23 am

I didn't forget your post, dragon. I just don't care about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1679
Join date : 2014-11-10

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:31 pm

...

Well - at least, hes honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 752
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Shady Knight wrote:
I didn't forget your post, dragon. I just don't care about it.

And honestly, why not? If we can have a discussion on how fights happen in the Janslo Arena (an interesting idea that I should probably check out when I get time), why not have a discussion about what the average civilian does for fun in Negav? I mean, Television is canon already, so that opens a lot of possibilities. Although I do understand one thing I said is probably wrong, that the TV shows would involve vore-which would be wrong because it would be a sensitive topic to all except the voraphiles. (Actually, I bet Negav would also have an underground Porn and sex industry of ladies swallowing tinies for a video or something similar with sexual acts).

Look, I'm not mad or anything. I just dont want to feel discounted here. Beacuse honestly, there are times when you and Darkone have made me feel really bad for posting stuff. And that kinda took the fun out of posting for me. Eventually I just really gave up on new ideas beacuse they all seemed to get pushed aside.

On a side note, anyone heard from Furspy15? It's been a while and i'm getting worried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4511
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm not interested in brainstorming ideas that I'm most likely never going to use in my work. Plus, the Jaslow Arena is also a location in the city rather than just a little recreational game you could play in any old tavern. So developing how fights are arranged, especially how they evolved since its early days as an underground fighting ring, as part of the location makes more sense than creating a whole separate topic just for this one thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 32
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:37 am

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyWeCantHaveNiceThings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Water-Nebula
Naga food
avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2016-07-23

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
You guys are gonna love this!

How about...

How about we make a thread pointing everything that went wrong, brainstorm ideas about it and suggest in a unified voice that we need a new forum, a fresh start, a new-fresh everything ^.^

I think it'll solve all our problems. Unplug the switch... and plug it on somewhere else ^.^ If not, we're doomed to talk over the dead corpses of our past.

I tell you, fresh start. If you wanna get political, it's called a revolution.


But I just got here ;-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilceren
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 675
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 26
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:55 am

This topic seems to be slowly devolving with a mix of our fears and desires unchecked. I know the title is nothing close to a topic of discussion, but please try to make this a place to discuss how to make the forum lively again, as well as remember why it's like this in the first place. I know the second part's been discussed a few times already, but maybe it's different now with the consequences apparent.

_________________
TOA Heavy Industries, that's the name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 32
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:27 am

Ilceren wrote:
but please try to make this a place to discuss how to make the forum lively again, as well as remember why it's like this in the first place. I know the second part's been discussed a few times already, but maybe it's different now with the consequences apparent.

not to sound like a debbie downer, but i don't think the consequences and the reasons for them are being acknowledged, people are just handwaving it away and blaming "lazy people"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 32
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:21 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
avatar

Posts : 449
Join date : 2010-08-04
Location : Britannia

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:10 pm

I LIVE...

No seriously though holy crap its been a long time since I logged in. Looking over my old stuff is so cringy. I was such an edgy fuck a few years ago, just look at my profile picture. Always have fond memories of this place though, glad to see that its still alive, if just barely. Perhaps if I see something cool happening I might hop in, or maybe I'll try and start something myself. So nostalgic to see these old names after all this time.

Felarya and its community will always have a special place in my heart. sobsob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iZyren
Naga food
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-01-06
Age : 23
Location : On icy Scapes.

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 am

i got a week free now so i might end up more active now.
As stated before the problem lies with IRL stuff and timezones so many people online at the same time is rare.

Also the chatbox disconneting people for being idle is rather annoying to me. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1679
Join date : 2014-11-10

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:16 am

Mortis wrote:
I LIVE...

No seriously though holy crap its been a long time since I logged in. Looking over my old stuff is so cringy. I was such an edgy fuck a few years ago, just look at my profile picture. Always have fond memories of this place though, glad to see that its still alive, if just barely. Perhaps if I see something cool happening I might hop in, or maybe I'll try and start something myself. So nostalgic to see these old names after all this time.

Felarya and its community will always have a special place in my heart. sobsob

No Problem - look over the RPGs - and if You like one - off You go! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4009
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:54 am

iZyren wrote:
i got a week free now so i might end up more active now.
As stated before the problem lies with IRL stuff and timezones so many people online at the same time is rare.

Also the chatbox disconneting people for being idle is rather annoying to me. :/

Yeah the reason I never use it is because it d/c's you after 10 minutes if you don't do anything, and putting in "." is just too hard to remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
avatar

Posts : 449
Join date : 2010-08-04
Location : Britannia

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Having some issues with the comp lately, but once I get them sorted out I might try starting something up, or joining something perhaps. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 752
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Mortis wrote:
Having some issues with the comp lately, but once I get them sorted out I might try starting something up, or joining something perhaps. Smile

What kind of something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1679
Join date : 2014-11-10

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:41 am

Yess! Get active! I am still waiting... angel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. I
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 327
Join date : 2013-08-07
Location : Chiilin' on Possios' web

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm still here and kicking. The forum does look like it's gone dormant for the most part, but I know that it'll get back to being a bustling hive of activity like it was when I first joined back in 2013. The chatbox was crowded, and people were posting all kinds of things in several different threads a day, particularly the RP section =3 But since things have slowed down a bit, the community is still here and present, and i actually talk to a few forum members over texts and Skype and such.

(I can also be reached there if you wish to RP at all.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4009
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:18 am

I talk to quite a few forum goers and ex-forum goers over skype.

I've posted some stuff the last few days myself, if anyone cares to give it a look :p. There's plenty of places for development. I suppose right now people are focusing on rewriting Negav to make it better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: forum looks dead   

Back to top Go down
 
forum looks dead
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Man caught driving with dead body
» Does Gerry admit to knowing Madeleine is dead!!!!!
» Two women 'caught trying to smuggle dead relative on to passenger jet at Liverpool airport'
» Socialite Heiress Found Dead In LA Aged 30
» Man And Baby Found Dead At House In Preston

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: