Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya 2017

Go down 
+7
Gamma
Karbo
Mr. I
dragon808tr
Stabs
Archmage_Bael
jedi-explorer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Hello folks! Hope you're all having a happy new year. In my part of the world it's not quite new years, but I thought I'd take some some time to say I'm rather pleased with how Felarya has progressed. We got a grid coordinate map, tons of new content and awesome n00bs as well as a bunch of great stories. Heck we had Karbo drawing the Vishmitals when he hates to draw guns and spaceships XD Very awesome.

So what do you think we'll be in for next year in Felarya? Hopefully more Forum activity. It lulled a bit, but I don't think the forum is dead personally, and we had less good new fan articles from NEW fans. So many new ideas that deserve a spot in the wiki too. Chief among them I think Bael's fleshing out and adding to the lore of the Ivokian Savanah and Far Lands as well as the random bits like the angelic and demonic Centerpoint type prison. Stabs allowed me to co-write the Telks with him and that was a blast. Truly!

My hopes for 2017 would be of course the next Felarya Tome as well as a few more things like the Trio Comic even XD I like vorish silliness as well as story too. I also hope we'll see more ideas added to the wiki as well as a overhaul of the weapons and common artifacts page using the ones we put on the Artifacts Thread that Nyaha made previously as well as seeing Karelem fleshed out and solidified as the official second large city of Felarya, what with safe harbour and Shilapo both being villages.

And maybe once I get the hang of it we can try making a game on MV! Who knows? That's one of my favorite things about this universe: never knowing what's next but always being happy to discover something new and exciting. So why don't you add your hopes for Felarya in 2017! N bickering. <.< Just your ideas and dreams. No matter how outlandish or odd they may be! Go!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 10:17 am

Let me ruin your year already. There's been a shooting in Turkey in less than 2 hours of the new year. Evil laugh

http://time.com/4620005/turkey-istanbul-reina-shooting-santa/
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Let me ruin your year already. There's been a shooting in Turkey in less than 2 hours of the new year.  Evil laugh

http://time.com/4620005/turkey-istanbul-reina-shooting-santa/
-

-.-; Blast. Well can't have everything can I? Otherwise I'd be posting this from a barely lit dungeon while a gal beat me with a ridding crop! XD But either way do you have any expectations or hopes for Fealarya this year, Bael?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 8:54 pm

I don't hold my hopes up that much anymore. I'm a lot more cynical now than I was when I first joined. I'll hope its not as bad a year, and as long as Marie Le Pen doesn't win I'll probably be happy.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 5:44 am

For Felarya, Bael, not for France. She's not running in Felarya, she's running in France.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 10:19 am

Don't really have any expectations, though. I mean other than people working a little harder to put out ideas and comment on each other's threads more, that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 2:53 pm

Well Happy 2017 to all! Even though some are doubtful, I am still Optimistic about it! It is the year I graduate College after all, then its off to the scary place called the real world! *Laughs nervously* Although, I am excited since Karbo said he would be around more and doing more this year, including the next tome! Something I'm very excited for since I can't wait to see where the story goes! Unfortunately, College starts back in a week (We only had 3 weeks off!) Although, I'll try to gather some thoughts together into a few posts to get things rolling here!

Now that I think about it, dosent 2017 mark 10 years of Felarya?
Back to top Go down
Mr. I
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Mr. I

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 6:38 pm

My hopes for Felarya in 2017 are a resurgence in forum activity, people posting new and lovable stories with organic and 3-dimensional characters.

And a game on MV wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd happily spend a few hours on that project. ^_^

And I really hope Karbo can reach his next milestone on his patreon page.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 7:54 am

Happy new year ^^ Well one of my resolution for this year is to really do more on the universe building front :3
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 am

Karbo wrote:
Happy new year ^^ Well one of my resolution for this year is to really do more on the universe building front :3

That would be cool to see to expand the universe. Also Karbo, doesn't this year mark 10 years of Felarya?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 11:28 am

dragon808tr wrote:
Karbo wrote:

That would be cool to see to expand the universe. Also Karbo, doesn't this year mark 10 years of Felarya?

Almost. Wait a few months.
Back to top Go down
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Gamma

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 8:03 am

Karbo wrote:

Now this sounds exciting. Not to rush you, but is a completed version of the Vishmital concept art to be found on that front? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 9:15 am

Gamma wrote:

Now this sounds exciting.  Not to rush you, but is a completed version of the Vishmital concept art to be found on that front? Very Happy

instead of learning from history, we are just going to repeat what we were doing before the fall in activity?
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 8:29 pm

DarkOne wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Now this sounds exciting.  Not to rush you, but is a completed version of the Vishmital concept art to be found on that front? Very Happy

instead of learning from history, we are just going to repeat what we were doing before the fall in activity?

What do you mean Darky?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 12:25 am

I'm personally deciding on closing my deviantart account in a few days. I don't really go there anymore and I'm kinda reminded constantly of embarassing stuff that I did years ago. That's why I've been quiet about it lately.

Though I would definitely like to help more in the worldbuilding here. As soon as things get in order RL though. Let's just say 2017 has been kicking me in the pants for an extended period of time.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 am

Gamma wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Yup ! the page is shaded and mostly done now. I just have to put some more touches to differentiate more each designs, then I'll post it to get a general feedback from the community Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Karbo wrote:
Gamma wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Yup ! the page is shaded and mostly done now. I just have to put some more touches to differentiate more each designs, then I'll post it to get a general feedback from the community Smile

answers my question,
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 10:04 am

dragon808tr wrote:
DarkOne wrote:
Gamma wrote:

What do you mean Darky?

Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Okay, Dark, if you think we're all being insane by repeatedly going around in circles? Tell us what to do. I'm not even mocking I'm genuinely curious! Very Happy So please tell us what you would do differently because after all this thread is to tell people about your hopes for Felarya and hopes can be in the form of a wish or blue print made of desire and determination.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Back before the last of the trolls and flamers left (W3K, Zion, etc) We used to have many people who would constantly post and review. There were a whole slew of them and every day tons and tons of ideas were constantly being churned out and even reviewed by each other, and ALWAYS commented on.

It was common courtesy that if you read something at all, you leave some kind of comment, not just hit the back page, shrug and move on. This encouraged people to continue. Then a bunch of people left after the last great conflict, and it hasn't really recovered since then. We have a lot of people who sign on and visit, but we don't really retain them all that well. We don't look like an active community.

We have tons of areas of Felarya that need developing. I can look at the map and point at anything on the edge. I'd suggest to look at the wiki if it weren't down, and find a location that doesn't have a lot of plant or animal life and come up with something to fit in there. Everywhere past Akaptor Desert and Kryromia fields, that whole area needs developing. Various areas of the ocean don't have a lot of plants.

In fact, do we have ANY ocean dwelling plants at ALL?

What about Oolonde Lakeland, the Islands around the edges? These are just places too, that could use both animals and plants. Not to mention inventing up cultural information for various species. A great project we still need to work on are how the fairies operate as a society beyond just being "a random group of millions of friends who just hang around in the kingdom", but also legends. Adding mythos within felarya even, legends, stories that people would tell their children.

There's so much to do its ridiculous. Get out there and brainstorm ideas, and I encourage you to read each other's ideas, and to leave some kind of comment on it. I could continue to ramble about this, too. I don't even know if people are even reading anything anymore because nobody comments on each other's ideas except for Karbo.

You cant just sit around and wait for Karbo to say something, you need to go out there and do it, and act like an active community. As somebody who's been around here since 2009, I suggest you take my advice. (I was lurking in late 2008 even, but whatever)
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 5:48 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Okay, Dark, if you think we're all being insane by repeatedly going around in circles? Tell us what to do. I'm not even mocking I'm genuinely curious! Very Happy  So please tell us what you would do differently because after all this thread is to tell people about your hopes for Felarya and hopes can be in the form of a wish or blue print made of desire and determination.

I already have, almost two years ago

https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3875-where-do-we-go-from-here

Last edited by DarkOne on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Bael wrote:
In fact, do we have ANY ocean dwelling plants at ALL?

There's like a handful and I can't remember. Good point! We should pool our resources and try to populate the ocean with plants! Heck more aquatic stuff in general? After all I went to look for river dwelling fish and animals and found that, despite rivers being so popular as setting, there's hardly any critters really under those crystal blue waters of doom!

Bael wrote:
What about Oolonde Lakeland, the Islands around the edges? These are just places too, that could use both animals and plants.

This is a good point. The Oolonde Lakelands are a very bare land still all these years latter. Even I only have a spare few locations there and not much info. =/ The few critters I can think of are mostly stubs at best. the Ramildon, the water walking lizard mounts, is about the best fauna I can remember and not one plant.

Bael the Shower of the Way wrote:
Not to mention inventing up cultural information for various species. A great project we still need to work on are how the fairies operate as a society beyond just being "a random group of millions of friends who just hang around in the kingdom", but also legends. Adding mythos within felarya even, legends, stories that people would tell their children.

O.O Tis a good point about the fairy Kingdom. It has alway irked me a little how there's no real structure in the higher parts of society and yet Nemyra is a 'Queen'. I always thought fairies had a loose system of government on the surface but secretly beneath it there was a system of order handled by Nemyra and her court. An unseen giant hand guiding things from the shadows. But then again that's just a theory. Never seen others put forth much other than Nick theorized Nemyra's palace isn't some giant structure but a small doll house like one that one can only get into with size changing magic or assistance. Honestly I love that idea visually and strategically.
Back to top Go down
iZyren
Naga food
iZyren

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 2:02 pm

As for me i'll try to get my text out of the notes and into the forum even if they aren't completed yet since it's starting to annoy me :/. I need to stop constant overthinking of everything.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am

DarkOne wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:
Okay, Dark, if you think we're all being insane by repeatedly going around in circles? Tell us what to do. I'm not even mocking I'm genuinely curious! Very Happy  So please tell us what you would do differently because after all this thread is to tell people about your hopes for Felarya and hopes can be in the form of a wish or blue print made of desire and determination.

and again i am met with silence
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 2:08 pm

DarkOne wrote:
DarkOne wrote:

and again i am met with silence

Have you read my post?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felarya 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya 2017   Felarya 2017 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya 2017