Felarya

Felarya forum
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you care what happens to Lea?
Yes
47%
 47% [ 7 ]
No
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
I'm just here for Giantess and Vore
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
I haven't read the manga
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15
 

AuthorMessage
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 869
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 pm

So while doing some boring lab stuff today, my mind wandered upon an actually pretty good Felarya question. "Do you care what happens to Lea in the manga?" I hope i'm not the only one out there that actually feels for this character. After being enslaved all her life and betrayed, she welcomed a brief moment of freedom by crisis, and welcomed death, which saved her in the end. But after the deliciousness curse put on her by Lesona, her days are limited (Unless she kills Lesona, which could break the spell, I theorize).

So, do you care if she lives or dies? Or is it irrelevant to you? (Or possibly something else?) Let me know what you think!

((Side note: If I could hug any character from any series, I'd pick Lea just because I sympathize with her and know what that feeling must be like. Although knowing her, she would probably push me off and call Crisis to eat me! Laughing Which wouldn't be too bad I suppose.))

Also, sorry for not being around much. This is my last semester of college and its brutal! My mental state is also slipping and i'm just incredibly scatterbrained!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 934
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:23 pm

not really, if we're going purely by the manga then i have to say Lea's development was too lacking for me to care for her as a character personally. i just like the giantess and Vore as far the manga goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1407
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 29
Location : Fantasy Land ^_^

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Ofcourse I care about Lea! She's one of the first human characters Karbo made and she's honestly pretty interesting if simplistic. Even if she wasn't a staple I'd want her to keep suriviving simply cause she's such a great example of a simple but ingenious action survivor. If not that then I must say nobody can hate her rivalry with Belletia! XD It's just so adoreable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
felarya_refugee
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2017-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Siren Sands Babeh~

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Ofcourse we love Leá! She is awesome and thanks to the Deliscae Curse plenty of her freinds will want to try and eat her!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ashely-virgo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4038
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:20 am

I anticipate what happens in the next Tome. I can't wait until Karbo works on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 869
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I anticipate what happens in the next Tome. I can't wait until Karbo works on it.

And what do you think will happen in the next Tome?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1407
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 29
Location : Fantasy Land ^_^

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:05 pm

dragon808tr wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
I anticipate what happens in the next Tome. I can't wait until Karbo works on it.

And what do you think will happen in the next Tome?

We alkready know it will center around Subeta diving into Latarn Temple I do believe it was so Subby solving puzzles, Jonesing it up and likely eating people while Marken dodges traps and gets separated finding himself face to face with a sphinx while reciting over and over "The Spirits said I would not die today" XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast


Posts : 3222
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:48 am

Any character development is good development to me. Though I don't enjoy seeing people die, having it serve a purpose in the overall story is always nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 934
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:44 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I can't wait until Karbo works on it.

you say that and yet here you are, still faithfull after five years of no show.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4038
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:27 am

DarkOne wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
I can't wait until Karbo works on it.

you say that and yet here you are, still faithfull after five years of no show.


DarkOne, I'm not here because of just Karbo's work, because it looks pretty or because he works on manga. Vore drew me to this world and that's what I liked at first, but as I spent time looking at it, I shadowed the forum. This was in late 2008, mind you. I joined it as an official member in early may, and I contributed because I wanted to be a part of those beautiful drawings. As things developed I grew a love for this place beyond just the pretty pictures. Keep in mind there was no Felarya manga back then. Nor was there a patreon that allowed Karbo's fans a more direct involvement with his art. People were here because they loved the world. We argued over it, got divided over it, but we all still loved it.

Then I started to join the writing community. French Snack was writing back then, too, and Shady Knight was putting out stories (all of which have been re written), and I wanted to do something. I asked Shady Knight for some help, and as I wrote he'd shred my stories, and it'd help me learn. I slowly developed into a decent writer. I'm not anywhere near as good as French Snack, but writing while a NEET gave me something to do, and a passion. It also got me to start drawing a little, again. (I need to get back to that). There are things about Felarya that I love because of the community, what it has done for me, and that is something that I will continue to repay by continuing to try my best to be here for others.

Felarya got me to draw and write. That writing helped me with my college courses, because the ideas could flow from my head onto paper better (not because of the content). Felarya helped my life outside of the internet as well. I am faithful, and will CONTINUE to be faithful regardless of how many people come and go. I will be here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 869
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:49 pm

DarkOne wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
I can't wait until Karbo works on it.

you say that and yet here you are, still faithfull after five years of no show.


Hey Darkone, I am kinda wondering something about you, if I may be honest. In multiple posts you've made over time, it seems that you really dont like Felarya and the way its organized and the problems in it (and there are some of course), but if you don't like Felarya, then why do you stick around? I'm not attacking, just curious really. I also could be missing something as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 869
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
DarkOne wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
I can't wait until Karbo works on it.

you say that and yet here you are, still faithfull after five years of no show.


DarkOne, I'm not here because of just Karbo's work, because it looks pretty or because he works on manga. Vore drew me to this world and that's what I liked at first, but as I spent time looking at it, I shadowed the forum. This was in late 2008, mind you. I joined it as an official member in early may, and I contributed because I wanted to be a part of those beautiful drawings. As things developed I grew a love for this place beyond just the pretty pictures. Keep in mind there was no Felarya manga back then. Nor was there a patreon that allowed Karbo's fans a more direct involvement with his art. People were here because they loved the world. We argued over it, got divided over it, but we all still loved it.

Then I started to join the writing community. French Snack was writing back then, too, and Shady Knight was putting out stories (all of which have been re written), and I wanted to do something. I asked Shady Knight for some help, and as I wrote he'd shred my stories, and it'd help me learn. I slowly developed into a decent writer. I'm not anywhere near as good as French Snack, but writing while a NEET gave me something to do, and a passion. It also got me to start drawing a little, again. (I need to get back to that). There are things about Felarya that I love because of the community, what it has done for me, and that is something that I will continue to repay by continuing to try my best to be here for others.

Felarya got me to draw and write. That writing helped me with my college courses, because the ideas could flow from my head onto paper better (not because of the content). Felarya helped my life outside of the internet as well. I am faithful, and will CONTINUE to be faithful regardless of how many people come and go. I will be here.

Well said AMB! I'm kinda a similar way, since I found Felarya at the darkest time of my life, it helped me recover a little and I made friends with some amazing people, and I still continue to do so! Even without the fetish aspect, Felarya is still an incredible and fun world! I think about it daily as well. (And try to think of posts that aren't too stupid to post). While I haven't done any full-on Felarya stories due to time limits, I've had some amazing RPs and talks around the community! Even introducing some to Felarya!

So as stated above, I'm going to stick with Felarya through everything! (Unless Karbo unleashes a Felarya portal, then I'm going!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 934
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 am

dragon808tr wrote:

Hey Darkone, I am kinda wondering something about you, if I may be honest. In multiple posts you've made over time, it seems that you really dont like Felarya and the way its organized and the problems in it (and there are some of course), but if you don't like Felarya, then why do you stick around? I'm not attacking, just curious really. I also could be missing something as well.

I like Felarya for what it was
I like Felarya for what it sometimes still is,
I like Felarya for what it could be
but I am not sure if I like what it's becoming.

cryptic as hell I know, but with a community as broken as this one it's getting harder to get a point across
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4038
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:35 am

DarkOne wrote:
dragon808tr wrote:

Hey Darkone, I am kinda wondering something about you, if I may be honest. In multiple posts you've made over time, it seems that you really dont like Felarya and the way its organized and the problems in it (and there are some of course), but if you don't like Felarya, then why do you stick around? I'm not attacking, just curious really. I also could be missing something as well.

I like Felarya for what it was
I like Felarya for what it sometimes still is,
I like Felarya for what it could be
but I am not sure if I like what it's becoming.

cryptic as hell I know, but with a community as broken as this one it's getting harder to get a point across

People who have this problem generally tend to make a big post about it, where people can come together. (so feel free to make one and voice your own concerns!)

Now for my spheal:
Though Felarya used to have all manner of trolls and flamers, but the illusion of major activity was because of the arguments over pointless or irrelevant things. Now that they're gone, in my opinion, we need to get people to actually comment more on each other's ideas. I do it sometimes, but I havent seen one in a long while, and we have half a map to expand on, much less cities like Chioita, Kelerm, and Negav. If people commented on each other's ideas, it'd say "hey, I'm paying attention to you as well!" and it gives them encouragement to write more, but for some reason people don't do that. I think its because they feel like they don't have anything to contribute, and that is false. Just your presence in their thread would be enough even if its something like a simple line that shows you support their idea or not. A full length critique isn't always necessary. If you have the time and are willing to do it, then that that's great. However, people here need to interact more outside of a single major thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 934
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:


People who have this problem generally tend to make a big post about it, where people can come together. (so feel free to make one and voice your own concerns!)

been there, done that, bought the whole gift store

me - 2015 wrote:
Okay, let's see if I can have a go at this...


'Felarya started out as an fantasy world centred on the Vorarephilia fetish, which is characterised by the erotic desire to be consumed by, or sometimes to personally consume another person whole. Felarya’s type of Vore in particular mostly focusses on themes of Macrophillia, Microphilia and BDSM (partially Female Domination)

BDSM is a theme involving dominance and submission, normally played out through roleplay (either between real life couples, social gatherings online or within fantasy fiction) There’s always the Dom (dominant) and the Sub (the submissive)
In Felarya’s case the humans is generally of the Sub while large giants (mostly female) play the Dom role, (Femdoms) The size dynamics between humans and giantesses are a metaphor for the dynamics of power, the giantesses are bigger than humans because they are dominate in this fantasy world, which therefore symbolises the Femdom’s dominance of the sub in this particular fiction.
The act of consumption symbolises the Femdom taking full control of the sub, The Femdom fully enveloping the sub with her very presence. The Sub is surrounded by her in every direction, the world as he knows it is nothing but her, no escape.

Felarya as Karbo intended appears to be a carnivalesque style fiction with camp aesthetic style. carnivalesque is a literally mode that subverts and liberates the assumptions of the dominant style through humour and chaos. In Felarya’s case it does this with with gender politics and authoritarian systems, in the real world men are generally in control, using the social system in civilisation to their advantage. in Felarya it’s women, using no systems at all, just their very essence. Their nudity symbolises raw naturalistic feminine power as it defies all attempts made by the system to control it.

Camp is an aesthetic style and sensibility based on deliberate and self-acknowledged theatricality, in other words everything is over the top and never takes itself seriously. The idea of camp generally means not bogged down on realism and instead just enjoy art for art’s sake. That means everything on the surface level of the narrative is treated as fake and cheap.
Camp treat everything in quotation marks, Like “Predator” and “Adventurer”
The character of Crisis is introduced as a “Predatory Naga” living in an “Deadly world.” But these elements are camped up to serve the fetish and humour, what Crisis really is underneath the surface narrative is a animesque moe girl playing a Femdom role in a BDSM fantasy, those are the aspects of Crisis that matters, that’s where the effort and detail goes towards and influences the character's behaviour and narrative, not the surface level stylistic trappings. Crisis doesn’t act like a fantasy monster living in the most dangerous forest, and her life is far more lofty than one would realistically expect from a character who lives in the wilderness and has to fight for her mealticket. Therefore Crisis as a “Naga” is merely the theatrical role that Crisis the Femdom is playing in this story, in other words, Crisis’s act is similar to that of a drag queen.    
What that means is that we are supposed to realise it’s just a sexual fantasy, that even the fiction itself knows it isn’t real as if the happenings of Felarya was actually some kind of BDSM role-play brought to life before our eyes on a theatre stage, and if anything it goes out of it’s way to remind you of this fact. The labels “Predator” and “Adventurer” were merely how the Dom and Sub roles are dressed up to give the fiction some flavour, we are supposed to buy into the act on a low level, but not necessary take it at face value.

This is why complaints about Karbo’s work (and vore in general) miss the point, because taking it at face value is exactly what they do, complainers worry about the non-existent and hardly realistic lives of the sub role simply because they are “Humans” (which ignores the fact that everything in Felarya looks human.)
The problem is that these people ignore the fact that the primary audience of Felarya (and BDSM Femdom in general) are male submissives, or at least males who fancy the idea of roleplaying a submissive role, Therefore the Sub human role is in fact representative of the intended audience, they are the reader. This means that the humans metaphysical fate tends to be symbolically sealed the moment the reader choose to read Vorarephilia fiction. You don’t want them to get eaten? Then stop reading. They are you after all, and you can cease the fiction anytime you want. This is why the knee-jerk reaction from haters is flawed, their reactions assume a target being victimised where actually there is, subtext-wise, a willing participant playing a pretend role.

This is also why treating it as an actual grounded setting is so difficult, You're asking for the farce to be treated realistically.
Many attempts have been made to treat Felarya as a actual setting, one where the surface  aesthetic style is treated as substantial and relevant to the narrative, such as morality discussions with the predators (note how that word now lacks the quotation marks) The very lives of these fantasy creatures are now the focus in this kind of stories and their relationship with the humans.
Many tend to end up at least somewhat flawed in some way or another. The reason is that grounding Felarya requires a reworking of the carnivalesque and camp aesthetic styles and the BDSM fantasy more or less minimised if not removed completely. Many contributors simply fail to consider this, they want a different story direction but fail to make the necessary change to the narrative rules. Despite the intentions of the author to get away from the BDSM themes, the characters remain as BDSM roles by default due to the lack of new context in order for the readers to interpret the setting, the giants still appear to be happy naked gaint moe girls, with perky bosoms, flawless skin, perfectly shaved armpits and crotch, attractive hair, and no signs of flaws, wounds or nourishment, all this without without the tongue in cheek and risqué narrative to justify such a depiction of what the author claims to be “Man-eaters.”. And these authors want you to take it completely seriously.

And how does one treat hundred foot naked femdom dominatrixes seriously?
Most contributors don’t even bother answering that question, they think they can avoid the vore theme simply by avoiding the physical depiction of consumption, but this shows a lack of understanding of Felarya’s brand of Vorarephilia was about to start with, it wasn’t simply about creatures eating people, there is also the sexual imagery and power play in the size differences. Even if a writer tries to avoid the vore theme, those leftover themes still remain. A competent creator would either find a new way to make those leftovers work with the narrative he/she has in mind, or else just alter them to fit. But most creators don’t, they just drop their characters into Felarya, a complete replication of Karbo’s version of Felarya, under the flawed assumption that avoiding vore will somehow make a difference. But all this does is create a confused narrative that looks like erotic fiction, but lacks the self-awareness to realize it. It’s like a guy walking into a dominatrix’s dungeon and decided he wants to do a boxing session instead, just because he isn’t aware he is in a Femdom’s domain doesn’t change the fact that he is in the presence of an dominatrix in a skintight leather suit and a whip.

Their stories just end up taking themselves far too seriously and doesn’t explain why the threat of this fictional universe had to be giant naked ladies or why they feel the need to swallow their victims whole instead of just chewing them up like one would expect these creatures to do if they were real. These stories instead ask pointless questions that are presented as moral discussions that are directed at the Femdoms (The behavior of giant naked anime girls that generally doesn’t represent anything other than BDSM doesn’t make for very relevant morality tale, I can write a story with a moral about how it’s wrong to cram a load of thongs and G-strings into someone’s car exhausts while leaving bacon strips all over the engine, just because the moral is technically correct, doesn’t mean I won’t look ridiculous when I try making myself look profound and deep by preaching such a thing in a serious manner.)  They take this subject in such a straight faced and serious manner that they end up being unintentionally hilarious and ruins any attempt at drama the author might have attempted.

The problem is Karbo tries to have it both ways, he wants to keep the setting how it was originally intended while allowing content that is completely contrary to the nature of the source material with no explanation how these themes could possibly co-exist. You end up with a setting that in someways too silly to be taken seriously and too serious to be taken light heartily. Of course seriousness and humour can work hand in hand, but there has to be a balance and a sense of consistency, the fiction has to decide what aspects are to be taken seriously and what aspects are just for shits and giggles (or flat out fan-service) If you try to please everyone you will end up pleasing no-one. This is an issue that can’t be fixed by burying it under the whims of the contributors, piling on new races, cities, magic systems and weapons and so on would do nothing but dress up the already schizophrenic setting with even more trifles and window dressing. What Felarya really needs is a sense of purpose and direction that makes it easier for contributors to blend their ideas with the setting with minimal chaf. Felarya started off as a BDSM Vorarephilia setting, and in my opinion while it had it’s weaknesses, it at least had a purpose and a design philosophy, just because it’s purpose was niche and not to everyone’s tastes didn’t mean it didn’t work on it’s own terms.
But the more grounded Felarya that many creators seem to want, one that can be “an adventure fantasy world that is more than just vore.” has, at best a very vague purpose and inconsistent sensibility, there is no blending of the original themes with the new ones. Instead it just employs an laissez faire attitude and just lets everyone do their own thing.

Or, if failing the grand design purpose idea. Felarya perhaps should abandon the concept of an ‘canon’ and opt for a mythology structure, where contributions are not necessary set in the same world as Karbo’s but their own worlds that share many themes and certain rules, but are otherwise allowed to reinterpret Felarya’s depiction. Kinda like how the Gotham City in the 1960’s tv show ‘Batman‘ is different from the Gotham City in Tim Burton’s ‘Batman’ movies, which in turn is different from the Gotham City in Nolan’s ‘Dark Knight Trilogy.‘ Same mythology, Same set up but are very different places with different narratives that have their own ideas and purpose.'

http://felarya.deviantart.com/journal/Proceedings-of-both-discussions-546399740
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 934
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:54 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:


If people commented on each other's ideas, it'd say "hey, I'm paying attention to you as well!" and it gives them encouragement to write more, but for some reason people don't do that. I think its because they feel like they don't have anything to contribute, and that is false. Just your presence in their thread would be enough even if its something like a simple line that shows you support their idea or not. A full length critique isn't always necessary. If you have the time and are willing to do it, then that that's great. However, people here need to interact more outside of a single major thread.

well people will comment on what they like or relate to, in a community base as broken felarya it can be often diffecult to even understand other people's tastes.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4038
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Except you don't need to have the same tastes as someone to comment on their ideas, really.

However, the problem we're having is with the ability for the community to be more active, not for Felarya to make sense in the way you want it to. There are various other things that could be said about that, and various things I could say about your post there. (one of which involves "gender politics" as you say, but also that is off topic for now)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor


Posts : 869
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:55 pm

DarkOne wrote:
dragon808tr wrote:

Hey Darkone, I am kinda wondering something about you, if I may be honest. In multiple posts you've made over time, it seems that you really dont like Felarya and the way its organized and the problems in it (and there are some of course), but if you don't like Felarya, then why do you stick around? I'm not attacking, just curious really. I also could be missing something as well.

I like Felarya for what it was
I like Felarya for what it sometimes still is,
I like Felarya for what it could be
but I am not sure if I like what it's becoming.

cryptic as hell I know, but with a community as broken as this one it's getting harder to get a point across

So you mean the old ways of a few years ago? (At least I think thats what you mean). I can certainly understand that. The community isn't very active, which I don't like. Although, it would definately help to see more things commented on. I know that I get excited whenever I see a comment on my post, even if its not long.

Although, if you want something to change or bring up a point or question, make a post about it, and don't worry about what others will think (Unless of course its something so crazy, like making all Felaryan preds space Nazi slime people Razz ) I know I've made a few bad posts in the past, but I still post when I get a good idea since it brings back a little life into the forum, like this post is doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 934
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 33
Location : Smart predators don't reveal their positions

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:

However, the problem we're having is with the ability for the community to be more active, not for Felarya to make sense in the way you want it to.

it wasn't about felarya making sense, back then i was pointing a tonal inconsistency that was tearing the community apart with it's identity crisis , alienating members and all round making it very difficult for people to contribute.

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Except you don't need to have the same tastes as someone to comment on their ideas, really.


in theory, yes, but you do need to understand the appeal of the tastes as someone else in order to provide constructive criticism, otherwise you just end up telling them to change aspects of their premise untill it becomes something else entirely or turn their premise into an compromised mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
avatar

Posts : 4038
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 29
Location : Shatterock Caldera

PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 pm

DarkOne wrote:
in theory, yes, but you do need to understand the appeal of the tastes as someone else in order to provide constructive criticism, otherwise you just end up telling them to change aspects of their premise untill it becomes something else entirely or turn their premise into an compromised mess.

I still disagree with this though. Your personal tastes aside, its about reviewing their work to see how concrete their idea is, any thing that may be lacking including an additional inspirational idea for flavor, or on whether or not it makes sense with the world, connects with the world around it, etc. Your personal biases will always be there reglardless of the situation, but in a setting like this would only make a big deal if someone makes a creature that conflicts with your wish-fulfillment or some kind of aspect like "I don't like guro or hard vore" on someone's creature that's meant to be more brutal and less, well...NICE.

That sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614917399
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll   

Back to top Go down
 
Do you care what happens to Lea? Poll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Easy Care Horse Rescue Centre
» Posh and Becks Joke Tops Edinburgh Poll
» Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls)
» Circumcision Opinion Poll
» Jodi Arias -- POLL

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: