Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lull 2017

Go down 
+6
Danason
Archmage_Bael
Ilceren
dragon808tr
Gamma
DarkOne
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 4:50 am

So how about this "lull" eh? came early this year
Back to top Go down
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Gamma

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 8:49 am

Honestly, that's primarily because, as far as I can tell, most of our few previous drivers of activity have either left or tapered off, and Karbo is almost the sole activity driver. When Karbo's busy elsewhere, nothing much happens.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 9:17 am

Well, I'm trying to do what I can! The last few months have been rather intense with college, and I had few Felarya ideas that would make for good posts, and I just posted a few things that really have seen barely any activity, so I don't know what more I can do! I'm trying not to post to post, I'm trying to have my posts have a little more content.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Seems to me like an ongoing lull from summer 2016, more than a separate one.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Its been a lull since ZionAtriedes, Warrior3000, Jaette_Troll, and Anime-Junkie left. Though the first two people were permanently banned for reasons I will not go into.

Those four were constantly posting, all the time, and it drove other people to reply. I hang around, but I've been constantly busy, and then I just get distracted. Also Gamma is not wrong. People don't feel like responding unless Karbo says something, and that's something that people need to work on. There's plenty of things to talk about until he comes back and gives his two cents.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Its been a lull since ZionAtriedes, Warrior3000, Jaette_Troll, and Anime-Junkie left. Though the first two people were permanently banned for reasons I will not go into.

Those four were constantly posting, all the time, and it drove other people to reply. I hang around, but I've been constantly busy, and then I just get distracted. Also Gamma is not wrong. People don't feel like responding unless Karbo says something, and that's something that people need to work on. There's plenty of things to talk about until he comes back and gives his two cents.

Like what? Even for an obsessed fan like me there is really only so much to go into! The last major Felarya-oriented threads were about how the calendar would work and if people care what happens to lea in the manga. (The latter being my post). My problem is I do post often, its just I kinda feel like no one is interested, and granted, maybe no one likes that topic (like guns by the Vitishmal and their charastics and rounds) but besides my posts and a little RP section, there's not much going on that hasn't been my doing. And I really don't want to be seen as that guy that posts often to try to look cool, I just want to have some good discussion. I love coming here and seeing new replies in theads!
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 5:41 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Also Gamma is not wrong. People don't feel like responding unless Karbo says something, and that's something that people need to work on. There's plenty of things to talk about until he comes back and gives his two cents.

more like People don't feel like responding because they don't care, They respond when Karbo says something because he gives the impression that shit will get done, people respond to people they trust to get shit done, not people who do nothing but rhetoric.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 9:48 am

Well if you don't care, don't assume the rest of us don't either.

Anyway, our wiki editors used to be far more active here, so that's another thing.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 11:58 am

Well, how about this, since the main problem is lack of activity, what if Karbo let his followers know that this place exists, since I found it through googling Felarya and going down the page. It wouldn't fix everything, but it would certainly be worth a try.

Honestly though, I wish Karbo was more involved. I know life happens and that he is busy with art and comics, but as he said at the start of this year, he would be around more. It is kinda dull without him here most of the time and his presence would definitely help increase activity. I have hundreds of questions for him! (Or even if the other Felarya writers and artists came here that would help!)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Karbo is already pretty involved. He doesn't post all the time on the forums, but he's always doing what he can for us.

The problem is US. We need to post more often as a community. We have tons of people by they only come by to just scan, now. Start posting on lots of things. You don't need to have massive paragraphs. That comes with time, just input is helpful.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Karbo is already pretty involved. He doesn't post all the time on the forums, but he's always doing what he can for us.

The problem is US. We need to post more often as a community. We have tons of people by they only come by to just scan, now. Start posting on lots of things. You don't need to have massive paragraphs. That comes with time, just input is helpful.

Bael, Well I try to, Its just that I'm worried about becoming "that guy" who is way too into it for their own good. I just don't want to be seen as annoying for my posts. I'm getting some ideas for questions and discussions by reading the wiki again, so maybe that will help. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Danason
Tasty morsel
Danason

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Asking questions is a good way to start.

For example- is it just me or has Karbo become a little more "graphic" lately?
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Danason wrote:
Asking questions is a good way to start.

For example- is it just me or has Karbo become a little more "graphic" lately?

What do you mean by "more graphic"?
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 10:14 am

i presume Danason is refering to Karbo's increased attention to drawings and Patreons.

the reason is kinda obvious
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 12:17 pm

DarkOne wrote:
i presume Danason is refering to Karbo's increased attention to drawings and Patreons.

Well obviously he is learning and improving like all artists do. They improve over time, like me for instance. A few years ago I could only do a little better than stick figures, but now thanks to practice, I can draw Semi-decently.

For me though, I'm really not worried about the Patreon thing. Sure those who support him should be given drawings and he still posts non-patreon art and it keeps Karbo around, so I think its a good idea! I'd give to him if I had the money to spare.
Back to top Go down
Danason
Tasty morsel
Danason

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 2:02 pm

dragon808tr wrote:
DarkOne wrote:

Well obviously he is learning and improving like all artists do. They improve over time, like me for instance. A few years ago I could only do a little better than stick figures, but now thanks to practice, I can draw Semi-decently.

For me though, I'm really not worried about the Patreon thing. Sure those who support him should be given drawings and he still posts non-patreon art and it keeps Karbo around, so I think its a good idea! I'd give to him if I had the money to spare.

Well yes, Melany, Vivian and Malika getting "friendly"
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 5:53 am

Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 7:30 am

Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 am

This might be arrogant of me to say, but could my absence have contributed at all? D: When the forum was wonking up on my Wii U browser, I kind of stopped coming here, having already been feeling like I was gradually losing interest in the forum as a whole. I was probably one of the most active people in the chat and the RP section at least when I was coming around more often. I don't think I ever officially left the forum though, because as much as I feel like there's often not much of interest for me here, I still like Felarya as a concept and I've made a lot of good friends here.

Anyway, I dunno. Maybe I didn't have anything to do with the lull. But the forum is working better for my Wii U right now and I miss you guys, so I'm gonna' see if maybe I can find time for this place once in a while. To everyone who recognizes me, hi. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 am

Nyaha wrote:
This might be arrogant of me to say, but could my absence have contributed at all? D: When the forum was wonking up on my Wii U browser, I kind of stopped coming here, having already been feeling like I was gradually losing interest in the forum as a whole. I was probably one of the most active people in the chat and the RP section at least when I was coming around more often. I don't think I ever officially left the forum though, because as much as I feel like there's often not much of interest for me here, I still like Felarya as a concept and I've made a lot of good friends here.

Anyway, I dunno. Maybe I didn't have anything to do with the lull. But the forum is working better for my Wii U right now and I miss you guys, so I'm gonna' see if maybe I can find time for this place once in a while. To everyone who recognizes me, hi. Smile

Oh hey there! I didn't even know the Wii U had a browser that worked. I always use my laptop PC for here. Anyway, no, I wouldn't blame yourself. The fourm can kinda come and go in terms of activity. I try to post when I get a cool idea for a discussion, but sometimes it just dosen't work at all. But as for you, it of course is nice to have more active users, but hey, life happens you know? So I'd just say to reply when you can. I know I always enjoy it. (Besides, Karbo is apparently working on the next tome, so I'm sure that will give us a lot to discuss, as I enjoy reviewing his work).
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 12:51 am

Everything DarkOne said, I'm affraid I have to agree with it. The forum has become so boring, the posts are so uninteresting. No doubt people left. It's like a cemetery here, the only thing worth the reading are the dead threads.And there's Karbo's total absence. Believe me: if he has time to do heartbreaking posts about Chester Bennington (Linkin Park), he definetely has time to come around here to boost things up a little. He just don't. The why's are so obvious. There's nothing else interesting to do here. We built Felarya (saying we helped giving it some depth), now Karbo has it, and that's it. It's just... done. Now we get to create fanfics based on the universe. Because yeah, nothing moves unless there's the royal approbation from Karbo.

I guess it'll never be like what it used to be, before. Which could be great, in another context, but now it just deteriorates and the only real posts that are interesting are the ones questionning if this is really the end for this forum - which is, in my eyes, a good indication of the coming complete death of the forum. One day you'll come here and poof, the website is suddenly closed. There will only be the wiki left of the work done here, permanently frozen in its incompleteness.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 8:39 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
Everything DarkOne said, I'm affraid I have to agree with it. The forum has become so boring, the posts are so uninteresting. No doubt people left. It's like a cemetery here, the only thing worth the reading are the dead threads.And there's Karbo's total absence. Believe me: if he has time to do heartbreaking posts about Chester Bennington (Linkin Park), he definetely has time to come around here to boost things up a little. He just don't. The why's are so obvious. There's nothing else interesting to do here. We built Felarya (saying we helped giving it some depth), now Karbo has it, and that's it. It's just... done. Now we get to create fanfics based on the universe. Because yeah, nothing moves unless there's the royal approbation from Karbo.

I guess it'll never be like what it used to be, before. Which could be great, in another context, but now it just deteriorates and the only real posts that are interesting are the ones questionning if this is really the end for this forum - which is, in my eyes, a good indication of the coming complete death of the forum. One day you'll come here and poof, the website is suddenly closed. There will only be the wiki left of the work done here, permanently frozen in its incompleteness.

Well maybe if I wasn't the only one here who actually cared to make new posts, we wouldn't be in this mess? Things would be better off if everyone stopped complaining and used their brains to think up new posts to get this forum moving again? I'm not even seeing an attempt at anyone else but myself making any kind of effort to help! Its because of ME that we have a small but moving RP going on, its because of ME that there is still some slow but living discussions! Get off your asses and post something!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Its true. I hover around all the time, but I never post or see anything.

I've run out of enthusiasm to post new ideas because I know nobody comments on it, and nobody probably reads it.

Everyone went over to Patreon, since Karbo hit his new milestone yesterday, the focus has been all there, and no effort to revive the forum. He has 600+ active contributors. Felarya's not gonna die any time soon, but I'd like a more aggressive focus on forum revival. Though not a lot of people do forums these days either. The only active forums I see anymore are either reddit, 4chan, or the AAA game title forums like bioware or bethesda, but even then most people you run into even online don't forum.

Its not as engaging as it used to be, but I'm still gonna be here. Maybe I should write some ideas anyway :3
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 1:19 pm

do i really have through go this again? i've told everyone dozen of times over the last two years.

it's willful ignorance at this point

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lull 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lull 2017   Lull 2017 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lull 2017
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next