Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negav Mafia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Cecillia's Fangs

Cecillia's Fangs is the name of an organization deep within the pits of Negav's seedy black market and mafia society. The name's roots are a little unclear, but generally all in Negav understand the organization that is connected to this. Unofficially, it has existed since the great destruction.

The boss is known to be a Dridder, in fact. The leader lived in Negav since before the great destruction as a relatively dishonest merchant, with connections outside of the city with her family and friends with the Giant Dridder counterparts. When the destruction hit, and Negavians fled underground, she decided to use her hoarded goods, and connections outside to smuggle food and supplies to the hidden populace within the caves. Her small organization became a major operation, and one of many essential lifelines that have attributed to Negav's survival during that period. It is largely unknown how or where the supplies were smuggled, but because of this there are rumored to be other well hidden exits and entrances to the city, now forgotten.

After the destruction was over, all the Boss's crimes were quietly scrubbed. All charges withdrawn, and any issues she had with the law afterward went completely ignored by the guard. This was due to her organization's meddling with the personnel, and with the chaos of the great destruction, it was easy to get rid of guards who didn't approve of her band. Her organization became even bigger and more powerful with the rising Magiocrats. Those who did support her group would find themselves climbing the ranks quickly, but when the Magiocrats were cementing their power and influencing the city with their prejuduce and their newest creation - the Isolon Eye, her sister (also named Cecillia) was cursed by some fear mongers, and has since been bed ridden. The new mafia refocused their efforts into medical practices. The boss owns the majority of the medical facilities in Negav in the current year due to this. Rare and exotic materials are shipped thanks to her connections, and sold on the black market, or to the Vishmitals for exorbitant prices, and a lot of wealth and power. This has helped her increase her eyes and ears all over the city, even in the noble districts. Eventually, later on, it became a very quiet rumor, that the Fang's operations were scheming with Lesona thanks to her knowledge of curses. The secret of her sister now was just that - a secret, which barely anyone but a few knew of.

The once outgoing boss became cold and distant, suffering stress because of her paranoia influencing her decisions that went against her friendly and outgoing nature. This buildup in stress has caused her to make quick outbursts, and trusts few. If one who isn't a close bodyguard or personal attendant meets with her, it is essentially a guaranteed death sentence. Although she is loving and doting as a sister and caretaker, she has become to be known as ruthless. However, deep down this soft side of hers, and love for her sister becomes the motivation for many of her actions in leading her organization. Any who try to investigate are often met with red tape, stonewalling, and endless political litigation that goes absolutely nowhere. It has been many years since her heroic actions as a smalltime criminal, but her influence has been sustained (and grown) thanks to her business dealings, and those in the government she helped over the years.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 1:22 pm

It's a good idea Smile
I like the backstory you created here, with her actions back then serving as a base to her power. Symbolically a mafia boss as a dridder has something pretty fascinating too. The proverbial spider waving webs.
And I don't know why but the theme of the "sick" , bed-ridden sister works particularly well here I think.

My only remark is I'm not sure she would still be protected by the authorities to this day, especially if she has become more ruthless. The great destruction occured quite long ago already..
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 12:08 am

Karbo wrote:
It's a good idea Smile
I like the backstory you created here, with her actions back then serving as a base to her power. Symbolically a mafia boss as a dridder has something pretty fascinating too. The proverbial spider waving webs.
And I don't know why but the theme of the "sick" , bed-ridden sister works particularly well here I think.

My only remark is I'm not sure she would still be protected by the authorities to this day, especially if she has become more ruthless. The great destruction occured quite long ago already..

That's true. Its been quite a while. I was just imagining it may influence decisions. Or at least maybe with constant bribes, and having political officials in her pocket, she may be able to skirt the law easier. I'm open to ideas, or at least making it a foot note, having an ironically good reputation on paper, but being a ruthless, yet loving sister at the same time.

Still, it is quite literally a footnote at the end of the idea. Removing it wouldn't damage much I don't think.

She does what she does because she has a clear goal in mind.

Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:49 am

I think you're being emphatic in the wrong parts of the idea. You used too many words to say she was unofficially pardoned; it's not like the mob to get pardoned. They do better when everyone denies they even exist.

Instead of that, I'd recommend saying that they provided much support through the Great Destruction, and took the opportunity to get rid of any of the watch that wouldn't look the other way, with the complicity of the populace they were supporting. That sounds a bit more like people who call themselves the Fangs. Also, I'd add that their sympathizers got the opportunity to clamber up the ranks of the new, emerging order, ensuring a long-lived reign of corruption and impunity from the inception of the magiocrats, which mystified the wizards at every turn.

If you want to use the sick sister, I think you have an opportunity to add a tweest at the end: maybe her cursed sister is also leverage for Lesona, who knows about curses, and probably about removing them, as much as anyone. If the head honcho thinks Lesona, currently the head magiocrat, can help, surely Lesona won't turn down the opportunity to get them on her side. Would do for a good rumor, at least. In fact, since you want to remove the sister entirely, I'd say leaving her as a single-line rumor might do the trick for you.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Stabs wrote:
I think you're being emphatic in the wrong parts of the idea. You used too many words to say she was unofficially pardoned; it's not like the mob to get pardoned. They do better when everyone denies they even exist.

Instead of that, I'd recommend saying that they provided much support through the Great Destruction, and took the opportunity to get rid of any of the watch that wouldn't look the other way, with the complicity of the populace they were supporting. That sounds a bit more like people who call themselves the Fangs. Also, I'd add that their sympathizers got the opportunity to clamber up the ranks of the new, emerging order, ensuring a long-lived reign of corruption and impunity from the inception of the magiocrats, which mystified the wizards at every turn.

If you want to use the sick sister, I think you have an opportunity to add a tweest at the end: maybe her cursed sister is also leverage for Lesona, who knows about curses, and probably about removing them, as much as anyone. If the head honcho thinks Lesona, currently the head magiocrat, can help, surely Lesona won't turn down the opportunity to get them on her side. Would do for a good rumor, at least. In fact, since you want to remove the sister entirely, I'd say leaving her as a single-line rumor might do the trick for you.

...See...

That's amazing. I should have thought of that. This is why I'm glad you're here. I gotta incorporate that, and it sounds like the sort of thing Karbo would like too.

---

I edited it, changed some things that both Karbo and Stabs have suggested. I tweaked the influence bit at the end to suggest that its thanks to her shady dealings that her influence remains strong, not because they remember her good deeds from ages ago. Also added in a little bit for the possibility of the rumor with her and Lesona, and that over the years her sister has also become a rumor too, even though she does in fact exist. I added that they got rid of guards who were inconvenient, and helped political officials who supported them rise the ranks thanks to her growing power and role in helping the new government.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 9:37 am

Oh yeah good idea to mention Lesona, it totally make sense that the  dridder boss would sought contact with her ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 12:49 am

Karbo wrote:
Oh yeah good idea to mention Lesona, it totally make sense that the  dridder boss would sought contact with her ^^

Lesona could benefit from that relationship too, as the Dridder, being what she is has contacts outside the city, means information from the outside as well.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 7:57 am

I would like to add her, if you agree with the disclaimer ;3
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 10:53 am

Oh, why yes, I do. ^^

Sorry for the late reply, been drowning in coursework.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 4:53 pm

A wonderful article and really a long time comming. I love the idea of two Dridders as the main faces we see as faces of the organization, really just quite original there. Established during The Great Destruction is a lovely thing on the short term but I think this Mafia would have a hard time after it because if aim not mistaken after that the corrupt police force "ISD" was replaced by the new NPD who, while not totally clean are at least less likely to overlook criminal Empires riding on their midst. 

I also like how you establish that she built her success on supply of non Narcotics or Organized Gambling like typical Mafioso type people do. Very classy that and then diversifying into medical supplies was wise.

The political maneuverings that keep even Investigators from infiltrating this enigmatic order makes for a nice touch too. Shows that very clever and tactically thinking Dridder brain at work.

All in all a great start into fleshing out the seedy underbelly of Negav's murky underworld.

Thanks alot, wise guy. Now I gotta get off my duff and write about the Cremona Syndicate. =P After all can't have a Mafia without rivals and competition eh?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Right. Most human sized predators were driven out in one way or another. She remained however, because she was rich and powerful, and a lot of people who disagreed with her disappeared. I think also that they would have seen her heroism for supplying everyone during those times. There just wasn't enough motivation and reason to go after her.

I hope to see your idea up soon then Very Happy

-In hindsight this will make it more difficult for Lea when she goes to Negav to try and find a way to cure her curse for the official Felarya tomes.

Of course would the Dridder Boss help her or turn her into Lesona? It adds for a lot of "what ifs" and possible scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Negav Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negav Mafia   Negav Mafia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negav Mafia
Page 1 of 1